Russian 101

pau17

King
Привет,

Я говорю по русски очень плоха и хочу учить и практиковать. Я начал заниматся с русским языком четыре месяца назад и мне очень нравится.

Кто нибудь здесь хочет гоборить со мной? кто нибудь здесь тохе занимаесь с русским языком? Я знаю, что здесь русски народ (или “люди”?) и мохет быть вы мохете помочь мне?

Спасибо!

Spoiler :
Hello,

I speak Russian very badly and I want to learn and practice. I started to study Russian four months ago and I like it a lot.

Does anyone here want to speak with me? Does anyone here also study Russian? I know that there are some Russian people here (or [other word for people]?] and maybe you can help me?

Thank you!

English part I can’t write in Russian yet:

I have learned all the cases but I have to learn how to use them properly and I know very few nouns and verbs…it is also helpful to practice typing with the Russian keyboard setting. It is also very useful to see real Russian writing, but at a level more basic than the newspapers, which I can’t read yet.

Also, the difference between “и, а” and “но” can be confusing sometimes…any examples would be helpful. Thanks again…

Когда я хотел знакомится с русскими я пошел в русской версии форумах (Civfanatics.ru). Там очень добрый люди и помогут вам. Я уже начал тему для новых пользователей русский язык. Приглашаю вас присоединиться с нами.
ПС. Я не очень xорошо использоваю падежи но сиравно всё понятно. И знаете что вы перепутали буквы х на ж. На премер в слове может, но сказал уже что всё хорошо и понятна :)
И в каком смысле вы имели разницу между И, А, и НО?

Tekee, don't forget that you need to include a translation of what you said in Russian.

Because of the internet, all languages except English will be pretty much dead in ~100 years (excepting very rural folk). Just stop it.

The only thing disappearing faster than species is languages.

I can only offer a slight correction of Pau17's quote:

Привет,

Я говорю по русски очень плохо и хочу учиться и практиковаться. Я начал заниматься русским языком четыре месяца назад, и мне очень нравится.

Кто-нибудь здесь хочет говорить со мной? Кто-нибудь здесь тоже занимается русским языком? Я знаю, что здесь есть россияне, может быть, вы мне поможете?

Спасибо!

It's actually still pretty awkward and obviously not written by a Russian. But it's an improvement.

Also, the difference between “и, а” and “но” can be confusing sometimes…any examples would be helpful.

Overall, it's hard to explain the intricacies of your native language. I'll try to, though;

И = conjunctive "and", in majority of the cases, as in "a boy and a girl", "Porry Hatter and the stone philosopher".

A = contrasting "and", as in "the train leaves in half an hour, and you are not ready yet", "I shall go and you stay here". Also may be contrasting "yet" ( "she affirms it, yet he doubts it").

Но = "but".

Edit: Oh, and let's correct Tekee, too.

Когда я захотел знакомиться с русскими, я пошел в русскую версию форума (Civfanatics.ru). Там очень добрые люди и они помогут вам. Я уже начал тему для новых пользователей "русский язык". Приглашаю вас присоединиться к нам.
ПС. Я не очень xорошо использую падежи, но всё равно всё понятно. И знаете что, вы перепутали буквы "х" и "ж". Например, в слове "может", но сказал уже, что всё хорошо и понятно
Translation:
When I wanted to get to know Russians, I went to the Russian version of Civfanatics forum. The people there are very kind and will help you. I've already started the "Russian language" topic for new users. I offer you to join us.
P.S. I don't use cases very well, but it's easy to understand anyway. And you know what, you 've mixed up the "x" and "ж" letters, like in the word "может", for example, but I've already said that everything is good and easily understandable

Though it's not that good and not that easily understandable... ;)

Because of the internet, all languages except English will be pretty much dead in ~100 years (excepting very rural folk). Just stop it.

I doubt it, especialy for Russian. Russian folk like to provide evidences for arguments by linking to azbuka sites;)

100 years. 3-4 generations. I don't like it any better than the next conservationist or preservationist, but that's how it is.

Я одобряю эту нить. У меня много вопросов, и мое грамматики редкими.

Spoiler :
i approve of this thread. I have many questions, and my grammar is sparse.

Edit: Oh, and let's correct Tekee, too.

Благодару вам, еврей из россие лучшие пишет чем белорусского из канаде :p И я здесь только знакомус с полаками. :)

I thank you, jews from moscow are more literate then belorussian from cananda. ANd here I only hang out with polacks. :D
И для всех остальных
Говорите по-русский или умерете;)
And for everyone else
Speak Russian or die.

I won't be around in 100 years and until then, languages are fun and the ones I speak well enough get me work. Let history take its course, but if there is a demand I can fill and it gives me a cognitive buzz to learn new methods of communication, then why not?

Tekee said:
When I wanted to get to know Russians, I went to the Russian version of Civfanatics forum. The people there are very kind and will help you. I've already started the "Russian language" topic for new users. I offer you to join us.

Interesting...I will check it out.

Tekee said:
And you know what, you 've mixed up the "x" and "ж" letters

Yes, I still do that with х, ж and sometimes б, в. :( Which is why it's good practice to write. Thanks for catching that.

