[RD] Russia invades Ukraine: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider equivocation between the USSR and Nazi Germany to be Holocaust denial.
I mean, I'll have a bash, because I did personally do a double-take when reading your posts just then.

On the whole, the USSR during WWII was not Nazi Germany. Even Mussolini's Italy wasn't and that had far larger overlap (and more responsibility for any shared crimes). But from the perspective of the USSR's victims, it can be argued there isn't a huge amount of difference. I checked on @EvaDK's post for example, and it looks accurate. I certainly wouldn't call a cartoon depicted armed forces oppressing civilians as indicative of Holocaust denial, for sure (unless there's some other context I'm not aware of).

Now, I get that in this thread people are taking some really silly sides, to the extent I was accused of equating Russia and Ukraine in this invasion (shout out to @Verbose who never replied), but I think you might also be reacting a bit in kind here. Or - again - maybe there's specific context for you that makes it make more sense (connections the argument in the comic may have to established Holocaust denial / revisionist arguments, and so on).

I consider equivocation between the USSR and Nazi Germany to be Holocaust denial.
1. You are most welcome to disprove anything I wrote in my post with facts, if you can.

2. Your attempt to label other posters here as 'Holocaust deniers' doesn't deserve a response.

1) This is a completely stupid reasoning

"No" is not a convincing argument.

1) This is a completely stupid reasoning.
2) The drawing shows very obviously the PoV of the random living people on the way of the armies, getting subjugated by Nazis first, then the Soviets chasing the Nazis, but then just being another set of subjugators. Managing to see this as "nazi propaganda" is a sort of reach that is... wow. Seriously.

Have you ever heard of Generalplan Ost?

I don't recall Lexicus ever supporting the soviet union - let alone under Stalin, which seems to be the rational timeframe.
"Tankie" is another nice epithet, which obviously can only stifle discussion by trying to shame the other poster. Obviously he isn't supporting the tanks sent to quell then soviet block countries rebellions.
Like it or not, nazi Germany was even worse than Stalin, which should tell you how bad it was.

if the Nazis had won, you certainly wouldn't be discussing this with me now.

If the Soviet Union had won, you wouldn't be discussing this on the internet either.
If modern fascist Russia wins, you wouldn't be discussing this either.

"No" is not a convincing argument
"you show that Soviets and Nazis both oppressed people under their rule, so you're a Holocaust denier" is even less of a convincing argument, and yes it's downright idiotic. If you don't manage to be able to see it, then you should probably work hard on your nazi obsession because it seems that anytime "nazis" enters the picture, you lose half your brain.
Have you ever heard of Generalplan Ost?
Yes, and I absolutely don't see how it changes my point in any way. Did you even try to get it or is it just another example of you going ballistic and losing all thinking ability when there is "nazi" somewhere ?

If the Soviet Union had won, you wouldn't be discussing this on the internet either.
If modern fascist Russia wins, you wouldn't be discussing this either.

While certainly you have every right to think this way (because you are experiencing an invasion, which is the worst), I don't see how Lexicus, who is in America, would have problems discussing things if Russia wins this war.

if Russia wins this war.

If you think that Ukraine is Russia's only target, I've bad news for you.
You seem to be a fan of Russian media and somehow missed multiple messages they promote of who their enemies are, whose lands are next to be taken, and whose lands should be destroyed.
Rest assured, if they reach their goals, free discussion on the internet will be over, along with the internet as we know it.

bein' on the right side of history , betting on the winning horse , but hey , it is like not over yet , mmkay ?

and no , the ones who will kill the internet are not Russians .

Yes, and I absolutely don't see how it changes my point in any way.

You don't see how the Nazi plan to literally murder almost everyone in Eastern Europe changes the point that the Soviets were equally as bad as the Nazis? Okay then

If you think that Ukraine is Russia's only target, I've bad news for you.
You seem to be a fan of Russian media and somehow missed multiple messages they promote of who their enemies are, whose lands are next to be taken, and whose lands should be destroyed.
Rest assured, if they reach their goals, free discussion on the internet will be over, along with the internet as we know it.

Hey, I don't follow russian media. Some greek military-news site I bother to read from time to time may indeed include news from russian sources, but that's all :)
I really don't see how people in the USA would lose liberties, even web liberties, if Russia wins. I can see how some other bordering countries will be in an even worse position (baltics, maybe Romania not sure), but effects of liberty going to America is a bit of a hyperbole in my view.
Once again, I am not judging your position - I am sure I would be at least as angry/nervous if my country was invaded.

You don't see how the Nazi plan to literally murder almost everyone in Eastern Europe changes the point that the Soviets were equally as bad as the Nazis? Okay then
Let me repeat it, because it seems you're so blinded by your nazi obsession you are in full meltdown mode. You're literally arguing this :

If you show that Soviets and Nazis both oppressed people under their rule, you're a Holocaust denier.

This is plain ******ed. Get a hold of yourself, because you're just being ridiculous. Period, and that's my last word on this circus.

Meanwhile Ukrainian president posts these pictures in social networks on Victory Day.

To be fair, it was removed in few hours.

Meanwhile Ukrainian president posts these pictures in social networks on Victory Day.

To be fair, it was removed in few hours.
I would hate to sound cynical, but has this been confirmed by independent (non-Russian) sources? Something like this would be extremely easy to photoshop, and I have to question if a Jewish person would use what I assume are Nazi symbols

The cartoon that seemed to get your knickers in a twist, didn't imply that the USSR is the same as Nazi-Germany.
It implies that for the people, it makes little difference if their freedom and lives were taken away by occupying Nazis, or by occupying Soviets.

right side of history and whatever will also create opportunities to see how much of it is real . About some pertinent question of how much of a kapo Zelensky is , you know , mocking people with pictures from Adolf's time , as much as it can be guessed . Like NATO had a similar caper of posting and deleting a picture of the same kind ...

oh-kay , let us do so . Alright , a guy that fits in with a mindset that like totally does not exist in the West by all means . Will you now deny the Zelensky picture , if real , mocks Russians like 77 years after the thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom