1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacrificial Captives

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Robin_Cox, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Robin_Cox

Robin_Cox Chieftain

The Aztec special ability "Sacrificial Captives" (Gains Culture for the empire from each enemy unit killed) seems to me as one of the best special abilities in the game. Does anybody know if barbarians units count as "enemy units"?

2. lololk

lololk Chieftain

they do count, I'm sure of it. They're also an enemy unit, because they will always be hostile to you

3. piderman

piderman Warlord

Don't underestimate the Indians. If all your cities have pop 10 your cities already create 30% less unhappiness. That goes up if your cities are even bigger.

4. TheMystic

TheMystic Warlord

They do count yes, although if I recall correctly barbs don't give as much culture. I believe it was +2 culture per barb kill, and +5 culture per AI / city state kill. Aztecs are definitely geared towards being always at war to make the most use out of that bonus.

5. Robin_Cox

Robin_Cox Chieftain

The great thing with the Aztecs i think is that normally culturebuilding will suffer when at war. In this case the opposite, you will boost culture by going to war.

6. BjoernLars

BjoernLars Warlord

I am not sure if you can get culture from Barbarians. I think they don't want to you to be farming Barbarian Camps for culture... Don't quote me on this...

7. civfan1

civfan1 Chieftain

They do but my prefered method would be to take out all but one city state, and then farm it. Yes I know this was metioned in the forums. If you want to join my group by the way add this to all your posts. :nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke: The way to find happiness in life is to ..............(censored.)

8. MuteWolf

MuteWolf Chieftain

Source? Just curious.