1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia 1700

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Efim, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Efim

Efim Chieftain

In the scenario of 1700, Russia does not have the entire territory historically represented. Almost all of Siberia was developed before 1700. In the scenario, half. Can I finalize in the future?

Crimean Lord and Rodnok like this.
  2. mateyson

mateyson Chieftain

Developed?) :smoke:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    DarkLunaPhantom likes this.
  3. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Was the land actually settled to any meaningful degree or was it simply claimed?

DarkLunaPhantom likes this.
  4. Efim

Efim Chieftain

Cities were built, there was even a conflict with China in 1689. And by the end of the century, Russia had already colonized Alaska

5. Hickman888

Hickman888 Chieftain

It also looks like there aren't any independent cities in Mongolia. I think at least a couple of independent cities should be placed there, as that land is fairly productive, and should be fought over instead of easily settled.

6. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

I think for 1700 AD, also have preplaced Surgut, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Yakutsk, and Okhotsk. Yekaterinburg was not founded until 1723 so maybe we can remove it and give a Settler instead.

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

:D Not to mention size 8 fully loaded St. Petersburg (founded 1703) with University and Custom House.

In all fairness, though, Efim, even your map shows Russian presence as Ostrogs -- which can be represented by Forts in Civilization. Cities represent major population centers.

Rodnok, 1SDAN, h0spitall3rz and 3 others like this.
  8. hnrysml

hnrysml Warlord

I agree with Tigranes. Maybe some locations could be represented in the 1700 scenario with a city, such as Yakutsk, which was already important to Russia by then, and some with forts, such as Ohotsk and Irkutsk, which in 1700 were pretty much just forts. Some of the settlements received town status and/or voivodeship despite having only a few structures, and so may be depicted on maps as towns despite having been just a few buildings around 1700

Crimean Lord and h0spitall3rz like this.
  9. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

Maybe we can incorporate the fort cultural borders thing mod that I think exists somewhere here in the forums, since Russia especially would benefit from this. This will allow Russia to reduce its focus on creating settlers just to accomplish UHV1, while still giving it the opportunity to expand its borders at the historical pace. We should also give more cost and benefits to forts, like 1 gold maintenance but produces culture per turn the way a city does.