Russian Unit Pack 6: Imperial Infantry (1690-1840) (27 Jan, 2007)

Sandris

Happiness to everybody
Russian Imperial Infantry (1690-1840)

Russian Fusilier (1690-1730). Defensive unit.
Russian Grenadier (1690-1730). Offensive unit.

Russian Musketeer (1730-1790). Defensive unit. Actually were not equipped with muskets, but were called musketeers in Russian Imperial army.

Russian Grenadier (1730-1790). Offensive unit.

Russian Musketeer (1790-1840). Defensive unit.

Russian Lifeguard Grenadier (1790-1840). Offensive unit.

Russian Grenadier (1790-1840). Heavy offensive unit.

Russian Jager (1790-1840). Light offensive unit. Russian jagers are comparable to French chasseurs, they are perfect marksmen and have Stealth Attack special action.

Download 8 units

Last edited:
They look very good, but it's to bad you did not make the green of their coat a lot darker. It's really to bright.
I'm hesitating to replace my units with them because of that...

If they were darker, I would have replaced them immediately, the animations are better...

I'm torned!

Sure you don't want to make a third version, darker? Especially for the Russian Musketeer (1790-1840), and the Russian Grenadier (1790-1840)?

On a second thought... After checking the units... You used the civ colour for the coat, and the civ colour I've used for Russia is the dark green, which is close enough. At first I thought you put civ colour on the cuffs and collar!

So, now there is no need to redo anything! I can just use the civ colour version.

You rock man! :goodjob:

Hmm... You know that now you HAVE to make all the other European nations, including cavalry, so I can make my Napoleonic mod?

I can provide you with all the necessary reference pictures, and also with animated units at civ scale (converted from another game, they are good, but don't fit perfectly in Civ) for additional reference.

You are so productive and skilled, it's just a matter of days for you :mischief:

Hmm... You know that now you HAVE to make all the other European nations, including cavalry, so I can make my Napoleonic mod?

Thank you , Steph.

Actually, starting my work on this pack I`ve also been planning to make infantry and cavalry units of that period for Britain, France, Prussia/Germany, Sweden, Austria, Spain, Turkey, Mexico/Latin America, India. :)

Thank you , Steph.

Actually, starting my work on this pack I`ve also been planning to make infantry and cavalry units of that period for Britain, France, Prussia/Germany, Sweden, Austria, Spain, Turkey, Mexico/Latin America, India. :)
Good! Just add Denmark, Portugal and Italy to that list, and you should have almost everything needed. But Mexico/Latin and India are not so important...
Well, for the Napoleonic wars anyway. I should still have the design for this mod, would some new concepts that could be interesting gameplay wise. But I "adanbonned" the mod as the people who were supposed to work with me did very little...

But if you make Mexican / Indian units, I guess I can find use for them in my epic mod.

In fact, I'm currently trying to see how I can squizz all these new units in it.
Normally, I have only 2 periods, not 3... But your units are to good to pass!

Do you plan to make Late 19th century riflemen as well?

Great units Sandris. :goodjob:

Thank you , Steph.

Wow that's quite impressive! I couldn't get you to throw China into that list? :mischief: ;)

Sandris: impressive pack. Do you make your own props? my only problem is SO MANY...I cant deicde what 4 I want to use...

But Mexico/Latin and India are not so important...

Steph: you should specify that YOU dont need them...Mexican units would be more useful to me than more Europeans, India is definately needed...I have been trying to fill South American unit lines forever, and Sandris just started the Indian unit lines...

Why are you so determined to avoid Southern American units??

Wow great units
We have very few units of the Napoleonic period
Thank you!!

I hope you can do more countries (austria, prussia, france, spain, england...)

Steph: you should specify that YOU dont need them...Mexican units would be more useful to me than more Europeans, India is definately needed...I have been trying to fill South American unit lines forever, and Sandris just started the Indian unit lines...

Why are you so determined to avoid Southern American units??
Read my whole post. I said they were not important for a NApoleonic scenario, but that if he make them, I'll use them in my epic mod

Oh my :D
This is quite a pack! These are amazing!

I really do hate to be another pest but is there any chance of an animation in which the grenadiers actually throw... grenades? :)

Has this been made (The fellow on the right)

Could be a hit with any Napoleonic mod or even total mods as Stephs

Guess he could serve as the first Marine unit prior to some late 19th century early US Marines in their historical birth-time.

Sandris any chance of this...

Attachments

• British Marine.jpg
    British Marine.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 240
Top Bottom