Sabretooths - you gotta be kidding me

Any chance we can change this to be 'no crazy stastics animals' instead? I actually like being able to capture bears and whatnot to build the impossible to build managerie.

Try the Less Dangerous Animals mini-mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=357891

The strengths of all the animals was scaled back. Don't get me wrong, you can still get advanced animals pretty quickly, but for the most part they can be beaten down by a big enough stack.

I think that (Other than the single sabretooths) many of the animals are in fact balanced. The issue is certain animals (To name a few, sabretooths, sabretooth packs, griffon packs, worg packs) spawn early in the game and feed off of weak units. By mid-early game, they have +100% strength, and are suddenly a force to be reckoned with. I'm confident to say that over half my games are ruined by a griffon flight decked out with full promotions way too early in the game. I've mobbed rangers on the bastards, but they're too afraid to attack him- So he becomes unstoppable at such an early point in the game. Basically, it has forced me to play with Timid Animals game option on, which I don't enjoy as it is somewhat unrealistic. Then again, to play Devil's Advocate, I'm :):):):):)ing about realism on a fantasy mod.. Anyways, cheers.

-Joe

Hell, I'm just glad that RifE is being worked on. The other FFH mods are pretty much frozen in one degree or another (and with the damn OOS issues too).

Is there an easy way to stop the animals upgrading? That seems to be the crux of the issue... its fine to have sabertooth packs, worg packs, etc. on the map at some stage, but not before the players have units that have a fighting chance. Animals should not be upgrading their Tier before the players (AI or human) are equipped to cope.

Is there an easy way to stop the animals upgrading? That seems to be the crux of the issue... its fine to have sabertooth packs, worg packs, etc. on the map at some stage, but not before the players have units that have a fighting chance. Animals should not be upgrading their Tier before the players (AI or human) are equipped to cope.

Already accomplished for the next version. No animals upgrade from combat anymore, instead at a certain age they gain access to a spell (which they always cast) that upgrades it. The spell requires the animal or Doviello civ; Archos have an alternative upgrade method reliant on capital size.

Top Bottom