1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rushing trick

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Loki130, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Loki130

Loki130 I remember when...

Just discoverred an interesting trick with rushing units-I didn't have the money to rush a big one, so I rushed one that cost half as much, then rushed it all the way. The results were the same, and the second option was cheaper. Did I just discover some kind of cheat here?

2. Xethorsiph

Xethorsiph Chieftain

Specific examples and clearer explanaition please.

3. Taras Bulba

Taras Bulba gone

cavs do serve some purpose in the modern age

4. NickyH

NickyH Bismarck with lipstick…

5. Globex

Globex President Scorpio

Its called short rushing and its been used for a long time. The most effective way to do it is to rush a worker first and then rush the project the whole way. Since it costs twice the money to rush a project with no shields in it than one with at least one shield, short rushing cuts your rushing cost by a lot.

I don't really think that its much of a cheat since you can just wait a turn for the city to contribute at least one shield to the project and get the same results as short rushing.

6. capnvonbaron

capnvonbaron Democratia gladii

hmmmm.... daddy has a new trick up his sleeve....

7. ecuwins

ecuwins Emperor

Yarrrr, it be an old trick.

8. capnvonbaron

capnvonbaron Democratia gladii

Yaarrrr! This chair be high, says I!

9. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

Also, for example, if you are producing 50 shields per turn and want to rush a 100 shield unit you should only rush the first 50 shields.

10. Hasdrubal Barca

Hasdrubal Barca Emperor

Rushing something in total is also waste, since you are wasting a whole turn of shields production of a city. Short-rushing should be done prior, you see what units you have of lower value to the actual unit you want and you short-rush to it.

Worker-10
    Archer-20
    Sword-30
    City produces 10 shield per turn - Sword ready in 3 turns - short rush worker, sword ready in 2 turns or instead short rush archer, Sword ready in 1 turn (10 shields lacking in the box will be provided by city - 0% waste) that simple.

There are also other tricks/exploitish nature to be used, civil engineers add 2 shields to a city production pool for improvements only, there for, begin by short-rushing units every turn and switching tobuilding and then adding civil engineers on end of turn, at beginning of turn break into build sequence and switch back to a unit, the shields will carry over, then short rush another unit and switch back to a building, add the civil engineers again and do the same process over and over, its a bit time consuming but you´ll be producing like mad.