1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

RwF doesn't change Loyalty's mechanics at all. Those yield modifiers are simply how it works in the base game. If anything RwF should be benefiting Loyalty slightly because Consulates also give some Loyalty per turn like the Government Plaza. So not really sure what's going on here tbh.

2. Sumerian Bara Husband

Sumerian Bara Husband Chieftain

Just how does Empowering my Government work? Can I do so multiple times if say I wanted to remain an Imperial Monarchy well into the late game or something?

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You can only Empower once a Government until you switch Governments, and only once (that is, with up to one extra Policy Slot). So, you can empower Imperial monarchy once.

4. Takarazuka

Takarazuka Chieftain

Peerage Points stop accumulating after assigning my first Governor. Tested with no mods loaded but RwF. Used Firetuner and built a government plaza and magistrates office... shows 1 Governor Title Available at 150 Peerage Points and X out of 150 accumulated. After researching writing and getting a governor title and putting in Magnus, the Peerage Point info panel shows 0 Governor Title Available at 0 Peerage Points and 0 out of 0 points accumulated. So, not sure if the info panel is bugged or something or what.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Duke Bilgewater

Duke Bilgewater Chieftain

Interesting, I guess I'll have to do a deep dive and discover whatever's causing this. It only started when I updated to the latest version of RWF. Thanks for the quick reply.

7. skodkim

skodkim Deity

@JFD I can see that there's a new version on steam but I can't find anything on what was changed.

Any chance of a change log or just a comment?

\Skodkim

Ps: do you expect it to be save game compatible?

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

9. Sumerian Bara Husband

Sumerian Bara Husband Chieftain

I've been having an issue with compatibility with the TSL Enhanced Mod. It doesn't equip a government at start (your first city is auto-founded) and the Government screen cannot be dismissed. Any chance this might get a fix?

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

11. Takarazuka

Takarazuka Chieftain

When it originally happened, I think I was oligarchy. In my test to see if it happened again, I was one of the starter governments. Polis maybe.

Also, why do era/research rate mods mess with the tech tree? I'm using Historic Speed mod (longer than marathon eras/research but standard production) and it messes up the tech tree UI. The mod doesn't have an xml or LUA that touch the UI. Just speef settings.

12. jaros

jaros Chieftain

Peerage is way too weak. The points are too few, and the goal is too large. I'm yet to obtain a single governor title from peerage.

There is no base peerage income like there is for envoys; perhaps there should be. It could come from government, and different governments could give different rates towards envoys / peerage.

There is a premier minister that adds 50% to envoys income rate. I don't think there's is an equivalent for peerage.

13. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Some Governments give Peerage instead of Envoys. Plazas (and Consulates) are also meant to give a point inherently but I don't remember if that was working when I tried. Regardless the notion is certainly agreeable but will have to wait for the broader update unless of course you just want to adjust values yourself /shrug.

14. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Warlord

Is there a way to keep Qin Shi Huang and Genghis Khan’s name normal

15. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Find and remove the lines of code. File names are usually intuitive.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

17. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Warlord

Couldn’t find it ps what are all the starting branches of each leader

18. BlanecWH

BlanecWH Chieftain

Hello JFD. I have test with newest Rule with Faith mod and I hope that you would update soon as Gathering Storm DLC is coming. But there are also many flawed in this update that encounter by me are include with:
    1: Anytime when player start new Civilization (not continue or load save file) will see the pop-up of introduction of this mod. I don't know if we already it but there are no exit button beside as put 'Esc'.
    2: "Writing" Tech is conflict with their table line that likely that they must require "Irrigation" Tech. Maybe should move the Writing tech position.
    3: "Al-Basasiri"'s Civilopedia is likely took from Wikipedia because Historical Context said "Basasiri (died 1059)" (I have to admit that I don't ignore little feature like I have did to Civ5's Rise to Power mod just like most of modder have ignore the Free Cities that pop-up to Civilization symbol when they was convert into civilization that stronger in loyalty unlike Sukritact which I also following his suite.)
    4: "Mikhail Koshkin" have two of them in Civilopedia, one is for T-34 and one is for SU-35. Maybe should hide one of them. There are table called "CivilopediaPageExcludes" which I have used to hide them from being appear on Civilopedia if there are same unit appear on it. This will help to get rid of Merc Unit that might conflict with same unit if you want to used this.
    5: I don't sure but if First Minister's dummy were "First Minister's Office" and "First Minister's Faction Headquarters" will still here after capital is capture by enemy, I don't sure if they will automatic remove from the city.
    6: RIP Custom Leader Title because you have disable it. Also that default government title is not fill well with Chiyukitalian mod due to most of government were "Lady" Title even being as Democracy or People's Republic government (Still normal title as male ruler but there are non of them in Chiyukitalian). I hope that you will restore it.
    7: Last one is "Constitution" Civic don't boost after earn a Great Writer. I don't sure it there are something wrong with it since we already have earn a Great Writer.

