1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

1. skodkim

skodkim Deity

I think I've been able to narrow it down to incompatibility to some of Sukritact's Civs. RWF v 9 works alone so I spend a couple of hours removing/adding my mods in pools. It seems that when I add the following I'm able to start a new game but when I shut down Civ and try to resume the game it crashes to the main menu. Logs are weird - when I start a game I see no (otherwise not known) error messages but when I load the game its cramped with them.
    The mod list:
    Sukritact's Chulalongkorn
    Sukritact's Ethiopia Zara Yaqob
    Sukritact's Ezana (Ethiopia)
    Sukritact's Khosrow I
    Sukritact's Lorenzo de Medici (Italy)
    Sukritact's Ramkhamhaeng

I think I'm more inclined to starting a new game than trying to narrow it down further, but I hope it helps!

\Skodkim

2. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha King

I think this is may be a Rule of Faith bug and not a general game bug, but I'm surprised that no one else has noted it here -- Hoplites seem to get their +10 adjacency bonus regardless of who is next to them, or even if nobody is next to them at all.

3. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha King

(Am I the only person who's seen this?)

4. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

@The GrumpyBuddha.

I haven't noticed this but it seems to me that this accident accurately reflects the hoplite's historic strength and skill. They were strong not only against cavalry but against melee units as well, so the +10 strength is a breath of fresh air.

Whether this is accidental or intentional I cannot say.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha King

For now I'd just like to know that regardless of the cause, other people are seeing the issue ... it's not like I play with a lot of mods. Some manual changes to barbarians, plus RwF, and that's it.

7. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

But surely in that case it'd be better to post it on the General Discussion subforum, where it'll get more views; or the Technical Support subforum, where it's best suited. Posting it here rather than somewhere busier is surely counterproductive, and does imply that it's Jifford's fault despite RwF not affecting anything to do with Greece's components.

8. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha King

When I first posted I thought it more likely to be a RwF issue than a general issue, given that I'd think this bug would be noticed/fixed if it were a general gameplay bug. (I did Google and try to see if anyone had commented on this generally, but I did not find any hits.) On the other hand, Civ VI still can't replace "Custom Religion" with the actual name of the religion ... so who knows.

EDIT: Just ran it both ways. Sorry, it's a general game bug. How does it last this long?!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  9. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

I really love the changes this mod makes, but I'm a little bit confused on how to found a religion when great theologists have replaced great prophets. 1 religion still has not yet been founded, but it seems like there is no way to found another religion.

Can anybody explain to me how this works? :undecide:

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

They haven't replaced Great Prophets, instead, they work alongside them - your Great Prophet points go toward Great Theologians once a Great Prophet has been spawned.

11. Baleur

Baleur Prince

Still getting problems with the game returning to the main menu when trying a new game with this mod.
    Previously i fixed it by unsubscribing and downloading the mod from here, manually.
    Now im encountering the issue again, and fixed it by removing the manually downloaded mod, and subscribing to the one on the workshop.
    All works well if disabling Rule with Faith.

12. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi JFD

Could you give a short introduction on how to make custom civs work with RwF (I mean text wise), e.g. using sql?

Some of the Civs that are not created by you show up with text tags in stead of e.g. Civ names and I'm having a hard time making it work (even though I dont se why, it should be pretty simple).

\Skodkim

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

14. Chrisy15

Database and Modding logs

15. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

I've played over a dozen games with this mod and I think it is amazing. Great job. Then I played this alongside Quo Tweak Mod, and it mostly worked, although I noticed that I wasn't getting GPP from kills whilst having the relevant Religious card. And my GTheoP were only going up by two instead of the 28 it told me it should be.

Anyway, I just wanted to know does anyone play with both these mods and do they work together? Maybe it was just an installation bug or maybe something else conflicted. I really like Quo's mod and have been playing with that exclusively, but I'm missing the options and gameplay of RTF.

16. magha77

magha77 Warlord

I have unfortunately seen the exact same issue.

17. skodkim

skodkim Deity

18. theczeroer

theczeroer Chieftain

hey for some reason i cant choose policy cards with this mod, i saw that one reason this might happen is using this mod at the same time as some other ui mod but im not using that mod, it just happens anyway

19. Chrisy15

^Answer to most error reports

[EDIT] Aaah fack in making a snide joke I forgot to say that Lua log would also be required :p

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  20. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Prince

I really like this mod but I haven't been able to finish a game with it. I keep running into a particularly frustrating bug where I can't continue the game after getting a great prophet. Before this happens The GP screen basically stops working and nothing happens when I click on it - then when I get the prophet his icon appears but clicking it doesn't register and I get stuck there not able to end my my turn or recruit him. I've run into this twice in a row - the first time I had CQUI running. I assumed that was the problem so I disabled it but ran into the same issue.

I didn't save any of the game info, but has anyone else run into this? I can't remember exactly what other mods I was running, but I know I was running a mod for numpad movement and possibly AI+.