Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Damn, good job man. I started reading a lot of the posts and got turned off by the whole argument over the names you chose for the governments. Having said that I am not sure which ones made the "final cut," I am assuming the ones in the screen shot on the DL page?

If this is the case, and please do not get upset with me for this question (and if it has already been asked and answered I am sorry but the arguing in the thread got annoying so I skipped to the last page), is there a way I can change them to something a bit more simplistic?

Finally, most of the mods I use are simple cosmetic mods like district icons, new civ icons, new civ colors, new religions, and a few new civs and leaders here and there. Are there known mods that conflict with this one?

Again, I apologize if this has already been addressed but the debate over the names kinda annoyed me so I glossed over many posts in the thread. I don't see anything wrong with the names you've decided to use I just want to simplify them a bit. I too studied political science/comparitive governments/political ideologies in school. I don't say this to mean that I "know better" than anybody else, I just have my own opinions about what certain governments should be called. I don't disagree with what you've called them I just want to name a couple of them differently.

Yes, when I can find the time.

Damn, good job man. I started reading a lot of the posts and got turned off by the whole argument over the names you chose for the governments. Having said that I am not sure which ones made the "final cut," I am assuming the ones in the screen shot on the DL page?

If this is the case, and please do not get upset with me for this question (and if it has already been asked and answered I am sorry but the arguing in the thread got annoying so I skipped to the last page), is there a way I can change them to something a bit more simplistic?

Finally, most of the mods I use are simple cosmetic mods like district icons, new civ icons, new civ colors, new religions, and a few new civs and leaders here and there. Are there known mods that conflict with this one?

Again, I apologize if this has already been addressed but the debate over the names kinda annoyed me so I glossed over many posts in the thread. I don't see anything wrong with the names you've decided to use I just want to simplify them a bit. I too studied political science/comparitive governments/political ideologies in school. I don't say this to mean that I "know better" than anybody else, I just have my own opinions about what certain governments should be called. I don't disagree with what you've called them I just want to name a couple of them differently.

You'll find the government names in here My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule With Faith\Core

JFD updated Rule with Faith with a new update entry:

Update to v8

• Ported to SDK.
  • Art updated thanks to Jan for crispiness and accuracy.
  • Fixed TXT_KEY issues with Gilgamesh and Classical Democracy, and Barbarossa and Merchant Republic.
  • Added support for Australia.
  • Added Cultural policy slot. Redistributed slots for Governments, and changed various Policies. Added 20 new policies (Census, Cultural Exchange, Court Eunuchs, Heroic Epics, Hydraulic Despotism, Isolationism, Jousting Tournaments, Law Steles, Labour Camps, Merchant Leagues,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Am I right in thinking this won't play nice with Immersive Eras and Historical Religions??

It should work fine with HR; no clue on Immersive Eras.

I dont know why i got this error

[1352635.122] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1352635.130] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_RELIGIOUS" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.130] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_RELIGIOUS" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.130] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_CULTURAL" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.130] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_CULTURAL" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.131] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_RELIGIOUS" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.131] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_RELIGIOUS" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.131] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_CULTURAL" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.131] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Policies.GovernmentSlotType - "SLOT_JFD_CULTURAL" does not exist in GovernmentSlots
[1352635.136] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.

I Must ask can You try to get in in contact with anise to make this mod compatible with bfg modpack as I love both of these mods and it would be amazing if you just made a small mod that gives a cultural policy for the starting tech in the bfg if u could thank you:D :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what or where the problem is, but when I start a game with this mod, the Assign Policies button does not allow me to proceed when I select my first policies.

Are you using a UI mod that might be incompatible? For instance, QUI (I think it's called)? Also, in case you missed it (a few people have), you have to scroll down to fill in the Wildcard, Religious, and Cultural slots.

How does the Functions LUA load ingame without being imported or added as a gameplay script? I'm trying to do something similar to this mod but without adding new governments or policies. I have the custom tables setup to add LeaderTitle to Governments and create new tables for Leader Titles and Policy Titles. I set up the SQL code and that's all good. I remove references to the UserSettings and Religious Titles from the LUA file and load the game. Any text or policy slot numbers that are changed will reflect ingame but the titles never get added. I don't even get placeholder text, the LUA doesn't seem to be processed at all. I'm not well versed in LUA but I seem to be missing something here.

Hi JFD,

Ran into a bug where reloading multiplayer games (with this mod) seem to crash and not allow certain players to join. I'm not 100% sure if Rule with Faith is causing it, but I wanted to ask how to go about bug testing this to see if its the source of the crash. The only other mods I have installed are custom civ ones by you and Sukitract as well as the better trade UI screen. Any recommendations on how to go about bug testing to determine which mod is responsible?

Hi JFD

Downloaded v8 and it seems you forgot to include JFD_RWF_GOVERNMENT_CORE_LEADER_CHANGES_QIN in JFD_RwF_UserSettings.sql which makes RwF_Config.sql not load

Edit: Actually inserting the line in JFD_RwF_UserSettings.sql doesn't do the trick as RwF_Config.sql still refuses to load. Load order problems or..?

\Skodkim

Last edited:
How does the Functions LUA load ingame without being imported or added as a gameplay script? I'm trying to do something similar to this mod but without adding new governments or policies. I have the custom tables setup to add LeaderTitle to Governments and create new tables for Leader Titles and Policy Titles. I set up the SQL code and that's all good. I remove references to the UserSettings and Religious Titles from the LUA file and load the game. Any text or policy slot numbers that are changed will reflect ingame but the titles never get added. I don't even get placeholder text, the LUA doesn't seem to be processed at all. I'm not well versed in LUA but I seem to be missing something here.

All the functions are to be founded stuffed into the GovernmentsScreen.lua file :p This is because for whatever reason not all Lua methods are available in all contexts, that is, the ones I need for Gameplay are only available to UI.

My cultural and religious cards have disappeared! I've narrowed the problem down to CQUI. I've enabled logging, but I don't know which files you would need to see.

RTF vs CQUI 1.png RTF vs CQUI 2.png

It just started happening, so I'll go report the problem in that thread, too...

My cultural and religious cards have disappeared! I've narrowed the problem down to CQUI. I've enabled logging, but I don't know which files you would need to see.

View attachment 469839 View attachment 469840

It just started happening, so I'll go report the problem in that thread, too...

Lua, but it's entirely possible this is an incompatibility.

I know I may be asking a lot but there is a mod called real era stop however this and that are incompatible, if they were compatible it would be incredible, one can only hope right ;)

Hi! Just a little detail i´ve noticed; when playing as Persia there is a visual bug in the civilization title display, which is caused by a misspell in the RwF_GameText_Titles.xml archive. Line 131 : <Row Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PERISA_DESCRIPTION_JFD_CIVILIZATION" Language="en_US">

Btw awesome mod i really enjoy it, thanks for all the great work!

Top Bottom