1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Russian Tranlsation

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by NeverMind, Aug 5, 2006.

1. NeverMind

NeverMind Proud to be Russian

I really couldn't resist the temptation and translated RFC texts into Russian. :king:

Russian language was added as 6th language in order to be compatible with the translation of vanilla game by russian civ-community.

All russian-speaking fans are welcome to RFC thread at russian civ-community forum to get the translation and to discuss this great mod in Russian:
    http://forum.civfanatics.ru/index.php?showtopic=3915

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

ooh, great!
    All your Russian friends are welcome here, too, even if they write in Russian only (but in that case you must translate for the rest of us ;) )

3. swan

swan CivFanatics.ru TEAM

Hello, Rhye.
    Full Russian Translation Pack has been made in December 2005 for vanilla Civ4 v.1.00. Subsequently its updatings for all patches were created. Now there is a translation for vanilla and Warlords

I in January at Solver's intermediary addressed to Firaxis with the request to include this package in the nearest patches that Russian-speaking players could play IVOTMs in Russian (as many visitors of our forum do not know English). The answer was not :(

We have already created translation of files from folder XML\Text of your mod (For 10 hours from the moment of the publication of translation of your mod to this time there were 18 downloads). During there is a translation of city names from CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml on sample CIV4GameTextInfos_Cities.xml. Also we plan to create translation of file CityNameManager.py based on:
    Code:
    iCurrentLanguageTempRus = CyGame().getCurrentLanguage()

if (iCurrentLanguageTempRus != 5):
         tCityMap = (<skip>) #original map
    else:
         tCityMap = (<skip>) #map with city names on russian
    And also renaming of the captured cities by analogy to this code

It would be good, if you have inserted Russian into the updating. It is very convenient, when translation already is also it it is not necessary to search on the Internet.
    There are 2 variants of addition of Russian in your mod:
    1. Full (to add all texts of game and patch (~2Mb in zip))
    2. Partial (to add only Russian texts added in your updating (<100Kb in zip). ~50 % of users of all Russian-speaking forums have a Russian Translation Pack)

That you about it think?

Yours faithfully. Vlad "swan" Lebedinsky (co-admin of civfanatics.ru and head of project of translation Civ4 into russian)

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

solution #2 is fine, because otherwise i'd have to add every single file...
    except for the city names thing.
    If you want to edit them you're free to do that, but in the official version they'll stay as they are, that is, in civ's native language.

can you post here the pack for 1.15? (there's some new stuff to translate).
    If it works, I'll merge it in next version

5. NeverMind

NeverMind Proud to be Russian

It would be great! :goodjob:

6. swan

swan CivFanatics.ru TEAM

Has put archive with translation.
    Be not surprised if you will not have a choice of russian in "select language" menu or all russian texts will be unlike on Russian - the Russian text in this translation works normally only at presence of the established Russian Translation Pack and on the russian settings of Windows. Translation is checked up - works normally

PS I tomorrow on a half-month leave to the siberian village - there the Internet is not present. Before my returning translation of new versions (if they will be) will create NeverMind

Yours faithfully.

Attached Files: