Rude welcome back...

eldar

ChiefTank
I kicked up a quick game of C3C (like so many, it seems) as I'll be getting V soon. I played a small map, everything random, at Emp, and drew the Arabs in an okay-ish starting position. Wines, a river, a bit rocky and too much jungle but workable. FP wheat turned up nearby.

And it was all going so well until 1000BC or so, I pulled the slingshot, was ahead in tech, fighting a few phoney wars.

But I was having trouble with barbs. And my military was a little underdeveloped. And Celtic forces suddenly wandered uninvited into my territory. You can guess the rest.

What a way to welcome me back after so long a break, huh?

At their home, at least. :D

Well the Celts are very aggressive and they love nothing more than a weak opponent to omnomnom in the beginning. :rolleyes:

It seems the skills get a wee bit rusty after a long lay-off, but don't worry. It comes back pretty fast, though. It's like riding a bike, a little wobbly at first, soon you'll be doing 5 miles. Welcome back!

One of the ancillary uses of writing detailed walk throughs for me is that I can come back after a long layoff. I just read what I wrote and can follow my own advice. At least that was part of my thinking.

My fear was that even a layoff of 6 months would require me to read it, but I wrote it thinking I may want to cme back after a year or more of not playing.

I have done some sort of notes for all my games over the last few years, especially the really old ones.

Top Bottom