Russia Invasion Spillover

Isolationism is also a time-honoured tradition of the US right.

Yes because George Washington was a right winger.

I guess he owned slaves, but remember the slave owning party was the democrats. George Washington existed before them and was partyless, so I guess you can't really assign him or isolationism for that matter to any spectrum.

No one will allow Ukrainians to arrange a mass massacre in Donetsk and Crimea.
We aren't Russians, we don't do such things. That's the reason no massacres of Russian-speaking citizens happened in places like Slavyansk or Mariupol in 2014-2022.
Unless you mean the massacre of the type which is now happening to Russian invaders in the area of Vuhledar or Bakhmut.

Moderator Action: Civility is still required in this thread. Thanks

As far as the nuke option goes, I do not think that Putin wants to or will pull the trigger on the destruction of Russia or the West. I do not think he is crazy enough to do that. Escalation creep is real and ongoing. it is very much a game of "chicken" that Putin has been encouraging. Prior to Feb 24th 2022, Putin had gotten away with all of his efforts with minimal effects from the West. The invasion changed the game completely and what had happened before was swept away and off the table. None of the prior events and accusations mattered any more. The very successful Ukrainian resistance emphasized that everything from the past decade no longer mattered. The NATO reaction is a clear reinforcement of that message. Whatever situations created by Minsk, Donbas, Crimea, etc. no longer apply. For Putin the invasion was "a bridge too far".

Yes indeed might makes right, I'm glad we have a common understanding of the fundamentals of geopolitics.

Full of crapware. Only worthwhile Android phones are Pixel.

Oh IDK, probably has a lot of spyware. But at least the Pixel has better specs than my Motorola.

As long as it's less bloated spyware, see that's the key!

An interesting statement - given the fact that even garbage publications like "Sun" managed to write about the deployment of missiles in Europe.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16695568/us-nuclear-germany-eagle-hypersonic-missiles-moscow/
Just an unexplained bout of amnesia.
I really don't get it, how is it possible that in the same message you find "good" that Russia has more nuclear weapons than the US (including already deployed hypersonic missiles as Russian propaganda loves to remind everyone every few weeks), and find it "bad" (and the cause of a preventive war in Ukraine) that the US are developing the same kind of missiles (not even deployed yet AFAIK)

Care to explain ?

Usage of tactical nukes is impossible without strategic nukes being used.

Well, this one is fixable IIRC.
Probably not worth buying right now anyway.
It also depends on what you intend to use if for (i.e. gaming, videos, pictures, youtube, discord, ect.). But, that is a topic for another thread.

By the way since it launches from Bavaria doesn't that mean it's launched not far from Hitler's "eagle nest"?
The "eagle's nest" is in the extreme southwest, near the border with Austria, the missiles will probably be placed to the north for the time being. But yes, close.

Moderator Action: I moved a bunch of posts here from the War News thread.

There is occasional "own the conservatives" too. :p
There is but it is rare. For decades Talk Radio has been all about "owning the libs." It is well embedded into GOP culture.

I really don't get it, how is it possible that in the same message you find "good" that Russia has more nuclear weapons than the US (including already deployed hypersonic missiles as Russian propaganda loves to remind everyone every few weeks), and find it "bad" (and the cause of a preventive war in Ukraine) that the US are developing the same kind of missiles (not even deployed yet AFAIK)

Care to explain ?
The explanation is elementary and has already been given once. Russian missiles cannot physically be a threat to the American nuclear arsenal, while the Americans need medium-range missiles in Europe only and exclusively for a disarming strike against Russian nuclear forces. Well, why we need a lot of tactical nuclear weapons, you can read in your own messages. So that no idiot would think of bombing Russian troops, yeah.

The explanation is elementary and has already been given once. Russian missiles cannot physically be a threat to the American nuclear arsenal, while the Americans need medium-range missiles in Europe only and exclusively for a disarming strike against Russian nuclear forces. Well, why we need a lot of tactical nuclear weapons, you can read in your own messages. So that no idiot would think of bombing Russian troops, yeah.
You seem to be assuming that there is some first strike arrangement that would allow one side to win a nuclear war scenario. Wrong. Submarines armed with missiles will trump any first strike winner plans. I would guess that there are very few safe spots that submarine missiles cannot reach and certainly no major metro areas. The first strike winner scenario has never been a serious consideration in the West.

I'm European, Russian missiles are already 20 minutes from where I live, does that mean we should invade Belarus and Kaliningrad to get 5 more minutes of delay when Russian paranoia will finally push Putin or one of his successor to launch a preventive first strike ?

You seem to be assuming that there is some first strike arrangement that would allow one side to win a nuclear war scenario. Wrong. Submarines armed with missiles will trump any first strike winner plans. I would guess that there are very few safe spots that submarine missiles cannot reach and certainly no major metro areas. The first strike winner scenario has never been a serious consideration in the West.

Yep, everytime I hear the "missile in Europe" argument I look at a map of the world, look at Russia, and wonder how one can insult my intelligence, trying to make me believe they were stupid enough to put ALL their missiles launchers on the European border, conveniently grouped so that a first strike would be viable. And they have no submarine of course.

Top Bottom