RuleTheWorld Public Beta

Varlin Saliptor

Does not hate the future.
After *counts on fingers* three (nearly four) years, I have finally created something worth contributing to share with the community. Bear in mind though, this is only a beta version, though (yeah, it still isn't finished yet), so things aren't complete. If any of you remember my previous releases of RTW, please stifle your groans. I am more mature than I was back then, and actually know what I am doing. :D

(I also had no intention of trying to steal Hikaro's fire from his Beta-release -which is awesome, by the way- as this release was purely coincidental. ;))

Enough chatter, here are the stats:
Seven new Civilizations:
The Scots
The Moors
The Malays
The Tibetans
The Polynesians
The Malinese
The Basotho

Many New Units
Flavor Units
New Unit Lines (in progress)
A second Unique Unit for each civilization (all but ten of those have been added so far)
New abilities for old units
New resources, governments and a few other surprises.

Oh, and what I hope to be this mod's claim to fame: The redesigned traits.
Militaristic civs can negotiate alliances earlier than any others
Commercial Civs get double gold from the wealth improvement
Industrious Civs can bridge rivers frm start
Seafaring civs get an early start on Sea travel
Religious Civs can conduct sacrifices early
Scientific civs can irrigate without fresh water from the beginning
Agricultural civs learn to better cultivate the land as the game progresses
Expansionist civs have a faster settler than other civs

Still not finished:
The Civilopedia entries and icons for some civs and units
Not all leaderhead graphics implemented yet
Not all UU's added yet
Not all flavor units added yet
Latter three tech trees not completed

Status: Playable and nearly completed for first era, with some progress on the second era.

Download from this page.

The download is hosted on my own webspace, so there is none of that download queue business from the other sites. The final version will be mirrored and hosted on my website.

Please note any errors you find as you play, and post them in this thread.

Thank you for your time!

I like the traits implementation you have going. :) The one trait that seems a little odd is the scientific...

I had to google Basotho :goodjob: Are they related in anyway to the Zulu? From the little I read I'm not quite sure how they made it into a worldwide mod but it adds flavor (and who else has the Basotho?).

D/L and will try .. need a break from FO3 anyway so back to civ again for a tad.

Right, I read that link still wasn't sure how the Zulus fit into the picture.

They have nothing to do with the Zulu. They are their own country. As I said, they fit a hole that I had in Africa with Mali and the Zulu already there. They are just a third nation I chose that had a little history of own, as well as a leaderhead already completed for it.

@Stormrage: :p

Wonderful. Hmm...I zipped it with 7zip...
http://www.7-zip.org/ Try that.

It all unzips fine for me. If 7zip doesn't work, I am re-uploading it right now, just to be safe, so try back in a couple of hours. (last time it took ~4-5 hours)

Still not finished:

Not all UU's added yet
Not all flavor units added yet
Latter three tech trees not completed

Status: Playable and nearly completed for first era, with some progress on the second era.
I look forward to trying this when it moves from alpha to beta.

:coffee:

That's good to know.

I have added many more of the flavor units since I uploaded this, as well as all of the UU's and am fixing the bugs involved with all of those.

I came across something that could be considered a bug, on some coastal tiles there is copper, yet it appears over the water. I've noticed this in several areas on the map.

I also noticed that the laborers in my city appear African, yet I'm playing as the Romans. I don't know if this was intended or not.

Haven't hit any CTD's yet.

I came across something that could be considered a bug, on some coastal tiles there is copper, yet it appears over the water. I've noticed this in several areas on the map.

I also noticed that the laborers in my city appear African, yet I'm playing as the Romans. I don't know if this was intended or not.

There are a lot of graphical bugs. I know about copper on the coastline.
OTHER KNOWN (Mainly GRAPHICS) ISSUES:
Popheads for African Civs
Leaderhead Graphics for Several Civs are Firaxis default
City lists for Tibet and one other civ are still from the MesoAmerican civs put them over.

As for the lack of money, I think I made tribal council too restrictive in that sense. I intended to make it difficult to expand, but may have over-powered it.

I am working on a biq with these issues resolved.

Sorry for the massive bump/gravedig, but I was wondering if anyone in this thread might still have the files for this mod saved somewhere. I am feeling nostalgic and kinda wanted to work on this, but that is difficult without the original files, and my links are all dead.

Top Bottom