1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Run-off - Govenor of Capital Province

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Goonie, Apr 29, 2003.

?

Govenor of Capital Province

Poll closed May 3, 2003.
  1. Hygro

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Gingerbread Man

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

This is a run-off between GbM and Hygro. Pick the candidate who you think will best serve Fanatikou.

2. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

(GBM steps up to the podium, clears his throat, then speaks)
    Why you should vote for me, Gingerbread Man:

I believe that I would be the best governor for the Capital Province. I have the experience and the skills to match.

I have been an active member of the Demogame 2, being a governor from term 6, and deputy from half way through term five. Suring that time I have proven my attention to detail and optimisation. Some of you may remember the relocation of Ise, the city analysis, where whenever I entered a province I did an analysis of every city's potential, and participation in the size 20 plan.

For those of you who dont know the single player demogame, I find myself to be a micromanager and a perfectionist. Of course, that can only be confimed by you.

I know the workings of Civilization III very well. Having played Civ since Civ1 for windows, I can be a good resource. But I am always open to correction. Tell me I am wrong, and I will take you seriously and listen to you.

Living in a different timezone means that I can be there for those late night turn chats, where all of you are asleep. You can trust me if I ever become a DP. (I've posted in the organisation thread, but no reply)

But of course, this is a democracy. And in a democracy, the will of the people rules. I will always listen to anybody's suggestions, no matter how young or old you are to Civilization or to life. But I will be prepared to make the hard decisions, when there is disagreement in the forums. GBM is for the people, and the nation!

So, please choose your vote. If you think that I'm not as good as I have said I am, I respect that. Vote for Hygro. I'm sure he would be good. But If you do believe that I am what I say I am, then please vote for me - you will find it a good decision.

Vote Gingerbread Man, the man for the People, the Nation, and the Governorship!

[party] [dance] [party] [dance] [party]

3. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

My orriginal speech is over here:

http://140.211.122.84/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41
    username: fanatics
    Password: zli94AB
    Here's what I have to add:

I did not play Demogame 1 or 2. However, I have found those are fundamentally differant, as the opponents are computer, and not populations of other humans. I have closely and actively followed the game.

And to misquote Gingerbread Man
    Right now the position of governer is almost as large as the president's postion, and here's why:

Our empire is made of of 2 cities, and right now, Shen Ling, our capitol, produces 75% of the empire's commerce, 75% of its production, and about 61% of the food. That is about to change a bit so we can get more food, but its proportional power will remain the same. Also right now Shen Ling is the greatest city in the world.

Currently, we are having some issues in the demographics: land area is small, yet population is small too. At least three other civs already have granaries. Production is good but not perfect, and commerce needs some boosting as well.

You'd think with A) such a good starting location, and B) by building up before expanding, we should have a commerce and production lead on those who focused more on settlers. At least we should have the first granaries, no?

So as it stands, Shen Ling needs a lot of work. I made it my duty to know civ3's numbers and statistics inside out, so I know how to build our Fanatikese center strong and properous, ensuring that our empire does well internally.

Finally, which I mentioned before over at croxis' server, I agree with the policies of the new government that's about to take office. This will ensure efficiency and good teamwork, instead of battles on how to do things, thus causing us to make poor, last minute decisions just to pass the turn along. It won't be hard to make sure that doesn't happen.

I need you your votes to make us happen :thumbsup:

Sincerely,

Hygro

4. Hygro

Alright where are my supporters when you need them ;)

I guess having much of my speech in a passworded website is a bit off a turnoff, so here;s my first speech:

Why you should vote for me in the runoff poll
    Here's the thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51362 in the off chance you missed it

Basically, Gingerbread Man and I will be having a runoff poll to see whose gonna be governer. I want and need your votes to be elected.

Why elect me? Well first off, Our President Elect FortyJ and I share similiar views on how to run the empire. Since the empire consists of only 2 cities, and only 1 with a governer, this will make it so we run smoothly and efficiently.

I know civ3 inside out, being able to micromanage very well, and plan ahead. Though we are not playing against the AI I am rather competent now in the Emperor level.

I'm always around, whether I'm just reading, or, more often voicing my oppinions, ideas, and strategies. I not only participate a lot in our main forums, but also at this super cool forum here. I will be able to channel these plans better as governer.

Right now, here's two things I find important--things most people agree on:

-Gettinga third city on the gold at Zhi Gang
    -Growing to a larger size as to promote commerce and production, so we can build many swordsmen and then later riders quickly while collecting much commerce.

5. Hygro

Any questions/comments are welcome.

6. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

i support ya dude, i like a guy who knows his stats (and shares them with the rest of us)

7. Gingerbread Man

wow, I never thought I'd get this support...

well, keep voting for GBM! And when will this poll end?

8. Hygro

Since the new government is taking office quite possibly today, I would say very soon.

Congradulations on you iminent victory. When I voted for myself it was 3 to 3, so I figuered it was going to be another close race. But something you wrote that I didn't probably changed people's minds (as I had 7 votes before, as did you, and now this time I have 4 and you have 9)

BtW, can anyone who changed their mind tell me why in particular (constructive criticism, it's all good :))

9. Gingerbread Man

I would also like to know why I got those extra two votes.

This is the most powerful role I have been voted for, governor of the only province. Thanks to all!

Hygro, I never thought why people voted for you, 'cause I was too busy voting for me :D. They most probably voted for you because you can play well at higher levels than me. They most probably voted for me because of my demogame experience. But I cant read minds, I dont know their reasonings for voting.

Then again, this election isn't over yet! There is still time for you to make a comeback. there were 21 voters, I think, so one needs at least 11 votes to be assured victory.

10. Hygro

Well, I'm being to spiteful to pull anymore votes now ;) here I am whining about my lack of a loyal base, and here you are saying, well hey, you could still pull in more votes, you still got a chance :lol: makes me feel like a meany.

Ok, think positive chaps!

Anyone who hasn't voted, I want you to tell us why. This is important (you KNOW how its a life and death matter:)) Tell us why you have yet to vote!

11. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Set this poll up for 4 days.

12. Hygro

Ok, y'all got 6 more hours (or 30?) to give me the needed votes!

Maybe I didn't mention this allowed, but I too am interested in hearing what you have to say! Honost! (Actually it IS true, but at this point its a rather feeble attempt).

Anyway..... my two above questions still stand: Why did some people change their votes, and why didn't others vote.

13. Gingerbread Man

About 6.5 hrs remaining.

Go GBM! Go GBM! Go, Go, Go GBM! I'll be holding a victory party the moment the poll ends. All invited (unless, of course, I lose). It will be held in the capital province thread.

If Hygro wins, i'll hold a party anyway. Free beer (and doughnuts for Octivan) for all!

EDIT: 15 minutes remaining.

EDIT: I win, I win!!!!

[party] [dance] [party] [dance] [party]

To celebrate, I will hold a party with :beer: and :fish:, but please no :vomit:.