1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

1. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

hi
    i've downloaded the mod from jfd'sgoogle drive, but there's a problem: when i click on governor panel, it doesn't open. So i can't choose any governor. Is there a fix?
    thanks

2. NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ Chieftain

I have same problem as @babareto1 - tested without any other 3rd party mods. Goverment panel doesn't work after "Political phylolsophy".

3. skodkim

skodkim Deity

4. NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ Chieftain

5. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

hi
    i've downloaded and replaced the fixed governmentscreen.lua and the content of Core.zip, but the problem remains. Governor page doesn't open. In my Lua.log appears these errors:
    Spoiler Lua.log (only errors) :

Runtime Error: C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernorPanel.lua:164: function expected instead of nil
    stack traceback:
    C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernorPanel.lua:164: in function 'AddGovernorCandidate'
    C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernorPanel.lua:79: in function 'Refresh'
    C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernorPanel.lua:573: in function 'Initialize'
    C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernorPanel.lua:575: in function '(main chunk)'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    Lua callstack:
    - Error loading C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\GovernorPanel.lua.
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\JFD_RwF_UIFunctions.lua:41: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\JFD_RwF_UIFunctions.lua:41: in function '(main chunk)'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    Lua callstack:
    - Error loading C:\Users\RAC\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\JFD_RwF_UIFunctions.lua.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. skodkim

skodkim Deity

That was a fix for the Government screen not opening after Political Philosophy. Sorry but I have no clue as to the other issue. Make sure you have the latest updates to Civ and that you download the correct version as there's more than one. IIRC I downloaded the version linked in the OP.

Frankly RwF is kind of a mess right now with bugs, half finished features and so (and I mean no offense as it's a great mod or at least has the potential to be!).

\Skodkim

7. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

The error implies your game is missing the GovernorPromotionSets table. Make sure your game is updated. The other Lua error seems to stem from that same issue. If you're on a Mac or iPad or smth then it's possible that the update hasn't been released or smth in which case hard luck.

babareto1 likes this.
  8. Mavfin

Mavfin AC was still the best!

That worked for me. Just overwrote the one file, loaded the save wasn't working, and opened the Government screen. Success!

RwF is working fine with JFD's leaders and civs, some other civs that are marked as RwF compatible, and several of pokiehl's tweaks, and several other things.

The capper is Historic Speed. Makes the game fun. I don't have 30 minute eras, but it doesn't take an hour to build a building or unit, either.

9. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

i've forced game update, now governor panel works. Now i've other problems: also without other mod activated, i've missed many features.
    - no extra governors
    - no consulate district
    - no rwf extra buildings
    But i can see and use all new government and cards. What's the problem? i've no errors in log...

10. Chrisy15

The current RwF version doesn't include any of these things afaik. There should be some governor reworks, but none of the actual new governors have been enabled; I don't think Loogie's done the Consulate art yet, if it's even still happening; and idk what buildings RwF is meant to be adding atm, given the fact that adding new Buildings to the existing districts is a recipe for mod incompatibility on the ArtDef front.

babareto1 likes this.
  11. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

Thanks for the support guys!
    I've another question. If i would to deactivate Governor features, i have to delete the relatives files in Core folder (are 3 files)?

12. Chrisy15

There's probably UserSettings you can use in said file.

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Rule with Faith updated. Please see the OP for some details. This is also available on Steam if you are registered as a Friend. If you want to send me a Friend request, I'll only accept it if you notify me here or if I recognise your name already. Good luck!

14. skodkim

skodkim Deity

For all of you interested in RwF I'd recommend you to open up Steam, befriend JFD and download the latest version from there. Just had a new update pushed with exiting new features...

\Skodkim

babareto1 likes this.
  15. Chrisy15

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Did they raise the limit of the friend list on steam?

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Mavfin

Mavfin AC was still the best!

You'll just get it all tweaked right and it'll be time for the Gathering Storm...

19. BlanecWH

BlanecWH Chieftain

Well, that sad that this great mod will not appear on Steam Workshop anymore (just friend only, but I would busy work on Stellaris mod until new DLC is come) but still used on Direct Download. But keep in mind that Civ6 workshop is bad if update a mod more than 30 time.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh