Russia Gate

MSNBC hired former head of the CIA John Brennan and CNN hired former DNI Clapper - these guys didn't get jobs to enlighten us with truth.

I'm pretty sure NYT lets the NSA have carte blanche with their stories prior to publishing as well, went searching for source to back this up but couldn't find it because 'NYT' and 'NSA' search strings bring up two decades of unrelated articles. But it's basically an open secret if it's a secret at all.

There is nothing extraordinary in the fact that Ukrainian general prosecutor was corrupt. It's more like a norm there.
It was never the reason to fire him, though.

Ukraine, Belarussia, Russia are known for government corruption, its a uphill battle thats is for sure

"We volunteer to destroy the snowden leaks we hold rather than public any more from it" wasn't hint enough?And having a formalized censorship relation with a spy agency is just fine and dandy for a newspaper?

They sold out. And it started, literally, with the Guardian selling out and becoming an investment fund, with its board controlled not by journalists but by financiers and their approved executives with media experience (not journalists).

can you go a little more in-depth about this? highly curious since I read the Guardian but found the whole Greenwald thing incredibly sceptical.

can you go a little more in-depth about this? highly curious since I read the Guardian but found the whole Greenwald thing incredibly sceptical.

If you search my posts mentioning The Guardian you'll find some details. Essentially they were a non-profit run by journalists, that made money from a series of publications not just the newspaper. But at the turn of the century they sold those, treated the proceeds as an investment fund and bough in bankers com the City to manage it. This is essentially the holding company (even if formally it remains a foundation) that now appoints the editors, those people make up the board that controls the whole group.

umm...can Glenn's critics tell us where he got Russia Gate wrong?

wow

His inner Joe McCarthy is speaking

Lol They aren't communists anymore. They are thieves and mobsters. If you stand in defense of the Russian government you stand in defense of the mob.

McCarthyism refers to the tactic of smearing people with guilt by association, plenty of its victims weren't communists. Now why is Greenwald falling down the KGB rabbit hole (the KGB were communists)?

"We volunteer to destroy the snowden leaks we hold rather than public any more from it" wasn't hint enough?And having a formalized censorship relation with a spy agency is just fine and dandy for a newspaper?

Someone went down the rabbit hole all right.

They sold out. And it started, literally, with the Guardian selling out and becoming an investment fund, with its board controlled not by journalists but by financiers and their approved executives with media experience (not journalists).

I gave up on the Guardian after Rusbridger "had to(?)" destroy hard drives containing Snowden material.

After Rusbridger left, they started publishing unsubstantiated claptrap from the likes of Luke Harding. He claimed that there were tens of thousands of tanks massed on the Ukraine border and that he had witnessed a huge fire fight between Russian and Ukrainian troops. When the BBC sent a journalist and camera team (who spoke Russian and Ukrainian) to the same village they found one bullet hole that locals said was several years old.
I don't know what prompted The Guardian to publish his garbage when none of the articles had corroborating photos or interviews with actual locals in the areas he claimed to have visited.

Their treatment of Corbyn was appalling. Polly Toynbee led the charge against him with pathetic commentaries on his appearance and the fact that he didn't bend a knee to the queen. That style of article continued for
almost two weeks.

I now think of them as a media outlet that thinks it is necessary to have videos accompanying articles like "How to wear a pair of sandals". :cringe:

Why Trump’s Fight With Obama Might Backfire

"For the past few weeks, President Trump has been picking a peculiar fight with his predecessor. The specifics of “Obamagate” are messy and hard to follow, but at its core, Trump alleges that former President Barack Obama was part of a deep-state effort to frame him for colluding with Russia to win the 2016 election.

Only there isn’t any evidence to support these claims."

We had a 2 year investigation into Trump's collusion with Russian interference in our election for which stolen emails published by Wikileaks was the justification for spying on Trump and Mueller's team never interviewed the guy who ran Wikileaks? The FBI knew back in Jan '17 the Steele Dossier was unreliable but continued using it while the guy who ran Crowdstrike admitted they had no proof Russia stole the emails.

The Dems got caught rigging their own primaries and framed Russia for the 'crime' of exposing what they did so they could distract us and accuse Trump of being a Russian puppet. I'd love to see their Machiavellian score on the Darkness test, a sermon about lesser evils from these people was sure to follow and they did not disappoint.

If "Russia-gate" was a plot cooked up by the Democratic Party, why did they wait until after they lost the election to activate it? Surely "Donald Trump is a Russian asset, also pee tape" is a story you want running before the election.

If "Russia-gate" was a plot cooked up by the Democratic Party, why did they wait until after they lost the election to activate it? Surely "Donald Trump is a Russian asset, also pee tape" is a story you want running before the election.
it was running before the election... they only went full on Stassi when they refused to accept the election results

it was running before the election... they only went full on Stassi when they refused to accept the election results
So, in your view, the Democratic Party decided to sit on allegations that Donald Trump was a Russian asset and pee-tapes in a close election because.....?????

At least Peter Wright had the decency to make the Spycatcher allegations make sense.

Why Trump’s Fight With Obama Might Backfire

"For the past few weeks, President Trump has been picking a peculiar fight with his predecessor. The specifics of “Obamagate” are messy and hard to follow, but at its core, Trump alleges that former President Barack Obama was part of a deep-state effort to frame him for colluding with Russia to win the 2016 election.

Only there isn’t any evidence to support these claims."

Was Obama unaware his FBI was spying on Trump or did he know and sign off on it? As for Obama's popularity, Russia Gate wont help. If the Dems win this November they can bury the investigation in 2021, but if Trump wins we'll get more time to learn about Obama's involvement. Not that anything will happen, incoming administrations typically ignore their predecessor's crimes.

It was activated before the election, presumably when the Dems found out their embarrassing emails were stolen. I dont think its a coincidence Steele was hired at the same time, so while the Clinton campaign had red baited Stein and Sanders earlier, the brain trust saw an opportunity to frame Trump and Russia to distract from their election rigging.

The dossier was leaked to both media and the FBI and the Trump campaign was spied on before the election. The reason it failed is they didn't have anything on Trump. The media was reluctant to stick their neck out but I believe Mother Jones was publishing information from the dossier before the election. The Dems, media and DoJ thought Clinton was going to win, so 'the resistance' didn't get seriously motivated until after she lost.

So, in your view, the Democratic Party decided to sit on allegations that Donald Trump was a Russian asset and pee-tapes in a close election because.....?????

They weren't sitting on the allegation, Clinton called him Putin's puppet during a debate when in reality she had far more profitable contact with Putin.

There were allegations before elections, at least about DNC hacking. Why they didn't act upon that, is an interesting question.
Seems like they knew they won't be able to prove anything.

There were allegations before elections, at least about DNC hacking. Why they didn't act upon that, is an interesting question.
Seems like they knew they won't be able to prove anything.
Attribution in cyberwarfare and hacking is almost always impossible. If I remember right, some of the code and hacking styles is associated with Eastern European, assumed to be Russian, hackers; but beyond that one can't be any more specific. If US security services are able to positively ID the parties responsible, I doubt they would release that as it would let other security services and interested parties know how much we know.

As far as the hacking allegations go, Obama did want to take stronger action, but he wanted Republican buy-in so the action wouldn't appear partisan. McConnell refused buy-in so no strong action from Obama.

If I remember right, some of the code and hacking styles is associated with Eastern European, assumed to be Russian, hackers; but beyond that one can't be any more specific. If US security services are able to positively ID the parties responsible, I doubt they would release that as it would let other security services and interested parties know how much we know.

Some of Abel's proofs are associated with "skandinavian" style of mathematics. Are "hack styles" a national/cultural item? Isn't any hacking tactic open to learn and use regardless if you live in the US or anywhere else?

Top Bottom