[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine--Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
what succeeded in WW ll was not Schlieffen but the feint itself to enable a limited version of the same . A funny r16 thesis or whatever that is "weak" only in explaining why the feint had the strongest concentration of armoured power . Will make jaws drop , the explanation . And of course , the various operations to capture Goverments by Germans also failed . Of the links warning against success , ı can't comment much on the second but the first has contributed a lot to the debacle . Retired generals tend to make a lot of "noise" in various countries but this one somehow suggested a war with Ukraine would serve Turkish interests alone , including the invasion of Crimea . Worked only as a trolling to bid Russians attack ... into the ambush . Their fighter radars are "working" against the drones , would have done better in a concentrated thing . Instead of the everyone to everywhere kind of thing that mostly aimed to prove the mastery of the "political" class over like a certain bunch of weirdos . Which killed or dispersed the Russian potential and whatnot . The resulting smugness in the West is why similar weirdos in the West are mightily trying to end it now , instead of the possibility of this political class to accept the "military art and science" before they end up as Western puppets before an intra/inter Russian war .

in the unlikely case one suspects wisdom in this , the poster just woke up from a dream in which he met with two high school classmates , both unseen for about 30 or so years , into investigating a space vampire alien from Mars that disintegrates people with one touch , ending up running from the thing , thinking this was a movie ı was moving from the inside , VR style . Otherwise ı would fight , lightsabers do wonders in such situations . Uh , post #8888 , too .

I dunno. Assuming neither Moscow nor Washginton is moronic enough to kill everyone, always a possibility, then if you want to get meta the tanks and the stingers are losing. Carbs are winning, and geopolitically, carbs are the PRC's win this year. What are the stockpiles? If you want lightsabers. The force is life, lightsabers the affectation.

ruining my beautiful post number but if that's carbonhydrates , yes ı just read China has stopped exporting fertilizers . In addition to Russia's stop of the same this probably means a wheat crisis this summer , except New Turkey's only agriculture policy has been destroying agriculture in the country . For rainy days , you know , to make an American invasion to be visibly unnecessary . There is a lot of unbelief in Russia to grasp that they can not let Adolf's lot to win , so yes , you would see the world can survive without the American corn . ı hear China has been hoarding for 3 years now .

China has around half the world's reserves.

India's banned exports as well. Other countries have banned exports of certain things like palm oil.

Not gonna hungry here either. Even in WW2 we had absurd amount of rations relative to most of the world.

If you think the Eu has a surplus of grain or electricity production, I've got another thing coming your way :)

Iirc that quote by Bismark went like "One week without coffee with milk will break the parisians". It didn't, in one week, but the conclusion wasn't exactly in their favor either.

Last edited:
They can afford to import.

Sure. But with the main grain exporters not into play now (Russia, Ukraine, China) it is not looking good at all. And I do recall reading that the prospect of food shortages in Europe is very real if the war continues for months.

Even ancient Athens imported its grain from Crimea, in the time of that famous war with Sparta.

ruining my beautiful post number but if that's carbonhydrates , yes ı just read China has stopped exporting fertilizers . In addition to Russia's stop of the same this probably means a wheat crisis this summer , except New Turkey's only agriculture policy has been destroying agriculture in the country . For rainy days , you know , to make an American invasion to be visibly unnecessary . There is a lot of unbelief in Russia to grasp that they can not let Adolf's lot to win , so yes , you would see the world can survive without the American corn . ı hear China has been hoarding for 3 years now .

It's ok, no one is going to miss grain in the Eu. Nor electricity.

I'd watch the weather.

And I do recall reading that the prospect of food shortages in Europe is very real if the war continues for months.

Just follow when the planting season is over in Ukraine or when it falls under the grasp of Putler. It's got a determinable date which will be crossed.

Last edited:
talking grain is Russian .

from now on talking Global Warming is also Russian .

crosspost thing with post no 574 .

Sure. But with the main grain exporters not into play now (Russia, Ukraine, China) it is not looking good at all. And I do recall reading that the prospect of food shortages in Europe is very real if the war continues for months.

Most of the vegetable carbs and proteins the EU imports go to herbivores that we humans eat.
A little bit less meat consumption will even save more than enough health care cost to pay for some more support of the lowest income groups (with for example lower tax on energy etc).

Here a link to the year of health in Denmark during WW1 where Germany did cut Denmark from food imports.
https://wholegrainscouncil.org/blog/2021/03/here’s-what-happened-when-one-european-nation-drastically-increased-whole-grains

It should be fun, but the game is for economies that don't each much meat relatively already.

Last edited:

Even ancient Athens imported its grain from Crimea, in the time of that famous war with Sparta.

China isn't 1 of the top 5 grain exporters. Canada, France and the US are.

https://www.worldstopexports.com/wheat-exports-country/

Most of the vegetable carbs and proteins the EU imports go to herbivores that we humans eat.
A little bit less meat consumption will save more than enough health care cost to pay for some more support of the lowest income groups (with for example lower tax on energy etc).

Here a link to the year of health in Denmark during WW1 where Germany did cut Denmark from food imports.
https://wholegrainscouncil.org/blog/2021/03/here’s-what-happened-when-one-european-nation-drastically-increased-whole-grains

I don't think it is very realistic to see this as a chance for a more healthy lifestyle.
What worries me (apart from the general economic downturn, which in some places will make worse the existing one) particularly is that the public was never informed about the very likely results of this prelude to a world war. Do you think that most people are ok with losing (not just a couple of years, with covid etc) any prospect at a regular life, over another country?
If you answer yes, it is noble, but not realistic. I hope I can emigrate since I am fed up with the general misery and now war looming.

China isn't 1 of the top 5 grain exporters. Canada, France and the US are.

https://www.worldstopexports.com/wheat-exports-country/

From a quick googling, it seems that China is producing 1/4 of the world's grain. That it imports (in most years) even more, shouldn't calm you either :)

upload_2022-5-15_9-53-9.png

Basically we all need to eat less meat anyway.

Think I had vegetarian for dinner and breakfast.

I don't care if my lifestyle takes a hit over Ukraine. There's a right and a wrong and compared to marching off on troopships to face ze Germans and not see your family for 4-5 years this is nothing.

Hopefully not a human one ^_^ (also known to happen during famines, including that one in Ukraine)

Na had oats for breakfast and some hipster pattie in a burger for dinner.

Wife wanted to try them it was like a sweet falafel. Even in the war years they didn't ration butter until 42 and even then it was something like 1 pound per person per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom