[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine: War News Thread: Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact, Russians are telling that Ukrainians are bombing the towns, while the anti-Putin Russians are telling that it's the Russian army which is shelling indiscriminately.
This happens since 2014. Donetsk and Lugansk under "Russian army which is shelling indiscriminately." Ukrains mainstream media call it an air conditioner explosion. That's how propaganda works.
One of the things I discovered last year is how much propaganda works. How it brainwashes you and you don't even notice it

WaPo raises concerns about NATO equipment captured by Russia after recent raids in Belgorod region.
Some of the pro-Ukrainian raiders were Russian extremists or neo-Nazis.

There are videos of some soldiers entering Russia speaking Polish.

This happens since 2014. Donetsk and Lugansk under "Russian army which is shelling indiscriminately." Ukrains mainstream media call it an air conditioner explosion. That's how propaganda works.
One of the things I discovered last year is how much propaganda works. How it brainwashes you and you don't even notice it

Link ?
Ukrainians often call it cotton which is used to mock the Russians which is a play on the word clap in Russian and is sarcasm.
I doubt it will be meant to be taken seriously, but Iam willing to look into Main media calling them air-con explosions

You don't seem to have found how it work on you, though.
It's always funny to see people who support Russia, which far more and much more obvious, much more absurd propaganda, are the ones trying to give lesson about it. Self-awareness, people ?

Last edited:
Hello @banzay13 and welcome to our ongoing war discussion. We try to keep this thread for current news and opinions about the war and not about the events that happened before the invasion. Those tend to cloud the discussion lead folks off the current war news. So please, when you post, try to stay with current events. Thanks.

Fun fact, Russians are telling that Ukrainians are bombing the towns, while the anti-Putin Russians are telling that it's the Russian army which is shelling indiscriminately.
I show you how such "news" created
Spoiler One of the Ukraine mainstream media (not very popular, indeed, as ukraine ppl said me) [ATTACH type="full :
664022[/ATTACH]

News with screenshot of russian local group in Telegram, what Russia shelling their own city
Spoiler :
message with screenshot.png

How and then such "local" channels created
Spoiler :
channel.png

such new it's work of guys like this -

Attachments

• Mainstream media.png
    Mainstream media.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 4
Afterall it's became some kind of meme (blowing conditioner)
You realize there is nothing in the article about the "exploding air-conditioner", do you? It's about a heat-seeking missile fired by Lugansk/Russian militants.
"Exploding air-conditioner" is Russian propaganda, not Ukrainian.
Self-awareness, people ?
Self-awareness and self-reflection are inventions of the decadent West.

You realize there is nothing in the article about the "exploding air-conditioner", do you? It's about a heat-seeking missile fired by Lugansk/Russian militants.
"Exploding air-conditioner" is Russian propaganda, not Ukrainian.

Self-awareness and self-reflection are inventions of the decadent West.
I posted videos from thad day from Lugansk, it was deleted.
The video clearly shows a fighter jet flying over the city and launching unguided rockets, and shows the nature of the destruction that a single MANPAD missile clearly could not have caused

Wagner detained commander of the 72nd Brigade of Russian army, Lt Colonel Roman Venevitin. Wagner and the 72nd Brigade shared positions in Bakhmut.

They detained him, beat him up, broke his nose, and forced to record a video admitting to firing at a car of PMC Wagner due to "personal animosity" towards them.
#popcorn #hammertime?

1) Censor.net is a main stream Ukrainian media ?
2) Air conditioner did not explode claim was it was hit by a Manpad
3) Blogger made that claim, links to twitter are dead
4) Media reported it as an Ukrainian Air strike with alternative version
5) I will grant that Ukrainian media during the 2014 was extremely unreliable and inaccurate

Lastly and most ironic is that this is your claim of media propaganda by Ukraine ?
Seems rather tame compared with repeated Russian lies over this same period (Green men, Tourists, Crimea not in dispute etc)

There is another version of what happened. Activist Sergei Ivanov, in his microblog on Twitter , claims that the terrorists miscalculated when trying to shoot down a plane with Ukrainian servicemen.
"The terrorists fired from MANPADS at the plane. The missile aimed at a working air conditioner at the Regional State Administration, which emits heat," Ivanov wrote. Источник: https://censor.net/ru/v288138

Last edited:
Except for the fact that Russia has been indiscriminately bombing civilians from the start, and Patriots were deployed to the area later to protect them.
These civilian targets are mostly used by the Ukrainian military.
This is such a commonplace topic that I did not even initially want to write about it.
Back in March of last year I had such conversations with my Ukrainian buddies.
- Why do you bomb schools and kindergartens?
- Because the military is stationed there. (I show photo and video evidence) From the military point of view these are convenient positions for the deployment of personnel. But there are photos (from Mariupol, for example) of artillery and tanks being placed on school grounds as well. I ask them, why do you allow the military to be stationed on civilian sites, especially children's sites?
- This is our land, and we choose how to defend it ourselves.
After that I stopped worrying about destroyed schools and kindergartens. If the Ukrainians agree to this, why should I care? (I mean my inner feelings.)

This does not negate the fact that there were hits on civilian targets, accidental or due to poor target reconnaissance.
Let's look at a few famous cases.
A shopping center in Kiev. There were photos of GRAD installations near the crossing of this shopping center. When the photos of debris removal appeared, the Grad missiles were visible on them.
The strike on the dormitory in Kharkiv. In the photos of debris removal, a damaged military minibus was seen. But it is possible that only one military man lived there and the building was not used as a military accommodation center. Knowing how the Russian Defense Ministry works, I would not be surprised. But maybe it was a legitimate military target. We won't know the truth soon enough.
Tochka-U missile hit a train station in Kramatorsk. There is a lot of photographic material, take Google maps and investigate. We pay attention how the tail part of the missile lies, but more importantly - pay attention in which direction the shrapnel is scattered. Because the tail of the missile can turn when falling, and the scattering of fragments will tell you exactly which side the missile came from. Let's take a photo of the missile, which was caught in the report of the French TV, it clearly shows the serial number of the missile. We are looking for the numbers of missiles that Ukraine used in 2014-2015. This data is available online.
Apart from the fact that there is not a single photo-video of Russia using these obsolete missiles on the battlefield. Except for video of the Belarusian complexes moving around Belarus.
Mostly civilians are killed by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collateral_damage

And of course there are various war crimes on both sides

1) Censor.net is a main stream Ukrainian media ?
2) Air conditioner did not explode claim was it was hit by a Manpad
3) Blogger made that claim, links to twitter are dead
4) Media reported it as an Ukrainian Air strike with alternative version
5) I will grant that Ukrainian media during the 2014 was extremely unreliable and inaccurate

Lastly and most ironic is that this is your claim of media propaganda by Ukraine ?
Seems rather tame compared with repeated Russian lies over this same period (Green men, Tourists, Crimea not in dispute etc)
all governments lie. especially in war. So you have to get information from different sources, from different sides, have information from local sources of information. But clearly you should not listen to the mainstreem media

@banzay13
Please quit promoting the Russian narrative that UA armed forces are "legitimate" targets for Russian invaders.
The majority of Ukrainian army personnel are yesterday's farmers, workers, engineers, sportspersons and programmers. The reason they are in the army today is because they defend their land and their civilian families from an invading foreign country.
Take a moment to think about it. You and your country have no legitimate targets inside Ukraine. Ukraine didn't invade Russia.

Last edited:
Wagner detained commander of the 72nd Brigade of Russian army, Lt Colonel Roman Venevitin. Wagner and the 72nd Brigade shared positions in Bakhmut.

They detained him, beat him up, broke his nose, and forced to record a video admitting to firing at a car of PMC Wagner due to "personal animosity" towards them.
#popcorn #hammertime?

Probably some Western propaganda or something like that, haven't you read the memo ?

@banzay13
Please quit promoting the Russian narrative that UA armed forces are "legitimate" targets for Russian invaders.
The majority of Ukrainian personnel are yesterday's farmers, workers, engineers, sportspersons and programmers. The reason they are in the army today is because they defend their land and their civilian families from an invading foreign country.
Take a moment to think about it. You and your country have no legitimate targets inside Ukraine. Ukraine didn't invade Russia.
There is a war going on. This is a fact. This thread is about that fact. All NORMAL people oppose the war, but it's already going on, and war has its own laws.
About the reasons - Russia's point of view, as I understand them, I have already described them.

Did Iraq invade USA (second war), or Libya invade NATO, maybe Serbia invade NATO? or Maybe Grenada invade USA? What is the U.S. military doing in Syria? Why are all the oil-bearing areas of Syria under the occupation of U.S. troops? How many wars in the world had the moral right to be started?

Moderator Action: This thread is not about other wars. It is about the Russian Invasion of Ukraine. Please do not bring other wars or pre invasion events into this thread. You may start new threads on any of those topics if you will. Thanks. Birdjaguar.

Last edited by a moderator:
"war is bad, absolutely terrible ! But I'm still supporting the agressor because what about the US ?"

There is a war going on.
Because Russia invaded Ukraine.
All NORMAL people oppose the war, but it's already going on
It's going on because your country invaded mine. Constant evoking of remotely similar USA's wars doesn't absolve your country of the responsibility for the invasion, land grab and ethnic purge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom