[RD] Russia invades Ukraine: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine the Pravda headline tomorrow: "RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR TO POLAND ATTACKED BY CHEMICAL WEAPONS"

Props to the guy for remaining relatively dignified about it.

Wise would be to die gracefully now - no way he can rectify this disaster.

He rolled the dice, needed aces but threw a couple of craps.

:yup: Yes, he cannot rectify that disaster, but at least he could stop it now (of course this doesn´t mean that he will stop the war now). Many posts ago I showed a possible solution how to end that war. In each case this will become very expensive for Russia and if it is not stopped now, it will become even much more expensive.

Great, wake up to see Nazi propaganda, awesome
What's nazi propaganda in this? This is exactly what happened in Eastern Europe. Every Eastern European capital has a monument to the "liberating" Soviet soldiers. However, do you think these people were happy living under Russian rule?

What's nazi propaganda in this? This is exactly what happened in Eastern Europe. Every Eastern European capital has a monument to the "liberating" Soviet soldiers. However, do you think these people were happy living under Russian rule?
In 1945-46, Stalin even reused some of the Nazi concentration camps in Poland to keep Germans and Poles considered a threat to the Soviet regime, before some would be released, while others could be dispatched to Gulags in Siberia. The people who died in the camps under the control of Stalin's security force, were dumped in the exact same pits where the Nazis had dumped some of their victims. Those that weren't cremated because the camps didn't have enough crematoriums to keep up with the supply of bodies.

He is a tankie.

Nonsense.

In 1945-46, Stalin even reused some of the Nazi concentration camps in Poland to keep Germans and Poles considered a threat to the Soviet regime, before some would be released, while others could be dispatched to Gulags in Siberia. The people who died in the camps under the control of Stalin's security force, were dumped in the exact same pits where the Nazis had dumped some of their victims. Those that weren't cremated because the camps didn't have enough crematoriums to keep up with the supply of bodies.

WTF are you on about ?

I consider equivocation between the USSR and Nazi Germany to be Holocaust denial.

@keli , if the Nazis had won, you certainly wouldn't be discussing this with me now.

I mean, given your racist views it is not surprising that you would disagree. I would have thought the others in this thread might be a little more historically literate though.
I have no trouble comdemning every mass murdering regime, including the one you support

N

@keli , if the Nazis had won, you certainly wouldn't be discussing this with me now.

So nobody has the right to criticize the USSR and Russian rule because they defeated the nazis? They basically get a blank cheque for all and every sin they committed until today because they did something right 80 years ago?

Last time I checked it's Russia who compares everyone to the nazis. Or do they have the right to do so? To be honest you could as well consider holocaust denial that Russia uses nazi on everyone, regardless of their attitude to jews.
I don't even...

So nobody has the right to criticize the USSR and Russian rule because they defeated the nazis? They basically get a blank cheque for all and every sin they committed until today because they did something right 80 years ago?

Last time I checked it's Russia who compares everyone to the nazis. Or do they have the right to do so?
I don't even...

Absolutely not. The cartoon I was responding to was not "criticism of the USSR", it was explicitly equivocating between the USSR and Nazi Germany. I am not sure why I even have to explain why that's problematic. Say what you want about the USSR (the USSR sucked ass in plenty of ways - tankie my ass) but please don't pretend the Nazis weren't worse.

I consider equivocation between the USSR and Nazi Germany to be Holocaust denial.
1) This is a completely stupid reasoning.
2) The drawing shows very obviously the PoV of the random living people on the way of the armies, getting subjugated by Nazis first, then the Soviets chasing the Nazis, but then just being another set of subjugators. Managing to see this as "nazi propaganda" is a sort of reach that is... wow. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom