1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

1. Bazza1017

Bazza1017 Chieftain

Good afternoon all. Firstly, just want to say I really enjoy your mods, they add a lot of enjoyment to playing the games - thank you.

I've noticed on steam, and also MooneYY in the thread is having issues since the last update? When i reload my save from before the update, when i got to "Next Turn", it goes to "Please Wait", and then after a second the game completely locks up - doesn't give the pop-up of "Report Crash?" box either.

I'm not all that familiar with what is needed for bug fixing etc, but I've copied by other users' lead and have attached the Lua.log, database.log and the Modding.log file.

Is there anything else I can do to assist?

One thing i did notice, however was in the UserSettings.sql file that Legitimacy was disabled even in the new update. I manually changed it from 0 to 1 hoping to fix it, but it didn't resolve the issue in either a new game or continuing my game from pre-update.

"
    INSERT INTO JFD_GlobalUserSettings
    (Type, Value)
    VALUES ('JFD_RWF_ACTIVE', 1),
    --('JFD_RWF_LEGITIMACY_ACTIVE', 0),
    ('JFD_RWF_BUILDING_CHANGES_NAMES', 1), --Various name changes.
    ('JFD_RWF_BUILDING_CHANGES_SYNAGOGUE', 1), --Yields Gold as well as Faith.
    ('JFD_RWF_DISTRICT_CHANGES_NAMES', 1), --Various name changes.
    ('JFD_RWF_LEADER_CHANGES_DE_MEDICI', 1), --Catherine de Medici has a unique First Minister.
    ('JFD_RWF_WONDER_CHANGES_ST_BASILS', 1), --Now allows Faith unlocking Policies.
    ('JFD_RWF_WONDER_CHANGES_POTALA', 1); --Now has a Religious Slot."

I hope this helps,
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

New versions always require a new game. That's true of most mods, especially large gameplay-altering ones like this. It's unfortunate that Steam no longer lets you choose whether you want to update, but there simply is no way I can predict the best time to update so as to minimize save game losses. The best thing to do if you want to avoid this is to download the mod manually instead of subscribing on Steam.

epiplexis likes this.
  3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Something in the last two updates seems to have caused an issue with crashing and/or freezing. I don't experience this myself, and it seems not everyone does, and for those that do, it sometimes occurs only after some time, whilst for others it occurs on the first/second turn - all conspiring to make it incredibly difficult to resolve. I'm switching focus from Civ VI to Civ V, as I've said plenty of times, but I would like to resolve this if possible before Gathering Storm absolutely wrecks the status of RwF. So I ask anyone that wants to report this issue to do so providing this information:

Are you using the latest version of RwF? That is, it has the Legitimacy Yield and the Empowerments mechanic?
    Are you using any other mods? If you are, disable them and try again.
    Have you started a fresh game? If you haven't, do so - the current version won't work on an existing game from a previous version of RwF.
    Approximately what turn does the issue occur? That is, is it immediate (within the first 5 turns) or is it later in the game?
    Do you have a Government at the time of the issue? What is it? What Policies are active?

The only solution I can offer right now is to try replacing the included HistoricalMoments.lua file with the vanilla. It's a long-shot, but Historical Moments did once cause freezes and, though nothing with them has changed for a long time, who knows tbh.
    Replace into My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule with Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides OR Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\{RwF folder}\Lua\UI\Overrides
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EG4Tx_OoZddWA-zIp2sAxlqJw09OVOmC/view?usp=sharing

Dunno what more I can do unless I can replicate the issue consistently myself. Maybe ya'll just need better PCs :p

4. MooneYY

MooneYY Chieftain

Tried testing but found no consistency :( I've been testing with default options in the quick create game menu.
    First I thought it's opening the government screen prematurely before Code of Laws, but that appears to be a coincidence.
    Sometimes I looted goody huts, sometimes I didn't.
    I'm not sure I ever made it past meeting 1 civilization to the next turn, but I also had crashes before that.
    Mostly in first 5 turns, with one oddball game up to 14th.

