Sabretooths - you gotta be kidding me

xalien

Prince
Some people say that they start a new game if Acheron pops near them, I wonder what they'd say having a 24:strength: invisible cannibalizing fearsome 6-12 first strikes animal running amok and spawning 12:strength: invisible cannibalizing fearsome 3-6 first strike beasts.

That thing can totally shutdown all expansion in the area and if you somehow manage to capture it you can destroy every civ that you can find without any effort whatsoever.

It's the same with griffins and cave bears. Although Animal invasion is off, they are still spawning - bug

Does having Animal Invasion off actually block them from appearing? I thought it just kept them outside your borders.

can you keep this "bug" and make a new challenge of this ?? :D
something like "Challenge: Animals unleashed" ...

(( well ... but you could still remove invisibility or code removal - when animal reaches lv XY invisibility/stealth promo is removed ... ))

can you keep this "bug" and make a new challenge of this ?? :D
something like "Challenge: Animals unleashed" ...

(( well ... but you could still remove invisibility or code removal - when animal reaches lv XY invisibility/stealth promo is removed ... ))

Making animals stronger isn't a problem at all. :mischief:

So the bug is that they spawn even without the animal invasion option (which in my case is on) and not their ridiculous strength? I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to capture it with some help from 7:strength: ice elementals and shadow mana. Challenging or not, but if that happens it's pretty much game over. At least capturing Acheron requires a fairly late tech to get subdue beasts.

So the bug is that they spawn even without the animal invasion option (which in my case is on) and not their ridiculous strength? I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to capture it with some help from 7:strength: ice elementals and shadow mana. Challenging or not, but if that happens it's pretty much game over. At least capturing Acheron requires a fairly late tech to get subdue beasts.

No. The bug is that they are spawning EARLY, not that they are spawning without a game option.

All 'Animal Invasion' does is allow some animals to enter your cultural borders and attack you. Some start with it, others gain it as they age.

Is it the same bug that keeps making Minotaurs wipe out my opposition in the first 70 turns (normal)? Or is that working? Just checking to see if I should be overcrowding maps to get the right amount of opponents.

any chance of getting a 'no animals or any other bs' option? i didn't mind the old animals much but freaking dragons, mutated scorpions, demon stags and flaming bears destroying anyone not inside a border(or Minotaurs inside) is pretty much stopping me from starting a game.

seems like rife has this weird obsession with making the world my biggest enemy when I'd rather be fighting other people.

I think the "weird obsession" is half the point of the mod. They want the game to be harder and they want to slow down expansion. Oddly, I find it compels me to expand faster, at least up to my nearest neighbors, so that they take the brunt of the wilderness' rage.

any chance of getting a 'no animals or any other bs' option? i didn't mind the old animals much but freaking dragons, mutated scorpions, demon stags and flaming bears destroying anyone not inside a border(or Minotaurs inside) is pretty much stopping me from starting a game.

seems like rife has this weird obsession with making the world my biggest enemy when I'd rather be fighting other people.

There should already be a 'No Animals' game option, just like the one for Barbs and Demons. ;)

Any chance we can change this to be 'no crazy stastics animals' instead? I actually like being able to capture bears and whatnot to build the impossible to build managerie.

Plus.. there is a massive issue with nations that start out friendly to animals where late game they will still have lairs inside their lands that are spawning creatures that CAN enter other lands becuase there are no free non-culturally claimed tiles to enter. Oh and.. is there something about them that causes them to auto-target the player? I went into the world editor to check this.. and there was a literal bee-line of enemy monsters heading for my city. If once a monster nation lose to something does it keep auto targeting it until it wins?

Any chance we can change this to be 'no crazy stastics animals' instead? I actually like being able to capture bears and whatnot to build the impossible to build managerie.

Plus.. there is a massive issue with nations that start out friendly to animals where late game they will still have lairs inside their lands that are spawning creatures that CAN enter other lands becuase there are no free non-culturally claimed tiles to enter.

As I've said over a dozen times now (Not actually bothered, just don't want to type it out again. :p) the barb system will be entirely redone.

Top Bottom