Russian Demographics 2030: What Will It Look Like

Harshad

Warlord
There are five million less Russians in 2009 then in 1991. It has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, Russia's famous penchant for racism will prevent it from allowing enough immigrants in, and it's alcoholism is epidemic among other things.

In 2009, the Ministry of Health actually reported natural population growth for the first time in 15 years, and prior to that population decline has been steadily going down from 2000-2008, so perhaps Russia might pull itself out of its demographic funk.

However, said reduction in population decline has nicely corresponded with improvements in the Russian economy(which is heavily dependent on oil)

My question is this, what will Russia look like demographically in 2030? Will it have recovered, or will Russia face hard times again and be in a similar situation as today.

Russia only will go back to it's 1897 population of 125 million under the Russian Empire. Hah.

Also it'll become China's newest colony.

I can imagine red square strewn with empty vodka bottles and tumbleweed moving though.

Hopefully the demographics will still be robust enough to support the sale of mail order brides to elderly American gentlemen. I've got a bucket list item to fulfill around 2030.

Chinese are being invited to work the farms left behind by the flight of Soviets into the cities for security after the fall of the Soviet Union.
My uncle, who stayed behind on the Kolhoz farm, welcomes Chinese labourors. You do that too in America, by hiring illegal Mexican aliens.

)Chop grass, let someone else will chop firewood) :D
Russian penchant for "racism" has nothing to do with anything. Russia still has the second highest number of immigrants. They are not held back by "famous racism"
The country is not going to turn black or "Muslim" invasion. Lest of all the Chinese farm labourers are not going to run the country. This is all fears Western "multicultural" societies have to deal with because you get thrown in jail for insulting non-whites. And you all try to tiptoe around eggshells.

)Choose, Russian Nordics or ????)
And do not forget that they are our muslims and much different then the ones in the west.

All that is needed is a generation without a revolution, and just stability. It will be alright.

All that is needed is a generation without a revolution, and just stability. It will be alright.

And I thought it was impossible to put "Russia" and "stability" in the same sentence.

lol, Russian nordics. Besides, who cares if the population goes down? I'd rather have my nation's population just plain go down than to have the decline in actual national people being replaced by foreigners.

And I thought it was impossible to put "Russia" and "stability" in the same sentence.
You got it wrong. All they need is a strong hand and nationalism. Than nothing else matters. You can even starve them to death if you wish :) A very comfortable people actually.

@Tekee Russia is only number second in immigration in absolute numbers which doesn't matter. Other countries have higher rates per capita and can't use it to compensate the aging of society.

On topic: I don't dare to predict. Russia's importance and influence will definitely suffer but I think apocalyptical scenarios as indicated in the opening post are quixotic.

On topic: I don't dare to predict. Russia's importance and influence will definitely suffer but I think apocalyptical scenarios as indicated in the opening post are quixotic.

Huh? How was I indicating apocalyptical scenarios? I was stating two possibilities, which are hardly apocalyptic. Also, what I am citing is hardly quixotic.

Legal or illegal immigration?
Legal, I believe.
The problem with racism in Russia exists, but it's exaggerated by Western press.
The other thing, part of immigrants are ethnic Russians.

If you want my prediction, the population will continue to decline, with slower rate. The hard time will be around 2015-2020.
I hope I'm wrong and population will start to recover soon.

Russia is only number second in immigration in absolute numbers which doesn't matter. Other countries have higher rates per capita and can't use it to compensate the aging of society.
See which sentence I was replying to.

I would single-handedly solve Russia's demographic problem if I were allowed access to Anna Kournikova, Maria Sharapova, and all of Russia's fine tennis wimmins.

Consensual, of course.

Legal, I believe.
The problem with racism in Russia exists, but it's exaggerated by Western press.
The other thing, part of immigrants are ethnic Russians.

If you want my prediction, the population will continue to decline, with slower rate. The hard time will be around 2015-2020.
I hope I'm wrong and population will start to recover soon.

See which sentence I was replying to.
Well, get back to me when you find out whether it is legal or illegal immigration.

Anyway, half of all immigrants to Russia are ethnically Russian.

@kulade human I think that or an eladrin and a dwarf breed...

Maybe they should stop sending their women to the west?

hmmm, I wonder what a graph would look like if you compared the decline in population, and the amount of brides they send to the west.

Top Bottom