Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Hi everybody !
French user of civilization on Mac and unable to open the government screen when using Rule with Faith JFD mods... I tried to replace the governmentscreen.lua by the one I have downloaded here then add the sukritact policy screen mod but it still does not work for me. Can somebody help me with it ?

Hi,
I think this is the case, but won't hurt asking...
Is Rule wit Faith comaptible with this Real Tech Tree (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=871465857&searchtext=tech+tree )
I assume not, because your mod includes already a tech tree revamp.
I recently activated RwF and kept the Real Tech Tree on...started having fixed crashes at turn 114. Now I see there may be a conflict here....
Could you tell me more maybe?

Thanks

When I open the policy manager from Sukritact's mod (only works with the "i"-key, the button on the top left doesn't work for me), a image of constellations similar to the background behind the map covers most of the policies and those covered can't be clicked "through" the image. I use RwF and Chrisy15's custom fix featured earlier in this thread, as well as some Civ packs, Sukritact's UI improvement mod and some others. Any known DLCs or mods that conflict with SPM? This used to work for me, didn't have to press "i" and had no "constellation image" until a couple days ago. Will try disabling some mods and return if I find a fix.

Edit 1: Tried re-installing SPM which didn't work.

Has anyone tested this since the fall patch (holding back the update atm)?

Before patch it worked fine for me using CQUI community ed. and Chris' fix.

\Skodkim

Has anyone tested this since the fall patch (holding back the update atm)?

Before patch it worked fine for me using CQUI community ed. and Chris' fix.

\Skodkim

It works fine.

Some amazing ideas here, JFD. Great to see you're still making great changes to the Civilisation Franchise. I loved your mods for Civ5.

I was wondering, though, have you considered expanding the number of Social Policies that deal with a society's labour and legal systems? Like Slave Labour (+1 Gold from Mines over resources; +1 Gold from Plantations; Builders can be used to progress Districts & Wonders), Serfdom (+1 Gold from Farms & Pastures over Resources; Bonus Charges for Builders (as is already in the game)),Indentured Labour (+2 production/-1 Amenity from Industrial Districts; +1 production from Gaols), Caste System (bonus GPP from Theatre, Commercial, Industrial & Holy Site districts) & Organised Labour (+2 Production, +1 Amenity & -1 Gold from Industrial Zones).

Last edited:
I will add new Policies at some point, and I'll definitely take those ideas into consideration. Though some like Serfdom already exist.

My Discord server is now open, for those wishing to keep up-to-date with the latest development or betas of Rule with Faith. I will no longer be using CivFanatics to make announcements relating to RwF, though Chrisy will continue to receive bug reports posted here (but posting bugs on Discord is going to get a more immediate response from me).

v10 has been posted. Patchnotes on Discord or Steam, this is the last version I'll be announcing on CFC.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2KfUlRX1owlMjdvUE5RZWhzMWs/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the reply, JFD. I am aware that Serfdom already exists, but I wanted it to include an ongoing tile-based effect, beyond its current effect on workers.Anyway, glad to hear you like the ideas.

I'm getting an error message in database.log when using v10. It may be down to other mods being used and I haven't seen any problems so far:

[3293077.483] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[3293077.483] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into LocalizedText('Tag', 'Language', 'Text') values (?, ?, ?);'
[3293077.483] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into LocalizedText('Tag', 'Language', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_NUBIA_DESCRIPTION_JFD_CIVILIZATION, en_US, Nubian Civilization, ).
[3293077.483] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file RwF_GameText_Titles.xml.
[3293077.483] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag

\Skodkim

JFD updated Rule with Faith with a new update entry:

Update to v10

* Updated for the last two patches. Thanks to Jan for the new Great Theologian portrait. * Nerfed Thomas Aquineas to have only 1 Charge.
* Added Polis and Horde as first-tier Governments, on par with Chiefdom.
* Tenskwatawa now yields Great General Points from kills, and fixed issue with his Faith from kills not working.
* Te Kooti replaced with Te Mihaia Hou. * Added Civilization_Titles for a backup where Leader_Titles is not supported or not needed (when the default leader and the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can u make this mod compatible with CQUI?

Just disable CQUI's GovernmentOverview Lua and XML files or w/e by renaming them; you've got a choice between a large gameplay mod and a minor QoL edit...

Just disable CQUI's GovernmentOverview Lua and XML files or w/e by renaming them; you've got a choice between a large gameplay mod and a minor QoL edit...

The only thing I see that is close to what you have mentioned is in the Screen folder of CQUI. In the screen folder there is civicstree.lau, government.lau, government.xml and techtree.lau - was this what you was talking about?

The only thing I see that is close to what you have mentioned is in the Screen folder of CQUI. In the screen folder there is civicstree.lau, government.lau, government.xml and techtree.lau - was this what you was talking about?

There should be two files, one called GovernmentScreen.lua and the other called GovernmentScreen.xml: delete or rename both of these.

@JFD, first of all, I am happy to see you updated this great mod. I know many people were looking forward to it as I was, although I won't enjoy it until we Mac people get the update. Having said that, I wanted to see if I could get the previous version (v9); the one in the update tab doesn't work. I downloaded it today and even when I disable all mods and have that one installed, it takes me back to the Menu Screen.

Edit: I believe the file that says v.9 is v.10. I checked the date in the mod info file and it says 11/16/17 as well.

Hello, JFD, I happy about new Rule with Faith update after never the mod never update for long (but I still play by using Chrisy15's fix and Sukritact's Policy Manager) and newer anicent government like Horde and Polis, however, I have see some bug and issue that never fix or add some not complete as well as something that might need in next update. I have test this mod with over 4 month to sure the stuff but I don't come with pros, neu and cons.

Bug and Issue:
1: First one was Government viewscreen, as this version have fix GovernmentScreen.lua to allow policy but it cause too slow again (or freeze for 1-2 minute, even crash the game) when have new policy card slot, change government and accept policy card set which very annoying (As Chrisy15's fix before new update have make faster) since Fraxis have fix the government screen to more faster, so need to fix (I don't sure if slower cause from change title or other stuff but not likely since Chrisy15's fix have no problem with these stuff, but likely cause with old GovernmentScreen.lua that this mod is still used).
2: Some mod may can't load with this mod and return to main menu if there are no reference, such as Leader_Titles have reference GovernmentType = 'GOVERNMENT_JFD_ABSOLUTE_MONARCHY' as the custom mod was came before Rule with Faith mod will cause no 'GOVERNMENT_JFD_ABSOLUTE_MONARCHY' reference and crash return to menu, as one way to fix this issue is make LoadOrder (and set value to 100).
3: I don't sure if player can gain Great Theologian from Great Prophet point with civilization who can't build Holy Site district, as well as Some Great Theologian that create Apostle have no religion reference which can't spread your religion (or null) make them useless unless using to other stuff like enhanced beliefs or attack enemy religion unit (I don't sure that if they died will lose some religion strength since I never do this).
4: Most of (RwF) Government Lense color are blue (by default), since I will always look a little stuff always, may need to add a color like example "COLOR_GOVERNMENT_JFD_ABSOLUTE_MONARCHY" for 'Colors' stuff.
5: AI usually adopted government like Polis->Autocracy->Theocracy->Absolute Monarchy->Military Guardianship, Constitutional Monarchy only that AI never adopted this form of government, AI also rarely to adopted Liberal Democracy. I'm sure that Fraxis will add this stuff soon (or not) since AI adopted other government may not likely to their own such as America will always adopted Democracy, but in-game they actually adopted Communism.

Add new Feature that we might want in next Rule in Faith update (likely if you want):
1: Civilization title, like America adopted Military Guardianship, their name will change to "States of America" or adopted Empire policy will become "American Empire" (I sure if there are some issue and problem to make through).
2: Cultural Diversity, of course, we will not miss this CD from Civ5 for make culture ability to civilization that have same culture. However, sometime may face with issue the game crash with Lua (I don't sure if someone have this issue, as likely that Fraxis still not have allow a mod to have Lua mod more than 2 in one game or likely allow it now that still not know, especially play this mod with Yet (not) Another Earth Map Pack).
3: Rise to Power-like stuff suh as prosperity (but not Piety or Epithets since it very annoying and Mercenaries due to some serious issue bug), currently, Fraxis don't have release .Dll tool yet if the mod have limited stuff to do, and New title from policy like "Federation" were reduce unhappy (or increase Amenities) in non-capital (I don't sure if this will conflict with policy like Empire if given a title).
4: New Wonder, Sukritact have master how to make a new wonder and model (while I still do same but have limited action).
5: Finally, "Opinion", I'm sure that someone may to ask some new feature to make more feel like a Civilization and Leaders.

I'm sure that have lot of mod working and also need to not forget to update the big game feature like this mod as well, and also that something may limited and hard code to do, but I sure that can do it. Also that my Civilization Mod is always 100% support with most of JFD's mod like this one.

I think you should add islamic republic government
it actually rules with faith and is quite efficient and successful

Top Bottom