[RD] Russia invades Ukraine V: The Turning Tide

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost in Afghanistan too, in fact the SU imploded in part from the cost of the Afghan war, why would "time" be on "their side" this time ?
He meant Ukraine is in Afghanistan-like disarray.
There were news about forced mobilization of ethnic Hungarians in Transcarpathia and high casualties among them.
If true, this would explain Orban's recent statement and actions.

He meant Ukraine is in Afghanistan-like disarray.
There were news about forced mobilization of ethnic Hungarians in Transcarpathia and high casualties among them.
If true, this would explain Orban's recent statement and actions.
Orban is not too specific so I can't tell.
He seems to be saying that Putin has pretty much abandoned his previous efforts to try and win Ukraine by force, and so he is insisting on ruining it so the West cannot hope to govern it, e.g. Afghanistan. Which I guess is a strategy. Not sure what his troops think about that, oscillating between liberating their Ukranian brethren but destroying them if they refuse.

Last edited:
Not sure what his troops think about that, oscillating between liberating their Ukranian brethren but destroying them if they refuse.
The idea of liberating their Ukrainian brethren is dead on arrival. Russian soldiers quickly realize liberation is not a goal, Ukrainians don't want them there. Those who are not at the front might have gathered that from Russia flattening Ukrainian cities arbitrarily and killing Ukrainians for close to a year.

They are already in the process of destroying them because they refused.

Interview with Australian volunteer.
A bit hard to understand some parts without subtitles.

Funny how we keep hearing a deafening silence about all the war crimes commited by Russia, despite Russia being supposedly "in the right" because of supposed evil actions from Ukraine. Instead, now it's the usual refocus on how Ukraine is losing badly, as if (regardless of it true or not), losing was making Ukraine "wrong".

In fact, it reminds me exactly that :
From what I've seen, what experts have said, what people who lived under the yoke of USSR said and what we can plainly notice with every Russian poster here, is that Russian culture simply seems to be a "might makes right" one. It's especially striking when you notice discussions with Russian posters right here, where ethics as a whole are simply only ever used as a tool (for propaganda or for manipulating others by casting Russia as a supposed victim) but are never actually valued, andwhere the strongest reactions comes not from unethical acts commited, but from pointing Russian failures. Even the appaling treatment of its own troops by Russian military doesn't cause any sort of anger or revolt, just an annoyance about how it makes Russia look weak. Talking about improving Russia is taken about making Russia military stronger and more adept for war, not about making Russia actually better.
Eerily adequate.

As for the actual facts on the ground :
It's totally possible that Bakhmut will fall, due to Russian bullish relentlessness at attacking it and funneling insane amount of ressources on this front. Wagner forces were mostly depleted, the regular Russian army is replacing them to keep up the assault, and there are report of actual elite units taking the helm. The thing is, all this come at a high cost, and the big question mark is the ratio of casualties (with the significant caveat that Ukraine needs to sustain a 3 to 1 ratio to keep things equal, which certainly complicates the situation), but one thing certain is that Russia has suffered dreadful ones - we just don't know how much Ukraine has taken in exchange.

australian interviewee says the the donation of tanks is acknowledgement that Ukraine cannot hold...I would chalk it up to more like Western dithering about not wanting to be seen as trying to distract from domestic issues...

australian interviewee says the the donation of tanks is acknowledgement that Ukraine cannot hold...I would chalk it up to more like Western dithering about not wanting to be seen as trying to distract from domestic issues...
Let's put things in perspective. The guy who made this video also posted this in early september :

And this two months ago :

Let's say I would take his predictions with a huge grain of salt.

At the very least, it's acknowledgement that the previous donations were insufficient and that the West run out of Soviet models to donate.
This silence gives very loud message about the pro-Russian posters characters in this thread.
I don't see a point in discussing allegations about Russian war crimes in Western press, as reports in Russian press about Ukrainian war crimes were repeatedly dismissed and branded as Russian propaganda or false flag.

At the very least, it's acknowledgement that the previous donations were insufficient and that the West run out of Soviet models to donate.

I don't see a point in discussing allegations about Russian war crimes in Western press, as reports in Russian press about Ukrainian war crimes were repeatedly dismissed and branded as Russian propaganda or false flag.

Difference is government doesn't directly control media in ze west.

And some cases of Ukraine crimes have made it in the west.

You're always gonna get war crines even in best trained armies. The scake and frequency is the kicker.

it's not like it doesn't "work": keep sending men forward until you are sure of the highest area of enemy concentration needed to finally send in your tanks (and maybe artillery). this is judged by the number of dead Russians.

Last edited:
Literally outstanding
Fn6lYRyXoAEUEbE.jpeg

The West : BBC literally checks and validates the video of PoW being shot in the knees by Ukrainians.
Russia : people are literally arrested for holding a blank paper and laws literally forbids to say anything against Russian army. Stories about bioengineered soldiers, USA biological weapons laboratory hidden in Ukraine, covid-carried pigeons targeting Russia !
red_elk : I'm going to ignore all Russian war crimes because you act as if Russian press is propaganda.

youdontsay.jpg

They have absolutely zero moral standing on any matter, anywhere, at any time. They can go take a long walk off a short pier.
What always amazes me is the incredible doublethinking abilities of the Americans.
They can bash Russia for military aggression, in the same time acknowledge that their country murdered literally millions of civilians in military adventures.
And in the same time claim moral highground over China which has done nothing of the sort since Sino-Vietnamese conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom