Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

I really like this mod but I haven't been able to finish a game with it. I keep running into a particularly frustrating bug where I can't continue the game after getting a great prophet. Before this happens The GP screen basically stops working and nothing happens when I click on it - then when I get the prophet his icon appears but clicking it doesn't register and I get stuck there not able to end my my turn or recruit him. I've run into this twice in a row - the first time I had CQUI running. I assumed that was the problem so I disabled it but ran into the same issue.

I didn't save any of the game info, but has anyone else run into this? I can't remember exactly what other mods I was running, but I know I was running a mod for numpad movement and possibly AI+.

Have you updated to the latest version? I had a similar issue, but apparently I'd just missed an update.

Have you updated to the latest version? I had a similar issue, but apparently I'd just missed an update.

Yes I believe it's the latest version - it doesn't really say when I click on it but it was last updated in June and I subscribe to it. I did find the save and it looks like I have RED modpack, Numpad movement 1.0, and YNAMP mods running along with the Civ 6 DLCS (playing as Macedon).

Save attached at the point where I'm stuck. I can try to get the logs if needed but I've never done that before. I'm guessing one of the mods is just incompatible.

Attachments

• Attack CS2.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Reporting a bug. In my games, after getting a religion, Great Prophet Points aren't added towards Great Theologian progress, except for the +2 Great Prophet Points points from Revelation.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    333.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Lua.txt
    333.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Modding.txt
    333.5 KB · Views: 54
here they are

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    23.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Modding.rar
    20.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Database.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 100
Reporting a bug. In my games, after getting a religion, Great Prophet Points aren't added towards Great Theologian progress, except for the +2 Great Prophet Points points from Revelation.

Same problem -- I was getting 1 or 2 a turn from ... somewhere, maybe a Wonder, but that's it. I don't think it stops immediately after getting a religion, as I (and many of the AI) had built up a good number, but then it froze.

Same problem -- I was getting 1 or 2 a turn from ... somewhere, maybe a Wonder, but that's it. I don't think it stops immediately after getting a religion, as I (and many of the AI) had built up a good number, but then it froze.

A bit of a shame, because I love the concept. Looking forward to a fix or any news on the topic.

I'm having the same problem with only getting 2 GT points after I've founded a religion or got the first GT. I had experienced this before but assumed it was due to a conflict with Quo's Tweaks, but I'm not using that in this play through.
I do not know where the points are from as I do not have Revelations. I do have the +5 GP from kills card which were working before I got the double GP points GT bonus. The other AI are only getting the +2 points as well despite the fact it States that Arabia should be getting +5.7, me 12.9 and Papal States 8.0. The Civs accruing GP points for a regular Prophet are gaining the correct amount each turn. It just seems to be once people hit GT.

I found a fix for the Great Theologian points issue. In the file JFD_RwF_Functions.lua, situated in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua, where it says "playerGPP:ChangePointsTotal(greatPersonClassTheologianID, 2", replace 2 by "numPoints" and that should do the trick.

I found a fix for the Great Theologian points issue. In the file JFD_RwF_Functions.lua, situated in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua, where it says "playerGPP:ChangePointsTotal(greatPersonClassTheologianID, 2", replace 2 by "numPoints" and that should do the trick.

Thank you so much. I've started a new game with Ananse's overhaul mods and I'm having fun with those, but once I'm familiar with that I will return to RWF. How you can see an error like that in massive lines of code is truly amazing.

Just a quick question. I was using the Empire military card which gives faster border expansion and gives a free builder whenever you found a city on a new continent. My home (cap city) was in Oceania, and I had settled a city on Asiamerica and Europe, but when I installed this card and founded more cities on my non home continent, I was expecting to get a free builder, but didn't get it. Is this normal? Re-reading the card I can see that this wording could express how it has played out, but if so, I think it could be clearer. Bug? Or am I just bad at reading comprehension?

daigotsumax posted a fix for the Great Theologian points issue on Steam: "In the file JFD_RwF_Functions.lua, situated in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua, where it says "playerGPP:ChangePointsTotal(greatPersonClassTheologianID, 2", replace 2 by "numPoints" and that should do the trick."

Fix works! :-D

Just a quick question. I was using the Empire military card which gives faster border expansion and gives a free builder whenever you found a city on a new continent. My home (cap city) was in Oceania, and I had settled a city on Asiamerica and Europe, but when I installed this card and founded more cities on my non home continent, I was expecting to get a free builder, but didn't get it. Is this normal? Re-reading the card I can see that this wording could express how it has played out, but if so, I think it could be clearer. Bug? Or am I just bad at reading comprehension?

I can confirm I have the same issue.

Right, I started a game yesterday. Lots of fun, I had used daigo's fix so that the GT points were being added correctly. When I started to play today, I got about 6 turns in, I checked to see if I was getting any GP soon and the GP screen had reverted back to the vanilla one, with the empty GP column in the middle, but I had two Great Musician columns, with one detailing the info of Great Theos, except it stated that there were +0 points being added. I checked back the following turn and the correct amounts of points were being added to my Great Musician-cum-Theologian and a few turns later I popped a GT that gave me +1 Cultural or Faith slot. Before I pop him, I go to check my card slots and all the Religion and Faith slots and cards have gone and it looks like it has reverted to the vanilla game.

I have not been into the Mods folder in game at all since I played yesterday, in fact my PC has been off the whole time. I'm sure I must have save-scummed at least once yesterday and I definitely saved around T80ish too, so as to have dinner, so I don't know why this last save would have failed. Anyone else having similar?

Edit: I seem to have found the issue. It appears that CQUI doens't quite work. When I start a game with it, I get the 2 x Great Musicians instead of the Great Theologian. Strange how it worked for 140 odd turns yesterday :<.

Last edited:
Is this compatible with Omnibus? The Omnibus page doesn't list this as an incompatibility, but I just want to make sure since they both add/change a bunch of policies.

Is this compatible with Omnibus? The Omnibus page doesn't list this as an incompatibility, but I just want to make sure since they both add/change a bunch of policies.

If it modifies the screen itself, then it's incompatible; if it just adds policies, then it should be fine.

Unfortunately this is incompatible with the summer patch. I would really love to see it working again - its stille a great mod even though it could use some love :)

I don't know if it's just because I'm not running CQUI right now (also incompatible right now).

From lua.log
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith (v9c)\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernmentScreen.lua:1929: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith (v9c)\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernmentScreen.lua:1929: in function 'AllocateUI'
C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith (v9c)\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernmentScreen.lua:2747: in function 'Initialize'
C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith (v9c)\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernmentScreen.lua:2838: in function '(main chunk)'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Lua callstack:
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith (v9c)\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernmentScreen.lua.

\Skodkim

Nope, patch definitely broke it and a bunch of my civs. In no rush to fix it, as I'm mainly focused on Civ V right now.
That's honest talk even though it was definitely not what I wanted to hear.

Hope you get it done at some point though. I know (suspect) you don't think much of the mod, but IMHO it's really great and I'm going to hate playing without it!

\Skodkim

Top Bottom