• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Putin arrives in Vietnam for state visit.

After visiting Pyongyang and signing "strategic partnership treaty" with DPRK.
UN sanctions against North Korea are off the table now. Iran too, I suppose.

Last edited:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

Meanwhile eradication of Ukrainian culture is still perpetrated by Russians in occupied territories.

Russian authorities are suppressing the Ukrainian language and curriculum, imposing the Russian curriculum, anti-Ukrainian propaganda, and Russian as the language of instruction in schools in areas of Ukraine that Russia is occupying, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today. These measures violate the laws of armed conflict, which prohibit an occupying power from making unnecessary changes to laws in the occupied territory, as well as international human rights standards on the right to education.

Ukrainian children under occupation also receive military training as part of the school curriculum. The United Nations Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine reported that Russian authorities require secondary schools in occupied Ukrainian territory to share the names of students ages 18 and older, whom the Russian authorities deem eligible to be drafted into the Russian armed forces.

Occupying authorities also used coercion, detention, ill-treatment, and torture to pressure Ukrainian teachers to work with them or to hand over students’ files and other school data. The report documents the week-long detention, in dire conditions, of a school principal from Borivske village in Kharkivska region, whom security officers beat repeatedly for refusing to hand over information about his school.

Any criticism of the invasion in schools is subject to retaliation by occupying authorities. Russian proxies in occupied Melitopol punished a student who spoke Ukrainian in school by driving him dozens of kilometers with a bag over his head to a remote area and abandoning him to walk back home alone

Another day another war crime. Who is counting now?

Moderator Action: Trolling removed. Please get back to news and stop the trolling. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

Meanwhile eradication of Ukrainian culture is still perpetrated by Russians in occupied territories.

“Russian authorities should ensure that education in occupied territories of Ukraine follows Ukrainian curricula and Ukrainian law,”

These demands from HRW are out of touch with reality, frankly speaking.
Expecting Russia to impose Ukrainian curricula and laws on predominantly Russian-speaking population of Donbass and Crimea is not only impractical, it would also cause protests from the locals.

Recent video from Mariupol:

impose Ukrainian curricula and laws on predominantly Russian-speaking population of Donbass and Crimea
Bollocks. The only problem the remaining Russian- and Ukrainian-speaking population of Donbass, Crimea, Kherson, Zaporizhia and recently Kharkiv face is Russia violently imposing itself upon them against their will.

How did Ukraine manage to do it before? Or did they?
Before 2014 it was much less of a problem. Russian language even had official status in the region back then, it was revoked only after their "revolution of dignity". Separatist movement existed in Crimea since 1990-s, but not much outside of it.

Another master strategist move.

At the United Nations in New York, South Korean Foreign Minister Cho Tae-yul called it “deplorable” that Russia would act in violation of multiple U.N. sanctions resolutions against North Korea that Moscow voted for.

Yoon’s national security adviser, Chang Ho-jin, said Seoul would reconsider the issue of providing arms to Ukraine to help the country fight off Russia’s invasion.

South Korea, a growing arms exporter with a well-equipped military backed by the United States, has provided humanitarian aid and other support to Ukraine while joining U.S.-led economic sanctions against Moscow. But it has not directly provided arms to Kyiv, citing a longstanding policy of not supplying weapons to countries actively engaged in conflict.

If that happens, I suppose North Korea scientists and engineers may get sudden major R&D breakthroughs too.

If that happens, I suppose North Korea scientists and engineers may get sudden major R&D breakthroughs too.

everyone assume it's already the case.

If it's not followed by actions in South Korea, I suppose that would mean they've been able to provide SK assurance they've just traded petrol for shells with NK.

I don't think there are doubts for Iran.

Russia empties its prisons to find new soldiers to die.
NK empties its armories of old, outdated and unreliable artillery shells to gain new nuclear weapons secrets from Putin.

Only in your echo-chamber.
that's the reason I'm still active on CFC these days, this very thread, a small space on the internet that is not an echo-chamber (relatively speaking), and one I'm familiar with.

if you follow reddit, you'll find pro-Ukrainian sub-forum downvoting any video of Ukrainian losses, and pro-Russian sub-forum doing the opposite.

It's worst in France, either you'll follow pro-Ukrainian echo-chamber as you said, or you'll have to dive in the mad world of conspiracists antivaxxer pro-Russian useful idiots. Well some are not all at once, but sadly most are, and there is no hope to have a serious discussion with any of them.

Here I can post something and get opposite views, including from people that are not pro-Russians, with arguments...

In Russia much more common view is that SK already sending weapons to Ukraine, without any apparent and meaningful response from us.

.. or just opinions. Honestly I prefer the former, but the point of view by itself is an information, thx.

that's the reason I'm still active on CFC these days, this very thread, a small space on the internet that is not an echo-chamber (relatively speaking), and one I'm familiar with.

if you follow reddit, you'll find pro-Ukrainian sub-forum downvoting any video of Ukrainian losses, and pro-Russian sub-forum doing the opposite.

It's worst in France, either you'll follow pro-Ukrainian echo-chamber as you said, or you'll have to dive in the mad world of conspiracists antivaxxer pro-Russian useful idiots. Well some are not all at once, but sadly most are, and there is no hope to have a serious discussion with any of them.

Here I can post something and get opposite views, including from people that are not pro-Russians, with arguments...

.. or just opinions. Honestly I prefer the former, but the point of view by itself is an information, thx.

I gave pointed out Ukraibes not going to win tge war this year and F16s aren't a game changer on pro Ukraine forums.

Ukraines going to gave to attrition Russia out/wait for political or economic change in Russia proper.

Russia needs a summer breakthrough or Trump to win.

Frzen/mutilated peace is also possible (Ceasefire on current frontline).

Russua loses long term but so can Ukraine.

Conspiracy theorists tend to oppose official media in everything. So, if your TV and newspapers are overwhelmingly pro-Ukrainian they'll understandably tend to be pro-Russian.
It's quite a bit different in ru-net and offline world. You see lots of people who are not freaks or conspiracy theorists and nevertheless support Russian side. As everywhere, some radical supporters of either side, especially in blogs. Most of people I know more or less share my views. There were couple of Ukraine supporters among former co-workers, but they emigrated even before 2022.

Conspiracy theorists tend to oppose official media in everything. So, if your TV and newspapers are overwhelmingly pro-Ukrainian they'll understandably tend to be pro-Russian.
In the US the media is very diverse and one can esily access almost any pov. Conspracy oriented media is everywhere, even in local newpapers. FoxNews is mainstream in the US. The NYT will run stories not helpful to Biden. The US media market is like the wild wet and when you add social media it gets so much worse. The US news world is unlike any other.

U.S. Television Network Ratings Ranking​

Leading global English-language news websites in the United States in December 2023, by monthly visits

Social Media and News Fact Sheet​

And I left out conservative talk radio: All conspiracy, all the time.

Moderator Action: @Birdjaguar let's get back to war news please.

Results of Putin visit to the best Korea: South Korea to send weapons to Ukraine (Well, they already do by selling to Poland, so Poland can transfer it's Soviet junk to Ukraine but this is a new level). Priceless statement by South Korea official: "we will examine the areas that will hurt Russia the most".

Apparently Putin still didn't learn that pissing powerful countries and then threatening them doesn't work. Curious as every movement Putin does leads to more dead Russian soldiers.

Meanwhile in Ukraine a whole Russian armored column is annihilated using FPV drones exclusively. Evidently flimsy Russian tanks and late more powerful Ukrainian FPV drones is a very explosive combo:

This is that "on the cheap" means I guess.

Last edited:
Result of Putin visit to the best Korea: South Korea to send weapons to Ukraine. Priceless statement by South Korea official: "we will examine the areas that will hurt Russia the most".

Apparently Putin still didn't learn that pissing powerful countries and then threatening them doesn't work. Curious as every movement Putin does leads to more dead Russian soldiers.

Meanwhile in Ukraine a whole Russian armored column is annihilated using FPV drones exclusively. Evidently flimsy Russian tanks and late more powerful Ukrainian FPV drones is a very explosive combo:

This is that "on the cheap" means I guess.

There might be a design flaw.

Top Bottom