[RD] Russia invades Ukraine: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm – he clearly came out praising the Russian troops, promising them victory in "their" land, against specifically NATO-backed Nazis – but most of all Putin hammered home that this war was utterly, totally, unavoidably, completely necessary – Russia just HAD to got to war, and did so, so no one is allowed to blub about it, and everyone might have to fight it, one can surmise. He trotted out an impressive line of pure inventions in order to make this argument of course.

Which means this conflict – however the current fighting in Ukraine turns out – is for the long haul. And it is important that Russia loses it.

Russian troops are fighting back on their own lands and Ukraine was preparing to invade Russian historical lands. No dialback on the propaganda (unsurprisingly)

https://www.ft.com/content/5bc49171...3a37?msclkid=89b19a78cf7711ecb91d420eb3cd235a

There's a clear aggressor, so the sides are not on equal footing re responsibility.
Nor did I say they were. I was talking to Zard about his characterisation of Lexicus' posts.

I even said "I'm not saying anyone's stance is therefore right or wrong", and I've been pretty clear on my criticism of Russia's invasion throughout. So, uh, good job on proving Lexi's point?

B..B-but Ukrainian Nazis! ...
Well, now it's a Russian matter of how to "de-Europeanize" itself, since the Big Problem with Ukraine is that it has been "Europeanized", in order to "save" both of them, and the key to successfully "de-Ukranianizing" the Ukranians is their "de-Europeanization" (without the European bit the Ukranians supposedly would realize they're just Russians). But of course: What else comes from Europe? Well, Nazism!

European – Ukranian – Nazi in three simple steps. Simple, really... [we used to have a "sarcasm" smiley didn't we?] :grouphug:

Air display got canceled due to weather apparently.
Apparently the Russian Air Force has lost the capability to fly in sunshine. They flew at last years parade in grey weather. Interestingly, the flyovers in Jekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Samara were also cancelled. Is the Russian Air Force in a much worse shape than we believed?

Can confirm – he clearly came out praising the Russian troops, promising them victory in "their" land, against specifically NATO-backed Nazis – but most of all Putin hammered home that this war was utterly, totally, unavoidably, completely necessary – Russia just HAD to got to war, and did so
Yeah, Putin did ramble about the absolute necessity of invading Ukraine. When Finland & Sweden are expected to announce their new security policy later this week, he will probably have another rant about the evil of NATO and the West.

Apparently the Russian Air Force has lost the capability to fly in sunshine. They flew at last years parade in grey weather. Interestingly, the flyovers in Jekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Samara were also cancelled. Is the Russian Air Force in a much worse shape than we believed?

High turbulence was reported. But still, it's strange that it impacts state of the art jet fighters.
https://twitter.com/Niels_Pluto/status/1523592493480112128

Probably not that bad.

Still wondering if the Ukranian successes at hitting unexpected targets-of-opportunity, and the negative PR fall out, hasn't eaten itself into the Kremlin's thinking here...? Can they be sure the dastardly USAians and NATOists haven't managed to get some stuff in to make Russian planes in a fly-over go "Boom"? Like really sure? Is Russia still really safe for Russia?

Still wondering if the Ukranian successes at hitting unexpected targets-of-opportunity, and the negative PR fall out, hasn't eaten itself into the Kremlin's thinking here...? Can they be sure the dastardly USAians and NATOists haven't managed to get some stuff in to make Russian planes in a fly-over go "Boom"? Like really sure? Is Russia still really safe for Russia?
I noticed 3 people dressed in civilian clothing walking behind Putin with what looked like identical briefcases. Does his nuclear suitcase guy have 2 of his own decoys? Putin's paranoia seems unhinged.

It's a rather long documentary, but it is a priceless insight into darker corners of Russian mindset
It says that the video is unavailable. Can you give me the name of the video, or something, so that I may find it? Seems interesting

During the parade I had the impression, that Putin did walk like the old man he really is. :old: No propaganda was able to correct this. Let´s hope he now gets the wisdom of his age and stops this bloody killing and invading.

It says that the video is unavailable. Can you give me the name of the video, or something, so that I may find it? Seems interesting

You need to click below at "watch on Youtube". The uploader disabled playback on other websites.

You need to click below at "watch on Youtube". The uploader disabled playback on other websites.
I'm pretty sure I didn't boomer this up. I tried that but it just says "video is unavailable"

During the parade I had the impression, that Putin did walk like the old man he really is. :old: No propaganda was able to correct this. Let´s hope he now gets the wisdom of his age and stops this bloody killing and invading.

Wise would be to die gracefully now - no way he can rectify this disaster.

He rolled the dice, needed aces but threw a couple of craps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom