1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia Game

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by pippo84, Sep 14, 2018.

1. pippo84

pippo84 Chieftain

Hi, I have some trouble with the 3rd UHV (the communist brothers)

My problem is not to have friendly vassals or civs (i've 5 vassals - germany, austria, holland, spain and arabia; 2 ongoing wars to Japan and Otoman empire, and Friendly relationship with GB and Portugal).

My prblem is to make them communist because of they lack the researches and I've no option to trade them.
    both with vassals and with other civs. Te only 2 i "changed" into communist are GB through spy and Germany beacuse of my vassal.

Where do I do wrong?

2. Orbii

Orbii Chieftain

The reason you probably can't gift the necessary technologies to your soon-to-be Communist brothers is because you traded for a pre-requisite tech to Communism at some point. While it is difficult to fully control, try to research all of the necessary techs for Communism yourself so that you can easily gift all of the techs to your friends. At the very least, control the techs you trade for in the Industrial Era onwards, as these tend to be the limiting techs for your brothers to get to Communism. This is much easier to do in a 600AD start, where you can start snowballing your tech engine much sooner than 1700AD, thereby reducing your dependence on tech trades.

Please note I can't remember the exact tech which enables Central Planning anymore (I believe it is Macroeconomics), but that is what I am referring to by "tech to Communism".

Also note that it is only techs that are acquired in the diplomacy screen which can not be subsequently gifted to other civs due to the tech brokering rule. If you get a tech by Espionage, there is no similar prohibition, so this is a viable option alongside your domestic science engine.

3. pippo84

pippo84 Chieftain

I try to understand :)

Tell me if I'm right:

1st : the ONLY tech needed is MACROECONOMICS to change into CENTRAL PLANNING to be COMMUNIST ?
    (I thought it was a combination of State Party, Totalitarism and CP)

2nd I've to start trade technologies a long before I reach to "Communism", because if not, i'm unable to trade all the techs needed?!?

3rd I Started in 600 AD and my research tree is a lot over the IA researches. I've good-friendly reletuionship with 6 civs so far.
    The point is: i can't trade researches with some of my vassals (as Austria: i vassalized it in 1840 and from that year on I'm blocked with tech trade; in 1945 it's still monarch because my tach exchange with Austria it's empty).... Is this due to some mechaninchs I don't understand?

4. pippo84

pippo84 Chieftain

PS. I gifted the research needed to start CP to Germany and GreatBritain...
    But as stated before, i cant gift to the other civs (Netherland, Austria, Arabia, Spain)...

5. pippo84

pippo84 Chieftain

upload_2018-9-15_10-51-56.png

Crimean Lord likes this.