[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine--Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most countries opinion building goes much faster than governments can take the lead.
That certainly happened with this invasion in Ukraine.
Remember that row of the Ukrainian ambassador of Germany with the German Minister of Finance Lidner ?
Some governments so up into their internal framework of thinking that they missed the weather change outdoor.
Here:

Where government and public opinion were alligned fast actions in word and deed were taken and other western governments joined at various paces of speed.

Public opinion in Germany apparently also includes spray-painting "Z" on the walls of the buildings hosting the ukrainian refugees there. Although that can always be more of a german thing :)

Public opinion in Germany apparently also includes spray-painting "Z" on the walls of the buildings hosting the ukrainian refugees there. Although that can always be more of a german thing :)

People gonna be stupid in these types of things.

I think here one shop got spray painted on the window that sold Russian product.

Ze Germans in WW1 got bricks through the windows. Progress.

For that kind of actions of "the public opinion" 0.000002% of the German population suffices.

That is then assuming that it was someone of the "German" population.

I have to ask, when you say decent what do you mean? For example, if you try just the burger, does it actually taste like meat? Nowhere I have had one does it taste of anything but cardboard.

Do hope you recover from long Covid soon.

Trying to work out who the UK should invade to free ourselves of McLibel.

I tried McDonalds in USA and it was really crap.

Could have told you that and saved you from that trash.
I use to love eating at Maccas when I was a kid though.

Agents of evil Putin. Like you and r16 :)

ρ16 is probably (as he calls it) an "oligark". Maybe not when he compares himself to larger oligarks :o
I, sadly, have daily expenses to worry about, despite being born into 'oligarky'.
This war, for me, has very real implications, including very crucial loss of income as well as loss of prospective income. Sadly I was unlucky enough to see a deal cancelled literally days before it would be accepted, entirely due to the war (the business no longer could aspire to pay the cost).

I know, not noble. Sometimes one has to look into his own survival.

Last edited:
tens of thousands of dead people , so it would be equally pointless to create an impression of some pyramid with Moscow at the top . Which is the exact thing America wants destroyed , like just for business . And Ukranians , slaves no more after 450 years . You will just cause another 10 000 Russian deaths .

as for the oligark business , no , am not in Wall Street top 100 or whatever .

This war, for me, has very real implications, including very crucial loss of income as well as loss of prospective income. Sadly I was unlucky enough to see a deal cancelled literally days before it would be accepted, entirely due to the war (the business no longer could aspire to pay the cost).
Sorry about that :undecide:
Strangely enough it almost didn't affect me in material sense so far. If I wasn't reading the news the only thing I would notice is closing McDuck and few other stores which I don't use.
The prices went up a little, but the same happened last year.

Source ?

I have to ask, when you say decent what do you mean? For example, if you try just the burger, does it actually taste like meat? Nowhere I have had one does it taste of anything but cardboard.

Something with the British recipe for McDonald's is... wrong. They're leaving something out that I expect. Cardboard is about right. That said, I wouldn't go to McDonald's in the states for a burger. A salad or a coffee, sure. Maybe a shamrock shake, seasonally.

FS0giw-WYAIYnjk.jpg

It was a storm... :mischief:

The pile of tanks at the bank looks like they tried to retire in panic after crossing the river. I think they didnt like the Ukranian welcome but the pontoons were not there anymore.

Sorry about that :undecide:
Strangely enough it almost didn't affect me in material sense so far. If I wasn't reading the news the only thing I would notice is closing McDuck and few other stores which I don't use.
The prices went up a little, but the same happened last year.
Oh so you didn't notice price of Petroleum eh? I suppose you don't own a car?

I doubt that Russia saw oil price increase. They are the provider of petroleum, on the contrary they might see a decrease due to extra stocks.

The nice thing about drones/satellites is that is next to impossible now to hide one's defeats from prying eyes. The scale of the failed river crossing is spectacular. I wonder if Putin has seen the pictures.

..."Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay’d?
Not tho’ the soldier knew
Some one had blunder’d:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley’d and thunder’d;
Storm’d at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

So now we know what Pierre Bosquet meant by "It's magnificent, but it's not war." It was special military operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom