1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia: A State of Extreme Paranoia?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by amadeus, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Nazbols are very old. They have intellectual roots with the strasserists.

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Yep, that's the former Chess Champion himself - he no longer plays chess now, he engages in politics instead.

Of course, he does not share Limonov's views. However, he believes that to combat the goverment of Putin, allying with anyone is acceptable - that's why they are in the same coalition. Besides, Limonov is becoming a bit (only a small bit) more moderate these days - but he is still Bolshevik Nationalist, mind you.

The only thing that can make me feel a bit of sympathy to that strange coalition is the way our goverment treats them.

3. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Just a passenger

Exactly. The US says the Cold War is over but its acted otherwise. The truth is, they still treat Russia and China as enemies. The missile system will do nothing but start a new arms race between the US and Russia and China.

I hear he's in politics now, so yes, that's him, I think.

Edit: crosspost

4. Gelion

Gelion Captain

The Russians are coming!!!

Indeed my greatest fear is of one nut who may think he is pure enough to rid the Earth of all infidels

5. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Jesus Christ, at least find some info about HOW is this system supposed to work. Then you'll stop making stupid comments like this.

BTW, do you have a globe? Look at it, find the shortest possible route from North Korea to the US and from Iran to Europe or America. Then you'll see WHY the bases need to be where they are.

6. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Yeah thats him, I've followed hims since he first started putting editorials in the New York Times, I can't believe the credibility he's given in the western media given how bizzare some of his ideas are. For example, he's seriously claimed that Russia is equal to North Korea in terms of Government repression, and advocated that America should cut off diplomatic relations with all undemocratic nations (that'll show them!).

7. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Excellent. I agree with this part too, and it nicely disproves you claim that the article was racist :p

8. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

I never said that, said taking his criticisms, ignoring his specific warning that this is a temporary state created by a system of government, and using it to label all Russians regardless of political change is racist.

9. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Note: if I ignore your posts, it means (a) they're not worth a comment; (b) I don't have a time to answer; (c) I have already adressed your points; (d) I missed them.

10. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

He said that Marxism-Leninism took hold in Russia because of the mentality of the Russian rulers.

Sometimes I wonder if we're reading the same articles.

11. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

I don't know what you're trying to say, but what I said is true.

Take a globe, look at it, find a string or something like that and use it to find the shortest possible route from NK to the US.

The 2D maps are tricky, what's the shortest way on a globe isn't the shortest way on 2D map.

You'll realize, that the bases are located in the right places.

12. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

He also said:

13. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

To bad its a moot point as NK missiles can't reach the U.S.

14. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Not yet, but it is making progress. TD2's are (maybe) capable of reaching Alaska and I doubt they're satisfied with that.

15. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

I doubt they have the potential to change that. So far they've demonstrated that they can build a failed nuclear weapon and launch a failed missile. They haven't even demonstrated the ability to do both.

16. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Thats what I am trying to say.

17. King Alexander

King Alexander Universe explorer

Russia knows what's happening and it isn't paranoid.
    I agree.

18. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

On the other hand, they demonstrated that they're able to maintain large missile and nuclear programme. They've developed variety of short and medium range missiles and they managed to build a nuclear device.

They are most likely going to continue in these activites and it is perfectly possible they will develop a working ICBM capable of delivering nuclear warhead to the US. Better to be prepared for this.

The same applies to Iran.

19. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Agree with what?

Any sane person knows this US ABM system can't threaten Russia, not even a bit.

20. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

And it is only a pure speculation.