Rykors (23/08/10)

It's not Mars, it's Barsoom. We need moaaarrrrrrr!!!! :drool:

(Of course, we also need the bodiless heads, now that we hace headless bodies… *hint, hint*)

A Kaldane riding a Rykor would still be needed…

A Kaldane riding a Rykor would still be needed…

Let's put it this way: we're very very happy with these Rykor units. Besides, putting a drider on the shoulders (covering an already existing head) of most Native American units would be far easier than making units with no head at all, because it's easier to cover something that already exists than to uncover something that doesn't. I don't need to waste Plotinus' time and considerable talents asking him to do something I might be able to do myself with a Gimp Animation Program, or with one of Steph's tools.

Let's put it this way: we're very very happy with these Rykor units. Besides, putting a drider on the shoulders (covering an already existing head) of most Native American units would be far easier than making units with no head at all, because it's easier to cover something that already exists than to uncover something that doesn't. I don't need to waste Plotinus' time and considerable talents asking him to do something I might be able to do myself with a Gimp Animation Program, or with one of Steph's tools.
I think you might have misunderstood me, Balthasar. :(
I just said that Rykors call for Kaldanes, otherwise Barsoom would be incomplete. And I don't regard any effort done by modders as a waste of time/talents.
Sorry if earlier posts gave any other impression.
Awesome work Plotinus! You never cease to amaze me with the unexpected!
Wait until you see what he brings us next…

I don't regard any effort done by modders as a waste of time/talents.

Nor I, Tak; we agree completely on that. Forgive me if my comments seemed pointed. I was only trying to say that Kaldanes aren't a priority at this time.

OH MY GOD WHERE IS HIS HEAD. Plotinus, that guy has no head.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That was a belly-laugh.

Side note- these will be used in GDFM. Haven't decided where yet If you make more headless dudes, I'll use them. The Headless Horseman, perhaps?

OH MY GOD WHERE IS HIS HEAD. Plotinus, that guy has no head.

Hey, wait a minute, you're right! He doesn't have a head! Plotinus releasing an obviously unfinished unit? What has the modding community come to?

Great unit, though. Can't wait to see what comes next.:goodjob:

Goddammit, I knew I forgot something.

I had been thinking for ages that it might be interesting to make some Blemmye units. Blemmyes (not to be confused with the African tribe of the same name who appear in my Desert scenario) were creatures in ancient and medieval mythology, believed to live somewhere in Africa or Asia, which were like human beings but without heads. Unlike Rykors, however, they were rational beings and had faces on their chests. The problem with making them is that with big faces on their chests, you'd need to animate those faces, and texture animation is basically impossible in Poser (it can be done, but only through laborious workarounds such as swapping between different objects). So I suppose the Rykors are as close as I'll get to the Blemmyes.

…not to mention that, once again (as with so many cool features anyone'd love to implement) such a level of detail wouldn't be really noticeable in Civ3.

@balthasar: No problemo.

Top Bottom