Rushing the Granary in Zhi Gang?

What shall we do in Zhi Gang?

• Nothing at this time.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Change production to a military unit.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Rush completion of the granary as soon as possible.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • None of the Above... I've got a better idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain. I can't think right now... Do whatever...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FortyJ

Deity
The granary being produced in Zhi Gang is taking a while to complete and we have enemy units within striking distance.

What shall we do?

The Granary is 29/60 complete, with +2 spt added to it and the city is scheduled to grow in 7 turns.

Options:
  1. Leave it alone. Make no changes at this time.
  2. Change production to a military unit immediately. This would result in a waste of shields as we have no unit more expensive than 20 shields.
  3. Rush the granary at our earliest opportunity. This will likely cost us 1 citizen.

Bah! I say do nothing!

We (according to the maps) have an excellent opportunity for making GC pay a dear price for invading our lands. Attack I say. Take out that wounded warrior East of Zhi Gang. Hunt down that other warrior that will probably be heading home after war is declared. BoP may be unmanned, as the Barbs seem to heading straight for it. Let the barbs work on Bop for a while as we create our army of warriors in the Capital. We have them at a disadvantage, clearly. Let's make them pay!

Rush it. Then we can reboucd very quickly, thus allowing our empire to grow at a steroid-pumped rate, making us the most powerful nation!

i agree, i think an attack on GC should only be a last resort, they probably have a spearman backed up by a few warriors in BoP (i would have ATLEAST 2 units guarding the most important military city in my empire if i were them) don't underestimate there power and overestimate our, or we could be dead before the medivel age.

I wasn't saying we have to attack BoP necassarily. Mainly what we have to do is give up this wishy-washy policy of "sure, go ahead, walk all over our lands, and when you figure out how to make maps, sell our locations to everyone else". We have a prime opportunity here. We can set them back several notches.

Ah, never mind. Let them walk all over us.

killing a warrior or 2 won't set them back, it will just get them out, thats not in question, what i'm worried about is that there ready for a war now and we arent so if they decide to make this a little more than a small border conflict and go for the whole"extinction war" thing we could be in trouble, we maybe be forced to do it anyway but only after we've talked with them about it.

Rush that granary so we can grow faster and thus produce a larger army.

We must expand to get our first five cities and good resources ASAP. Trade for the wheel soon, so we can find horses. THEN prepare for war.

What I will be doing for the cities is to have Shen Ling as a settler factory, and every other city as a military producer. So I am saying that we should get our first five cities, build an army, then continue with expansion, because then we'll have the capacity for both army and expansion.

sounds good to me were in no way capable of wageing a good war right now :(

The granary could not be rushed last turn, and the apparent threat of war with GCA has dimmed slightly. As such, I believe certain votes might change if this issue were polled again.

As the situation has changed, I move that we repoll this issue prior to taking action with respect to rushing this granary. If someone will second this motion, I will post a new poll as soon as possible.

I was originally in favor of doing this, but now that the situation is slightly less hostile than it was merely a turn ago, I am fairly opposed to it.

First, the loss of the citizen will occur before the granary is completed, so the granary will offer no benefit to the initial growth from size 1 to size 2. Also, the loss of the citizen may well cause unhappiness problems that may force us to use the remaining citizen as an entertainer to maintain the peace.

Rushing the granary might have made sense when we were staring at the crude axe wielded by the GC warrior, but it seems now that we should have sufficient warriors coming out of Shen Ling to provide adequate defenses for our homeland. Also, the total cost of rushing the granary may be too high for the benefit we would receive, especially since the benefit will not be felt for at least 10 more turns (coincidentally, the same time it will take us to build it naturally).

Top Bottom