I want to know if you have encounter these problem or last update that missing the old feature. Let me know but don't rush for update because Steam Workshop can murder your mod for being too much update (over 30 time).

- Mastodonmk2 (Not BlanecWH)

Ryansinbela likes this.
  19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

1. The exit button is the same as in the XP popups - in the very top left corner, at the edge of the screen.
    2. I don't understand what you mean.
    3. They're all copied from wikipedia.
    4. Have fixed for the next update.
    5. This is a bug I encountered a few times; that the building persists graphically even if it's not there in actuality. Game engine limitations, as it were - waiting on lua hooks to modifiers before any definitive solution can be made to all these kinds of bugs associated with using dummy buildings.
    6. No plans to restore it, except in so far as a potential CulDiv.
    7. I think the key was that the NumItems column was set to 1 when other Great People boosts are set to 0. Sort of unintuitive, but will have fixed for the next update.

I think saying these constitute many flaws is a bit of an exaggeration. None of these are very major, notwithstanding few are attributable to RwF.

In any case, I don't plan on updating anything or returning to Civ VI modding any time soon after GS. I don't even plan on getting GS at launch - simply, I don't like the game, and like this XP least of all, so it'd be a waste of not only time but also money to rush into updates.

20. BlanecWH

BlanecWH Chieftain

Hello JFD. Sorry for some trouble if I have say something that exaggeration since this is just my opinion since I would put the image too for understand but I have to pull out if that will mess up. I have to admit that I always keep little detail of the mod. Also, I have look it on my test on 23 December 2018 which some of my mentioned such as Mikhail Koshkin for SU-30 unit have already fix in 25 December 2018 update so I have to apologize for saying some false information.

But there are my answer on one of your quote. The image is take on 23 December 2018... I don't sure if you have already fix this...

For number 2. I don't know if this was cause by Rule with Faith since I also have other mod but I don't have any mod that edit or have new technology. The image show the "Writing" position being change for have require to research "Irrigation" before "Writing". But still work fine as it not happen. I don't know if this support with 1920x1080 since my display is over 1600x900.

Also, I forget another bug are:
    First, Great Stateman "Aleksandra Kollontai" that can't make a 'Soviet Woman' great work due to require Consulate Plaza district for action, I don't sure if this as exclusive to that district but there are no such as great work slot on Consulate Plaza or their building.

Second, Great Mercenary "Tim Spicer" also spawn 2 "Nothing" unit instead of 2 "Mercenary Koevoets" unit because the code for spawn these Koevoets is not exist although the unit itself is exist. It appear that Spicer have allow to spawn "M1 Abrams" instead of "Koevoets". BUT there are error code cause them refuse to spawn "M1 Abrams" are like this .... data code of this unit sql is like this
    "('UNIT_JFD_MERC_ABRAMS','KIND_UNIT'),"​
    and data code that spawn this unit on great people sql
    "('GREATPERSON_JFD_MERC_ABRAMS_1','UnitType','ARGTYPE_IDENTITY','UNIT_JFD_MERC_M1_ABRAHMS'),"​
    It appear that code that spawn unit name UNIT_JFD_MERC_M1_ABRAHMS is not exist because the unit is UNIT_JFD_MERC_ABRAMS. That mean this is also affect to "William Robertson Desobry" who have to spawn these unit.

Finally, this one you might asking Sukritact about their Policy Manager mod because it outdated for this mod after new card, I don't know if not update yet or just game limited.

I don't sure that you have fix or already find these bug, let me know.

- Mastodonmk2