1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Runoff poll - City name

Discussion in 'Team Amazon' started by Norton I, May 25, 2010.

?

What will we call city #2?

Poll closed May 27, 2010.
  1. Dianopolis

28.6%
  2. Otreta

71.4%
  1. Norton I

Norton I Warlord

It's... Dianopolis vs. Otreta

Place your bets please...

2. wideyedwanderer

wideyedwanderer Prince

For the reasons I stated in the previous thread, I like the idea of naming cities after Amazons because it sounds authentic, yet unique. Naming a city after a 20th century comic book hero, no matter how great she may be, just doesn't sit well with me. It lacks creativity and ingenuity, two traits AMAZONs should be proud of. Let the other teams name their cities after modern pop culture icons, we can think of more clever ideas, which is why I vote Otreta.

Furthermore, if my guess about Sirius is right, and they name all of their cities after stars, they will have consistent city names. We named our capital Themiscyra, after a legendary Amazonian. Diana is modern, not legendary, and naming a city Dianopolis would rupture the continuity of our city names. Continuity, while not necessary, is pretty awesome if done correctly.

3. IlBrago

IlBrago Chieftain

I don't like the name Dianapolis either, but Diana isn't a 20th century name...she was the roman goddess of hunt
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_(mythology)