1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Running from Cruise Missiles

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Toshiro126, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, unfortunately, but I will ask anyway... :confused:

During my last game, I was closing in on a space race victory when the Incas showed up and began bombarding me with guided missiles. Any way to stop those things? Or do you have to just take out the ships they are fired from?

Thanks! :D

2. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

They evade 100% of interceptions, their only disadvantage is a range of 4. You have to get to those ships/cities.

3. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

Ok. That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick response!

4. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

I just got an image of cavalry galloping away being chased by cruise missiles but evading them. :spear:

5. TheWilltoAct

TheWilltoAct I am observe

^^
    Epic lols :lol:

6. capnvonbaron

capnvonbaron Democratia gladii

all too often they use solo subs to do the dirty work. If I plan on late-game peacenick victories I almost always have a half dozen blimps on recon duty to see if there are any large stacks on the way or subs prowling around.

A couple of subs of your own in your harbors waiting to go can't hurt either. Load them with cruise missiles and they can do a lot of damage to an enemy warship stack without risking your own air/naval units on close battles.