1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumors too overwhelming to be useful

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by player1 fanatic, Oct 30, 2016.

1. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

The biggest problem with rumor system is that you are getting spammed with big amount of low quality info, making it diffucult to find important stuff.

There is rumor history for each leader but due to lack of any filter it is difficult to find important stuff like wae declarations wonder construction or city ownership changes.

System should be redesigned to remove low quality rumors and replce them with civ report (what districts they have, techs, etc...). Also improving rumor popup to include icons would be helpful so you can easier see at glance what it is about.

2. smartcanuck1988

smartcanuck1988 Warlord

Yeah icons are a must. Icons for the type of rumor and the civs involved would greatly make it easier to read.

Also I'd like them stop showing rumors that involve things I did. Like overhearing that another civ has received a delegation from me. I think I don't need the gossip system to figure that out :)

3. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

I don't need to hear about every pillaged tile and every unit promotion in the world, Firaxis!

idjit likes this.
  4. ELRACj

ELRACj Warlord

and I would love it if they game didn't give me rumors that someone made a trade agreement with me. I appreciate the information but I was there when I gave open borders to Saladin!

need my speed likes this.
  5. isau

isau Deity

Working on a mod for this this afternoon. I will post it when it's ready. It will allow you to hide anything you don't want to see (sadly won't work in-game, you'll have to de-prioritize in a text file).

6. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

We need a notification log. Actually 2.
    One for diplomacy one for empire day to day stuff.

Get to it please Firaxis.

7. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

A unit promoting should not be a rumor, ever. I don't care. Nor tiles being pillaged.

Things that are acceptable rumors:

1) Cities being under siege (as long as I'm not the besieger!)

2) Alliances being formed or friendships declared.

3) AIs deciding which victory condition to go for.

4) Wonders being constructed.

5) War plans being formed.

6) Great People being activated.

7) Governments being changed.

8) City-state suzerainty changing (maybe--this one might get too spammy, not sure).

ELRACj likes this.