Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
Already saw this as part of yesterday's livestream, but here is the First Look for Rulers of the Sahara.

Here are screenshots of the LUAs from yesterdays livestream:

Ramses LUA.jpg

Sundiata Keita LUA.jpg

Cleo LUA.jpg

Strangely, when I open the Youtube link, it says it's still hidden.

I still think its weird that the pack is called Rulers of the Sahara since only one of them could be described in that manner.

You surely mean all three?
I would presume they're referring to the theory that the Eastern Sahara was wetter in the past and/or that the Egyptians did not actually inhabit the desert, only the floodplains along the Nile and the Mediterranean.

I still think its weird that the pack is called Rulers of the Sahara since only one of them could be described in that manner.
And a ruler of Norway is in Rulers of England pack, not to mention a ruler of the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Ireland. :mischief:

I would presume they're referring to the theory that the Eastern Sahara was wetter in the past and/or that the Egyptians did not actually inhabit the desert, only the floodplains along the Nile and the Mediterranean.
Then again, I don't believe the Sahara even extended into the core of the Malian Empire, but the Sahel. Still, I guess it's more simpler saying Sahara than North Africa, considering Mali wouldn't be considered North African either? :dunno:

Awkward naming aside, the link between the preservation of human remains in Ancient Egypt and an arid climate with access to natron seems worth noting.

Alas, but for a bridge and another dude, also named Harold.
I don't really find English history interesting and I'm not terribly interested in alternative speculation but I'm fascinated by what would have happened had Harold Hardrada won instead of Godwinson.

Last edited:
I don't really find English history interesting and I'm not terribly interested in alternative speculation but I'm fascinated by what would have happened had Harold Hardrada won instead of Godwinson.
My money's still on William the Illegitimate Child. :mischief:

My money's still on William the Illegitimate Child. :mischief:
Yeah, I think if it came down to actual having to fight, Billy The Boy Wonder wins but I'm more curious about if they would have come to a compromise or something.

Well, I guess it's time to play three culture victory games in a row... just like the china pack.

But I do think these three are interesitng, at least. Maybe a bit simple (especially Ramesses') but I like Cleo's.

I like how all three of these could benefit well from 3 different pantheons. Reeds + Marshes for Rameses (build those wonders!), Desert Folklore for Mali, and Earth Goddess for Cleo (abuse that appeal)

I just don't understand Cleopatra, she isn't already at the game? Why they made she again?

I just don't understand Cleopatra, she isn't already at the game? Why they made she again?
To save money. Perhaps we will see the development of this idea in 7

Top Bottom