1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia First Look [Peter]

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 5, 2016.

1. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

2. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Cossack replace cavalry. It can move after attacking and have 67 strength instead of 62.

UA: 8 extra tiles for each new city and thundra give +1 faith and +1 production.

LUA: Get extra culture/science from trade routes with civs who have more civic/techs.

Lavra (replace holy site): Each time a great person is used in the city, that city get an extra tile free of charge.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

standard "I'm at work, what are the abilities and uniques?" question

4. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Warlord

The same as was described in unofficial thread.

5. anandus

anandus Errorist

Indeed.
    Copy-pasta from the thread (where it was copied from Reddit):

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Just like the leak except the Cossacks can move after attacking.

7. fmm

fmm Chieftain

Well, the Russian source with that info they gleaned from the "source code" was basically right. Seems like changes were made to Russia after that, but only slight ones (specifically with the Cossack).

Does this mean Persia is more likely to be in as a result as well?!?

8. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Cossack have base strength of 67.

9. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

UA: Mother Russia...extra territory when cities are founded, extra faith/production from Tundra
    LUA: Grand Embassy...receive science and culture from trade routes to more advanced civs
    UU: Cossack...+10 strength over cavalry (which it replaces) and can move after attacking
    UD: Lavre (Holy Site replacement)...when you use a GP at this city you add a tile to the city's culture border

10. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Loving the UA from Russia. The other bonusses are kinda usefull but bit, meh.

As i love to play for culture. I`m not sure if i would like my playstyle in combination with free tyles. I`ll reach the city max a bit to fast. Could be strong. not sure.

11. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

The extra territory and extra faith and production from tundra is really nice. The unique district looks rubbish though. 1 extra tile when using a GP in that city? Really? That seems really weak.

12. Paramecium

Paramecium Chieftain

Hm, so the leak was somehow vaild, they changed a little bit. Tundra still not that powerfull, but it is like coasttile a good option to limit your city growth. Cossacks are stronger in general and can move after attack from the start, but wasnt there a promotion for light cavalry which did the same?
    So trade routes give always the bonus, better then that limitation. Good to couple with the trader union civic or what it was called which does the exact same.
    And Holy Site special district, hm, so you should be quite save to get your religion and yeah, great person for an extra tile, it is somehow usefull regarding all those lets plays where money is somehow always a problem.

The strongest part of Russia obviously is the bigger space all new found cities get. Regarding all those lets plays the first settler wave for everyone is leading to a fight for the fresh water places on rivers/lakes/oasis. More tile grabbed will probably deny other's landgrabbing. But Im still somehow not that hyped about Russia ...

So Percia will come in the near future after the release ...

13. Magil

Magil Monarch

I was honestly hoping those bonuses would be just rumored. I think this is the weakest of the Civs. Why would I want a bonus that only helps me when I'm losing (and by seemingly paltry amounts)? Turning Tundra into plains is... okay, but plains is generally considered weaker than grassland in most recent Civ titles. Starting with extra tiles is nice, but I can't imagine the district bonus is going to be extremely relevant. Cossacks are solid units but not solid enough to carry. Gets a resounding "meh" from me.

14. Denkt

Denkt Reader

You know that a tile can cost over 100 gold to purchase and UD is half priced and do not use up a district slot.

Everything Russia gets is strong, this is civilization VI not V.

15. MACKA0ili

MACKA0ili Chieftain

Pretty cool leader screen. Now to wait for the dev post so I can actually understand how this civ works

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

They must think the UA is really really good then.

17. pholtz

pholtz Chieftain

So that's 18 civ's + Aztecs. Done with those. Only Gorgo remaining.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  18. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

UA is very cool, but I still think LUA is mediocre and UI terrible.

Seriously, one tile per great person means what, ten more tiles per game?

19. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

The strength of the unique district is that it requires 50% less production and doesn't count towards the district limit, as each unique district. So Russia will be one of the first to find a religion.

20. ahte

ahte Chieftain

We see 2 new cities founded, both get 8 additional tiles, that's a hell of a lot. How many do the Shoshone get again?

And the tool tips for trade don't say exactly how the extra science and culture are calculated, but seem very small as expected. Looks like the extra territory is the only really strong ability here.

Peter looks awesome, though!