1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia invited to join NATO missile shield

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RedRalph, Nov 20, 2010.

1. BufordTJustice

BufordTJustice Chieftain

The shield was always about Russia. Iran does not possess rockets which could be a threat to Europe or the US. The Russians knew this and this is why they offered a military base close to the Iranian border. Anybody remember this? They must have laughed a lot in Moscow...

I think they hoped that the Russians would decline the offer to collaborate on the shield. Why should they do so in the first place? And now the Russians did a very clever move. They have nothing to loose, can build up their missile defenses without anybody being in the position to criticise them and if they lose interest they can still run away without taking any drawbacks. My respect!

Don't mess with the Russians! :)

2. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

I thought Iran's weapons we're mostly designed for attacking Israel, why would they want to attack there arms dealers in Europe?

3. Aegis

Aegis Deity

If Europe waited until Iran had the capability of striking them before trying to implement a missile defense shield, it would be too late. The idea here is to get the shield up before there is danger, not exposing themselves to risk for several months as they scurry to get a hodge-podge network up.

It would have been useless to defend against Russian missiles anyways because those would have traveled over the Arctic, not Europe.

4. Theige

Theige American Baron

Yea I'm not really following you. Bush couldn't get the Russians' support, Obama did.

Obama is succeeding where Bush failed. Seems pretty simple.