Thank you for your help, Lone Wolf. I will study your correction and make a new submission soon...

My knowledge of Russian is limited to:

Привет товарищ :)

By the way, what is this "Russian version of Civfanatics forum"?

Привет,

Я говорю по русски очень плоха и хочу учить и практиковать. Я начал заниматся с русским языком четыре месяца назад и мне очень нравится.

Кто нибудь здесь хочет гоборить со мной? кто нибудь здесь тохе занимаесь с русским языком? Я знаю, что здесь русски народ (или “люди”?) и мохет быть вы мохете помочь мне?

Спасибо!

I can correct some obvious mistakes:
"плоха" - плохо
"заниматся с русским языком" - заниматься русским языком
"гоборить" - говорить
"тохе" - тоже
"занимаесь с русским языком" - занимается русским языком
"русски" - русский (народ) or русские (люди)
"мохет, мохете" - может, можете

In general, your text is not too bad and quite understandable.
Don't use Tekee's messages as examples of correct Russian language - there are more mistakes than in your message.
EDIT: Yes, Lone Wolf has already corrected you. I agree with his changes.

Your grandchildren will speak Chinese and Spanish :)

Я одобряю эту нить. У меня много вопросов, и мое грамматики редкими.

Spoiler :
i approve of this thread. I have many questions, and my grammar is sparse.
"thread" can be translated as "тема" (topic) or "ветка" (branch)
"нить" is more like string or rope

About "sparse", not sure how to translate it. What does it mean exactly, in context of grammar?

2All: Feel free to correct my English if you like.

Я тоже могу говорить по-русски но не очень хорошо.

Spoiler :
I am also able to speak in Russian but not very well.

Я тоже могу говорить по-русски но не очень хорошо.

Spoiler :
I am also able to speak in Russian but not very well.

Это.

About "sparse", not sure how to translate it. What does it mean exactly, in context of grammar?

2All: Feel free to correct my English if you like.

Edit: Ansar's answer is better
Also, your English is pretty good, Red Elk.

Heres my question for the Russian speakers: Was the word "red" derived from "beautiful?"

He is saying that his grammar is limited; his knowledge of grammar is limited.

By the way, does anyone still call one another товарищ?

Don't use Tekee's messages as examples of correct Russian language - there are more mistakes than in your message.
EDIT: Yes, Lone Wolf has already corrected you. I agree with his changes.
Эта!!
очему ву не писали что-то для него? Он сказал, что хочет читать! Он не пришел сюда, чтобы услышать жалобы о Tekee. Он уже сказал мне спасибо:)
Так что начните говорить с ним только на РУССКОМ!
Heres my question for the Russian speakers: Was the word "red" derived from "beautiful?"
Красная площадь должна быть красивой площади, она не красная, а красивая!!
(red square is supposed to be "beautiful square", since Red Square is not Red but beautiful!)

Я не. Сейчас ничего особенно не говорим
I don't, right now we don't really say anything.

Yes, and "Red Square" originally meant "Beautiful Square".
Ok, that's how I understood it.
This can be translated in several ways, but the simplest one is probably "Я не очень хорошо знаю грамматику" (I know grammar not very well)
In military and police forces this is official way to call fellows. Communists also call each other "товарищ". Other than that, no.

Ok, that's how I understood it.
This can be translated in several ways, but the simplest one is probably "Я не очень хорошо знаю грамматику" (I know grammar not very well)

Спасибо Товарищ.

У меня вопрос: Я знаю что есть много Путешествие Глаголы, Вы можете их объяснить? Я хочу знать, как я говорю "I go" па-русски.

Spoiler :
I have a question: I know that there are many travelling verbs, can you explain them? I want to know how I say "I go" the way the Russians do.

Annex mentioned a program he found online that effectively turned your keyboard from an English one into a Russian one. If he or anyone else knows what I'm talking about and could direct me to it, that would be awesome. I really hate this hit-and-miss game with Google Translate, trying to get the words to come out the way I want them to.

Я знаю Русский язык тоже. Моя граматику хорошо, но я забыл часта. Мой учител напоминает мне о Сталине, потому что он очень злой иногда. Я хочу люди здесь говорить по-русский, потому что я хочу пишу русский когда я не делаю домашную работу.

I know Russian too. My grammar is good, but I forget it often. My teacher reminds me of Stalin, because he is very angry sometimes. I want people here speak Russian, because I want to write Russian when I'm not doing homework.

I use fontboard at my school to change my keyboard to Cyrillic.

Annex mentioned a program he found online that effectively turned your keyboard from an English one into a Russian one. If he or anyone else knows what I'm talking about and could direct me to it, that would be awesome. I really hate this hit-and-miss game with Google Translate, trying to get the words to come out the way I want them to.

Do a search for "Russian phonetic keyboard." You can usually just set it up natively within your own system, so that you have the phonetic layout--not the one the Russians use, but that matches the sounds with English, so v will be в, r will be р, etc. I'm pretty sure you can do this in most operating systems.

Edit: people, please include English translations so this thread doesn't get in trouble. Thanks.

Top Bottom