Sad Day For BAT Users

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator
Due to a horrific hard drive failure, and the subsequent failure of my backup hard drive, I have lost all of the source files for BAT and Better BAT AI.

This means that there will be no BAT 5.0 release as planned, since the files are gone. Due to the fact that there are very few users out there, it's just not worth my time to start again.

Therefore, as of this writing, there will be no further work done on the BAT Mod, or Better BAT AI. The BUG team and I would like to thank all of the users of the mods, and for their support in the past years.

-Lemon

The mod files are still available at SourceForge. I'm going to re-download them so I can archive them in case SF ever takes them down.

I honestly thought that developers would take more care with source files than this. It sucks that they are lost, but it was kinda of inevitable.

The drive (and computer) was lost to an electrical storm. The storm also completely destroyed the SVN server (direct lightning strike and fire) where the source files were backed up. Care was taken.

I am very sorry to hear that. My all time favorite mods. Many thanks to you and the rest of the BUG team for all your hard work over the years.

I hope the strike and fire didn't cause any other loss or injury!

Nothing that a fire extinguisher couldn't put out. I'm just glad I was home.

And thanks from all of us for your kind words.

I just reinstalled civ4 and while looking for my favourite mods saw this news. I had a great amount of fun playign both bat and your BXP packs so thanks to you and the team for all your great work!

I just reinstalled civ4 and while looking for my favourite mods saw this news. I had a great amount of fun playign both bat and your BXP packs so thanks to you and the team for all your great work!
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate it. :)

And remember, BAT and the BXP packs are still available on SourceForge. At least those weren't destroyed.

@yelow13

I recovered what I could then destroyed the drives. I was able to salvage some of the work that I had done for BAT 5.0 and Better BAT AI 3.0, but I don't think there is enough there, or enough interest in the mods anymore to start again.

But thank you for your kind offer. :)

Top Bottom