I got most up to date RwF
    Been testing with other mods on and off
    Always fresh games
    first 5 turns

However I've found an inconsistency.

Tech trees look different depending on me using all my mods, or only official + RwF. I never had any other mod that I was aware of that changes Techtree,nor any that conflicted before, however I will do some testing with some possible candidates.
    Pictures of both (start of) tech trees found here:
    https://imgur.com/a/v9W7DbY

Edit: Tech Tree incompability confirmed to be from "Take your time Reloaded TECHS 2-5.5X" Mod in my case. Using similiar in Civics. Disabling both fixed the tree, but not the crashes.

Edit2: And no, it really shouldn't be my computer being too slow/old x) It's a machine with 4GHz (no OC) processor, GTX1080, SSD... you get the idea. Also up-to-date drivers.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

@JFDavis and there's no connection to the errors in database.log?

Haven't tried playing with the newest update myself but the second to last worked fine fur me.

\Skodkim

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Don't think thats me :p And doesn't seem to be related to the Government issue, which is related to some improperly setup mod support (some of which is about to be sorted out by ChimpanG of CIVITAS) (others have reported the crashes/freezies with no other mods, besides). The crash is being investigated but it's hard to locate since it seems so inconsistent between players. Seems to be specifically on the latest version, so please keep a copy of what you have now just in case. I've uploaded some Lua-less versions on Discord to get people to try and narrow down the cause, if possible, since I haven't really experienced it and therein it's hard to source.
    Discord link here to anyone not there: https://discord.gg/QyyE5kw

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    epiplexis likes this.
  7. zon

zon Chieftain

Your masterful mod work is much appreciatedd @JFD . To allow peeps to just revert to Dec-8 version in the meantime, here is the link, courtesy of Limer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rOZOB4VTZ2cY6lN7ypW4l3zhS2j5LD_j/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    epiplexis likes this.
  8. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

If you're talking about the errors in database. log I'm quite confident it is as no other mods are installed - just removed the UI ones too to make sure. And as mentioned before modding.log points to Core/RwF_GameDefines_Leaders.sql:
    Spoiler :

[3160948.428] UpdateDatabase - Loading Core/RwF_GameDefines_Leaders.sql
    [3160948.429] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.

I also own all dlc.

\Skodkim

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

10. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

He - good one. That what happens when you try browsing on a 5 inch screen :)

\Skodkim

11. Auda

Auda Chieftain

Hi JFD!
    Thanks for your fantastic work
    Why?? This was one of my favorite features, it gave a lot of flavor. Please, can I ask you to reconsider it? Or at least, make it optional taking into account that the entire feature and the texts are already created.

Thanks in advance.

Igor Borges likes this.
  12. zon

zon Chieftain

Hi Dear Mod Master @JFD
    Quick Q regarding this safe-file naming error when having switched to liberal democracy:

Any hint or idea how this can be fixed? Or shall I search for possible corrections in @sukritact 's Iceland mod?
    Thanks so much,
    zon

13. Deutsch

Deutsch Chieftain

I also am having a problem with crashing. :/

14. zon

zon Chieftain

file
    Suk_Ingolfur_Localisation.sql
    updates by replacing lines 367-380 with:
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_FEUDAL_MONARCHY_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "Lord"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_THEOCRACY_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "Supreme Bishop"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_ABSOLUTE_MONARCHY_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "High King"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_CONSTITUTIONAL_MONARCHY_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "King"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_NOBLE_REPUBLIC_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "High Councillor"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_LIBERAL_DEMOCRACY_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "Forseti"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_MILITARY_DICTATORSHIP_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "Inspector General"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_PEOPLES_REPUBLIC_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "General Secretary"),
    ("LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_EMPIRE_LEADER_TITLE_SUK_ICELAND",
    "Emperor"),
    to avoid save file naming errors during later game stages.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Alright lads, this update should do it to fix the freezing. If not, I'll revisit it, but otherwise, I will be taking a hiatus from Civ VI until some months after GS - except maybe a civ or alt leader for Chrisymas.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1575079496
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/121s6tJfj5h5dPZ_dF_sak-sPt6HObAwN/view?usp=sharing

--Fixed issue where the Legitimacy top panel changes would cause crashes or freezes for some players. Shifted Legitimacy details to the Government screen instead.
    --Fixed compatibility issues caused by the change in Govt structure.
    --Fixed Ankhu referring to Loyalty loss instead of Legitimacy loss from Govt switch.
    --Fixed issue with some Govt Plaza buildings not being purchaseable with Gold.
    --Fixed missing unit portraits for DLC dependent Mercs.

epiplexis likes this.
  16. zon

zon Chieftain

Thanks so much for all your masterly work @JFD - tho it still will only work with your Dec-8 version in my case. Have a great Xmas and hope to see you return back soon to the fold, after GS has dropped and been patched to maturity :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  17. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

I still have a bit of an odd issue. I can Empower my government, but the additional policy slot vanishes as soon as I unlock a new civic. When this happens, my government is still "Empowered" but the slot never comes back.

18. Sumerian Bara Husband

Sumerian Bara Husband Chieftain

I'm having this issue too. I'll try to get a list of mods I'm using to possibly find a fix.

19. Takarazuka

Takarazuka Chieftain

Mod stopped working correctly and crashes after yesterday. Noticed that the Peerage Point info at the top was not showing correctly anymore... Shows 0 titles available at 0 Peerage Points. Before this showed 1 title at 150 just like how Influence shows 1 Envoy at 120. Had several other issues that persisted even with only RwF and no other mods. I'm mobile at the moment and will upload pics and mod info later.

20. Duke Bilgewater

Duke Bilgewater Chieftain

About balance, I've noticed that the penalties associated with loyalty are very, very severe and don't work well with the realities of Civ VI's gameplay and AI. After four or five immortal, demi-god, and deity games, I've noticed that the most consistent issue is maintaining the loyalty of my cities. By the beginning of the Classical or Medieval Era, I've entered into a vicious cycle where even cities that are well-within the borders of my civilization are at threat of losing loyalty, losing population, and losing loyalty from losing population. All the while, the "disloyal" penalty of -75% to food makes it virtually impossible to retain a city because your population stagnates, whereas before it was realistic to form a "foothold" by focusing on food. I think "disloyal" is incurred below 50% loyalty, whereas "wavering loyalty" is -25% penalty at around 50% loyalty; personally, this seems too restrictive. Thinking about it now, I don't know if this is a new addition, but I'm certainly only feeling it now (every match) after updating your mod.
    And with the war-mongering of Civ's AI on any difficulty, I'm forced to dedicate production to units instead of infrastructure, which worsens the problem as my population caps at 6-8 - apparently not enough to influence loyalty.
    Also, I've noticed that the AI has no issue retaining city loyalty - excepting (characteristically) stupid city placements. I've seen multiple instances of civilizations conquering cities with low population between two populous cities and not only holding them for more than the 5-10 turns I can, but gaining loyalty.
    Perhaps I haven't figured out the changes you've made to loyalty, governance, peerage, etc., but it seems like almost half of what I do is dedicated to maintaining growth and loyalty at stages in the game where options are very restricted (basically limited to building districts or growing population). And when there's a chance that the city where I'm trying to put down a consulate will suddenly be hit with a huge production / growth penalty, those means are even more limited.

I don't know if there's another mod conflicting with RWF to cause this; the only thing I can think of is Smoother Difficulty, which has more to do with the AI's ability to spit out units and yields. I've gone from comfortably playing on deity / demi-god on Vanilla and old RWF to feeling borderline unrealistically-challenged on immortal because so much of my time and production is dedicated to these new systems while the AI chugs along with no issue. Don't know if anyone else is having a similar experience, but I thought I'd voice mine.