Rule Violation

RegentMan

Deity
Bede sent this image in a message to Team M.I.A.:

Bede said:
To MIA Diplomatic Corps:

We are unhappy, and frustrated, by your recent dealings with the "Dark Side" across the water. We can no longer guarantee continued peaceful relations beyond 470BC (T104).

During this period we will view any incursion of your troops or settlers north of The Line of Demarcation set forth in the attached map as an act of war and will respond accordingly.

Bede of KISS

Sending this image pre-navigation is a violation of Rule 1.6:

The Rules said:
1.6 - Invalid Map Trading

Description: No team or individual is permitted to barter, gift, or otherwise trade any sort of map, whether it be a screen shot, minimap, hand drawing, or any other 'picture' of the in-game map, mini-map, or embassy screenshot before the requisite tech is discovered. Verbal/text descriptions are allowed, but coordinates are not.

Definition: A team creating screen shots, drawings, or other depictions of any part of the in-game map before the requisite tech has been discovered.

Purpose: To prevent the use of outside game elements to break the spirit of the game by allowing maps to be traded before they are allowed in-game.

Verdict: Using this exploit or any other exploit that allows any map trading before the tech is discovered through any means is a violation of this rule.

Punishment Level: Once – Orange (1-5 Turns), Repeat Offense - Red (2-20 Turns)

Here is the admins' ruling:

1 - MIA will delete the image from email, forums, and wherever else.
2 - KISS receives a rule violation warning.
3 - No punishment for Bede - he was acting on behalf of his team.
4 - The yellow line, because it was established with an illegal map, is now void. It cannot be reestablished.
5 - War cannot be declared by Team KISS nor Team MIA on each other before Turn 104, 470 BC, even if individual MIA units breach the imaginary line created by KISS.

Bede said:
Demarcation set forth in the attached map as an act of war and will respond accordingly.
Key word here. I still don't understand why the whole agreement with MIA is not being upheld but the peace portion is. In my opinion they broke the agreement(4 and 4b) back when they gifted techs to TNT. What say you to this?

All this means is that we can walk through their territory without them attacking. This is better than what we had planned. :crazyeye:

All this means is that we can walk through their territory without them attacking.

How on earth can it be legal for either team to walk thru the other's territory? In RegentMan's ruling, it just talks about the imaginary line, not territory!

There is no right of passage agreement between the teams, so if one team goes into another teams territory without getting clearance, that must be considered an act of war! In fact, I would get extremely pissed if they march troops into our land without declaring war in-game and via diplomacy. That type of move is just blatent cheating using the limitations of the game engine to one's advantage.

grahamiam said:
How on earth can it be legal for either team to walk thru the other's territory? In RegentMan's ruling, it just talks about the imaginary line, not territory!

There is no right of passage agreement between the teams, so if one team goes into another teams territory without getting clearance, that must be considered an act of war! In fact, I would get extremely pissed if they march troops into our land without declaring war in-game and via diplomacy. That type of move is just blatent cheating using the limitations of the game engine to one's advantage.
I think what Tubby is saying is land that is not within their cultural borders.
IE our GS to the SW can move 1S and 2E without any argument.

I was really trying to get a clarification. If I thought of that, then MIA could have too. What is the admin's ruling on that? A breach of cultural boundries does not constitute a DOW. Play any diety game and you'll see this with the AI. I think that we should still be sending troops to the south at least to scout. But what about cutting roads not inside MIA territory?

I would like to get an admin ruling on this as to what constitutes a DOW. Not that we would be devious, but to see what MIA is able to do under this ruling.

I am sure it would be perfectly legal to cut roads that are not in thier borders. However, if we do, we would want to wait until 1-2 turns before DOW. Have a few ready to cut off the outlying luxes prior to DOW and then rejoin a force. We must, of course, patrol our roads using GS speed to watch for incursions of Greeks planning the same thing.

Tubby Rower said:
I was really trying to get a clarification. If I thought of that, then MIA could have too. What is the admin's ruling on that? A breach of cultural boundries does not constitute a DOW. Play any diety game and you'll see this with the AI. I think that we should still be sending troops to the south at least to scout. But what about cutting roads not inside MIA territory?

I would like to get an admin ruling on this as to what constitutes a DOW. Not that we would be devious, but to see what MIA is able to do under this ruling.

For now I would stay outside of their borders, as going into their land without permission (against a human) is considered a DoW. Cutting roads outside of their borders is fine.

Top Bottom