1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Running Civiv from hard disk rahter then CD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by godvolcane, May 31, 2006.

1. godvolcane

godvolcane Chieftain

I was wondering how to configure the game to run from my hard disk rather then from the CD. I have copied the disks to a folder on my hard drive and installed from there. But now I can not find a configuration file which allows me to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. boneys26

boneys26 BTS Play session tester

It can't be done theres a copyright thing on the disk to stop this sort of thing you can only play the game if the disk is in the rom drive it doesn't work if you copy the disk to another either.

3. godvolcane

godvolcane Chieftain

Ok thank for letting me know.

4. godvolcane

godvolcane Chieftain

hey would burning a disk work and let me play?

5. Zanmato

Zanmato Chieftain

I very much doubt you could make a copy of the game disc in any shape or form. The game already runs from the HD anyway and it really only uses the disc on starting up the game.