S-04 HC's worst nightmare

sooooo

Emperor
I've played a few SGs here, and in the vast majority of them our team beats up on Huayna Capac. He's either the first AI to get splattered by a sword rush, gets crushed in the middle ages by catapults or survives until the renaissance when we run him over with cannons. Whatever else happens in the game, you can guarantee the poor guy will not have a good time of it.

I often wonder what goes through the poor guy's head. He probably plonks his first city down, sends his quechua out scouting and then wails uncontrollably when he sees a civfanatics succesion game team has settled on his doorstep. He must have nightmares about us constantly.

This game is going to play out the worst possible nightmare for HC.

Civ: Inca, Huayna Capac
Version: Vanilla 1.61
Map Script: Fantasy_Realm
Sea Level: High
Resource Placement: Irrational
Size: Standard
Difficulty: Immortal
Speed: Epic
Victory: Any
AIs: Montezuma, Hatshepsut, Isabella, Louis, Kublai Khan, Victoria and Catherine

Variant rules: None. The first five AIs selected were civs we've bulldozed the Incans with before - therefore sure to haunt us. Victoria and Catherine were added in to make up the numbers and chosen because they're hotties, and sure to feature in any red blooded male's dream sequence.

The high difficulty will mean there's a good chance we'll get smashed ... but that would be fitting for HC, right?

I've gone for vanilla civ because Warlords doesn't add that much IMO except Trebuchets which make the game much easier. Also, HC's aggressive trait in vanilla is much better than the girly industrious trait he gets in Warlords.

Here's the start I rolled. It's not too great.

I moved the quechua onto the ice hill. The ice in the west really is ice, but the ice 1S of the settler is a flood plains ice (with incense!). Note the tundra hill oasis - a nice 3-1-3 tile. I'm not sure if we can improve that tile having never played a Fantasy_Realm game before. I think we should settle on the spot as it has just about enough workable tiles viewable, and 4 more to reveal.

Roster is currently closed while I wait to see how many of the usual crew want to play.

Unfortunately you can't improve oasis tiles (beyond a road). I've been waiting to see a Fantasy_Realm SG pop up. If you have a spot open I may have to come back and beg for it.

LOL. Ive played 1 fantasy realm game before and I gotta say, its different... Tundra hill Oasis and ice flood plains incense, oh man. Ill definately be lurking this one.

This one is looking exciting but i want to play a warlordgame and don't want to play more than one so you have to do it without me this time, sure i will be lurking

sooooo said:
AIs: Montezuma, Hatshepsut, Isabella, Louis, Kublai Khan, Victoria and Catherine

Victoria and Catherine were added in to make up the numbers and chosen because they're hotties ...

:eek:
U sick...

BTW: I wanted to start Fantasy SG with resources variant.

Lurker's comment
...that's a great start (even for a Fantasy game)!

If there's still space in the roster after checking up with the usual crew, I'd like to sign up.

Reporting for duty. Fantasy-Realm cool never played on that before.

EDIT: I just realized that about Victoria. Now mmmmmm she's was a hottie maybe power wise but could scare the side off a barn. Now Isabella she's a hottie or even Elizabeth but Sooooo I would have to have a lot of beers to call Victoria a hottie in the 21st century sense.

OK. This should be fun. But I'm pretty sure we'll get our rear ends kicked.

We've got a couple of powerhouse tiles there for the start though. Incense on a flood plain will be awesome. Oasis on a hill will be nice too.

Suggest we build some quechas while we work the hills oasis and flood plain and discover hinduism, then pick up hunting and start a worker. Unless we want to go worker stealing...

Sooo, I have to warn you off Victoria. I don't want you guys making eyes at her. She's MINE I tell you, MINE. Any more of this and there will be a couple of gunboats off Vera Cruz before you can say Jack Robinson.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to pop a boner when Victoria's diplo screen comes up. From Mihau and Cosmichail's comments I was beginning to think I was a big weirdo. But in the spirit of diplomacy, I'll let you have her rodneysandy (you big weirdo!).

@Mike and Cosmichail: Glad to have you on board. Agree with quechua(s) first. With 2 great tiles to work first we won't need a worker for a while to upgrade any other tiles. I've never fought with quechuas so I'm not sure what they can achieve yet. I guess we'll just have to see.

@Asperger: OK, I'll allow it ;). You've gotta periodically download the save and tell us all what we're doing wrong though!

ill join i finally gott of school oh wait.... its monday......
well any ways i finally got my crap finished
and ill find out someway to make this HC's worse nightmare :satan:

OK here's the ro(o)ster:

sooooo
Cosmichail
mike p
Qwack
pindicator

Not sure if Blid is around but if he wants to join as a sixth then that's OK. For now we'll start with 5.

RK and Xtream: Sorry, but lurk as much as you want. I'll come to you if we need a replacement.

I'll play some turns tonight or maybe tomorrow morning. I might try a practice game with the Incas to see how to use the quechuas. Or maybe I'll just play 20 or so turns and pass the tough part on to Cosmichail :lol:.

Lurker's comment:
Go ahead then. I'd love to see how this turns out.

I've been wondering, can you improve the flood plains ice?

sooooo said:
@Asperger: OK, I'll allow it ;). You've gotta periodically download the save and tell us all what we're doing wrong though!

What you do wrong is roster in Qwack while he says he will only be lurking;)

I think the ice flood plains tile can get a watermill or plantation. I doubt we can put a farm over it, but we'll see :p

Qwack said:
I think the ice flood plains tile can get a watermill or plantation. I doubt we can put a farm over it, but we'll see :p

hydroponics ...cooool :cool:

BTW: never seen polar floodplains before

Sooooo[o], thx for the prior game but, at the moment, the pattern is full (been watching too much top gun :D) so I will be lurking this game.

Immortal, fantasy realm : all unvisited ground. Can't resist , bye bye RL :cry:

I'm having technical problems at the moment so end of roster is fine for me, hoping you won't blast through it in 48 hours :lol:

Top Bottom