1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule Change: Publication of Infraction Appeal Threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Camikaze, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Synsensa

Synsensa Warlord Retired Moderator

Camikaze uses the language he does because members are quick to reference court of law or concepts specific to the court/law when discussing moderating here on CFC. I've been guilty of that in the past myself before becoming a moderator.

The court is his wheelhouse; he can talk us all under the table. :D

;)

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I'm just trying to precisely explain the basis for the interpretation of the forum rules. By saying that reasonableness is not ontologically objective, I am agreeing with you that the nature of our reality here is such that we can't claim to know as truth what a particular post means, but then distinguishing that from other meanings of objectivity. 'Reasonableness' is a standard legal 'objective' concept, but this is more properly intersubjective, meaning in this case it is the sum of subjective opinions within a particular community, which for the sake of philosophical ease are assumed to be objective.

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Philosophy, ontology, nice, now i have some claim too :lol:

/kidding, imo the moderating is really nice in Cfc. And yes, ultimately it is debatable, but the stakes aren't that high (its only fun and games until you get perma-banned :D )

TheMarshmallowBear likes this.
  4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

I do like how transparent the mods are in CFC and how reasonable they are when it comes to dealing with infractions. The same cannot be said for most forums I am in (and I'm a member of many different forums of various interests).