Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
FWIW, the First Look video for the Rulers of China is scheduled for release at 1pm ET on Thursday January 19th. The same time as the pack release most likely. Again, not really sure of the point in releasing these at the same time as the drop. It's kind of moot at that point.

If they don't cover the leader abilities during the inevitable livestream, then a launch-time First Look release would be nice for those of us who work at that time. But since we will most likely find out the abilities during the livestream the day before, the First Looks have become well and truly superfluous.

Again, not really sure of the point in releasing these at the same time as the drop. It's kind of moot at that point.
There has got to be something going on behind the scenes, like a staff shortage, because none of this makes sense from a marketing perspective, even given Firaxis's generally low standards. Its just so weird, especially after the fact that there was some marketing around the 30th anniversary that went nowhere despite feeling like there would be some kind of announcement to go along with it.

The modern marketing practice of announcing that announcements will be announced is not my favorite thing in the world. :coffee: Like, I get people's attention spans are short and there's a lot of competition for people's notice, but still...

i get that its cos theres precedent of calling the video where they describe the abilities "first looks" but if its coming synchronous with the release and after a (probable) livestream presentation it still feels silly to call them that. they're tied-for-second looks really :(

If they don't cover the leader abilities during the inevitable livestream, then a launch-time First Look release would be nice for those of us who work at that time.
Or better, release the FL before the livestream, so that people can discuss the LUAs beforehand and then prepare follow-up questions during the livestream itself.

Are we getting a live stream this week?
Unknown, although I can't see why we wouldn't. If we do, expect an announcement sometime today.

In any event, I have a thread ready to go once it is announced. 😼

That last leader looks spicy. I will try that barbarian conversion first. Although... if those units cost gold, then ouch.

very good pronunciation from the voice over guy! ^_^ also no confirmation on if converted melee units get conversions of their own... will have to test this in game
sad they went with green on white for uniqin, green on grey seemed so cool

The narrator guy seemed less annoying this time around though I hated the way he over emphasized Yongle's name and, again, I was half way expecting him to try and sell me by the end of the video.

The narrator guy seemed less annoying this time around though I hated the way he over emphasized Yongle name and, again, I'm half way expecting to try and sell me by the end of the video.
he definitely overpronounced the tones, which i feel you dont really need to do at all if youre saying the names in an english sentence... but they were correct for sure

sad they went with green on white for uniqin, green on grey seemed so cool
Yeah, I just checked and everyone is still using pre-existing jersey colors. Qin that the Ottoman default but Wu and Yongle use all of China's regular colors.

Also, anybody else notice how expensive the Rijia project is? I assume it works like the district projects and converts the production on a per turn basis?

i think its that expensive just so you dont have to constantly reapply it every 3 turns. thats my guess. probably doesnt have any major effect trigger upon completion, it just means you gotta click it again

i think its that expensive just so you dont have to constantly reapply it every 3 turns. thats my guess. probably doesnt have any major effect trigger upon completion, it just means you gotta click it again
See, I'd have the opposite problem of forgetting to switch away from the project and run it for a few turns too many.

See, I'd have the opposite problem of forgetting to switch away from the project and run it for a few turns too many.
yeah me too. seems like something ill be using the turn timer alarm clock mod for a lot

yeah me too. seems like something ill be using the turn timer alarm clock mod for a lot
One thing I'd love to see in Civ7 is a project timer where you can determine the number of turns a project runs, especially in the late game with things like Send Aid and Train Athletes projects.

Last edited:
Top Bottom