Russia First Look [Peter]

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Cossack replace cavalry. It can move after attacking and have 67 strength instead of 62.

UA: 8 extra tiles for each new city and thundra give +1 faith and +1 production.

LUA: Get extra culture/science from trade routes with civs who have more civic/techs.

Lavra (replace holy site): Each time a great person is used in the city, that city get an extra tile free of charge.

Last edited:
standard "I'm at work, what are the abilities and uniques?" question

The same as was described in unofficial thread.
Indeed.
Copy-pasta from the thread (where it was copied from Reddit):
"Leader - Peter the Great.

Ability: Grand Embassy. Gives science and culture from trade routes to the civilizations more advanced than Russia (+1 science for every three technologies that are not open in Russia; +1 culture point for every three social institutions that are not open in Russia)

Unique Ability: Mother Russia.Gives additional territory when the city was founded. +1 faith, +1 production in the tundra.

The unique unit - the Cossacks. Replaces the cavalry. +5 Combat power when fighting on its territory, and next to it.

The unique district. Lavra. Or Laura. It replaces the religious district. The city grow by one tile each time the great person used in this city."

Just like the leak except the Cossacks can move after attacking.

Well, the Russian source with that info they gleaned from the "source code" was basically right. Seems like changes were made to Russia after that, but only slight ones (specifically with the Cossack).

Does this mean Persia is more likely to be in as a result as well?!?

UA: Mother Russia...extra territory when cities are founded, extra faith/production from Tundra
LUA: Grand Embassy...receive science and culture from trade routes to more advanced civs
UU: Cossack...+10 strength over cavalry (which it replaces) and can move after attacking
UD: Lavre (Holy Site replacement)...when you use a GP at this city you add a tile to the city's culture border

Loving the UA from Russia. The other bonusses are kinda usefull but bit, meh.

As i love to play for culture. I`m not sure if i would like my playstyle in combination with free tyles. I`ll reach the city max a bit to fast. Could be strong. not sure.

The extra territory and extra faith and production from tundra is really nice. The unique district looks rubbish though. 1 extra tile when using a GP in that city? Really? That seems really weak.

Hm, so the leak was somehow vaild, they changed a little bit. Tundra still not that powerfull, but it is like coasttile a good option to limit your city growth. Cossacks are stronger in general and can move after attack from the start, but wasnt there a promotion for light cavalry which did the same?
So trade routes give always the bonus, better then that limitation. Good to couple with the trader union civic or what it was called which does the exact same.
And Holy Site special district, hm, so you should be quite save to get your religion and yeah, great person for an extra tile, it is somehow usefull regarding all those lets plays where money is somehow always a problem.

The strongest part of Russia obviously is the bigger space all new found cities get. Regarding all those lets plays the first settler wave for everyone is leading to a fight for the fresh water places on rivers/lakes/oasis. More tile grabbed will probably deny other's landgrabbing. But Im still somehow not that hyped about Russia ...

So Percia will come in the near future after the release ...

I was honestly hoping those bonuses would be just rumored. I think this is the weakest of the Civs. Why would I want a bonus that only helps me when I'm losing (and by seemingly paltry amounts)? Turning Tundra into plains is... okay, but plains is generally considered weaker than grassland in most recent Civ titles. Starting with extra tiles is nice, but I can't imagine the district bonus is going to be extremely relevant. Cossacks are solid units but not solid enough to carry. Gets a resounding "meh" from me.

You know that a tile can cost over 100 gold to purchase and UD is half priced and do not use up a district slot.

Everything Russia gets is strong, this is civilization VI not V.

Pretty cool leader screen. Now to wait for the dev post so I can actually understand how this civ works

The extra territory and extra faith and production from tundra is really nice. The unique district looks rubbish though. 1 extra tile when using a GP in that city? Really? That seems really weak.
They must think the UA is really really good then.

UA is very cool, but I still think LUA is mediocre and UI terrible.

Seriously, one tile per great person means what, ten more tiles per game?

The strength of the unique district is that it requires 50% less production and doesn't count towards the district limit, as each unique district. So Russia will be one of the first to find a religion.

We see 2 new cities founded, both get 8 additional tiles, that's a hell of a lot. How many do the Shoshone get again?

And the tool tips for trade don't say exactly how the extra science and culture are calculated, but seem very small as expected. Looks like the extra territory is the only really strong ability here.

Peter looks awesome, though!

Top Bottom