Safari for windows.

Urederra

Mostly harmless
Just to tell you guys that Apple's web browser is now available for windows platforms.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

I use it in my mac, along with firefox and it works great. I can't tell the difference in performance between the two of them. The only feature I have noticed that is quite useful in safari is the Bookmark bar, a bar at the top of the page, below the adress bar, where you can have your favs one click away.

Will you try it?

The only feature I have noticed that is quite useful in safari is the Bookmark bar, a bar at the top of the page, below the adress bar, where you can have your favs one click away.

Will you try it?

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I have that feature in firefox, too. :confused:

And since I´m content with my browser right now, I won´t bother trying. Sorry. Anyway, good to know. :)

TBH I don't know what Safari offers that Firefox doesn't. One of my friends reckons it's faster, but I don't see why it should be...

TBH I don't know what Safari offers that Firefox doesn't. One of my friends reckons it's faster, but I don't see why it should be...

Safari is faster...if you count in miliseconds and there's still a lot of bugs in it

Safari isn't supposed to be a feature-rich browser. Its goal is to let you to browse web and leave everything else (like Firefox's popular weather forecast addon) to other programs (e.g. Dashboard). It's for people who appreciate a minimalist design. Just like a Mac mini.

I tried it. I can see why it's still a beta version. Whenever I tried to go to Gmail, whether via the secure or regular login, it crashed (I reported the bug). It also wouldn't let me edit the title of a post I had previously made on CivFanatics. Beyond that, it has displayed everything correctly.

Once it fixes the Gmail error, it'll probably join the relatively large group of browsers I already have.

If you're into new browsers, my recommendation is Gran Paradiso, the early version of Firefox 3. I haven't had any problems with it (and yet I'm still running Opera now because it was the closest one on the desktop).

Safari is faster...if you count in miliseconds and there's still a lot of bugs in it
So it's not noticeably faster? Meh...

Safari isn't supposed to be a feature-rich browser. Its goal is to let you to browse web and leave everything else (like Firefox's popular weather forecast addon) to other programs (e.g. Dashboard). It's for people who appreciate a minimalist design. Just like a Mac mini.
But is it faster?

My firefox is pretty minimalist -- I don't have any crazy addons, the "theme" is a minimalist one with small buttons, and the only extension I use is one that makes tabbed browsing more usable for me. If Safari can do that, only faster, I'd upgrade.

Personally, Firefox seems noticeable faster than Safari to me with my DSL connection. I don't use any add-ons, so that probably does help.

I also didn't like how Safari tended to open links in new windows. Firefox has made me a real stickler for tabs.

I tried Safari and it took me forever to load their home page. BTW i have DSL.

I guess Fx with useful extensions is the best

Also,Safari always crash... that is bad

If you would like to try Fx, I recommend these extensions : Flashgot,image toolbar,image zoom, right encoding, show image, and super drag and go.

What's special about Safari?

I like how every single browser claims to be the fastest one

And there faster for different things e.g.
Opera fastest to start
FF fastest for new version nums
IE fastest to crash
etc.
etc.

Top Bottom