Saga of the English (OOC)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by dot80, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I guess I'll just have the Wardens move one tile to the east to see how many barbarians are over there. If there's only one unit, I guess just go ahead and attack.

2. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

Hey, could I reserve a place as the first (or second, if the first one is already reserved) Great Prophet?

3. xnira

xnira Chieftain

@trexeric, there should be a post with what people have reserved and I dont believe anyone has claimed a GPr yet?

@dot80, I just noticed that the way you linked the Cast of Characters thing, it hasn't realized that it's been edited and it just links to the original post. (Sorry, that was badly phrased) I'm not really sure how to fix it, but I figured you should know because that will probably confuse people.

Also, I'm flying to Italy tomorrow so I might not be able to check/update stuff as often depending on the availability of interwebs and company.

4. Bfoxius

Bfoxius Chieftain

Is this still going? If it is, @dot80, are you willing to add civilizations via worldbuilder?

5. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Excuse my absence. Real life got in the way as the graduation parties started, work became busy, and many other things all flooded at me at once. I am sorry for the lack of communication, and will totally understand if this dies because of my hiatus. Nevertheless, I am going to try and continue and will be posting later tonight.

6. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I will attempt to fix the linking. I think there is a way just to link to that part of the thread no the only post.

It is, sorry again for the absence. I am very willing if you can make a good case for it. Though I'm unsure if you can actually add civilization with firewire that didn't start in the game.

You may reserve as the second (or the first, though I believe it is taken).

EDIT: @xnira: The posts should be fixed.

7. dot80

dot80 Emperor

8. xnira

xnira Chieftain

Oh also, I think I wrote this earlier and my internet must have faulted or something, but if you've already scouted, then switch back to the warrior XD Also, I don't think you've updated the Google doc with stuff...? I'm not quite sure but I might be missing it.

Also, showing the normal screen instead of cropping it is useful because it shows the science and also the minimap and stuff. Maybe a shot of the diplomatic screen?

9. Heerlo

Just wondering, where are the Wardens by now? Have they moved outside the barbarian encampment east of York?

10. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I only updated what was needed to be updated. I changed the London screen and added the warrior screen, but nothing else really changed. I'll admit it was getting late last night, and I planned to add stuff to the doc today. I will update all the screenshots later today, including the mininmap and the diplo screen.

They hadn't moved because they had already used up their movements for that turn. (I think they were far away and just told them to come back and they had just go there when the game started). They will move this next turn.

I plan to add more to my IC post. Something to stir up RP and such.

11. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Added to the google doc.

12. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Whelp it seems this has died. Instead of trying to revive a dead game I'm just going to call it over, make time for other endeavors.

13. Heerlo

Why has it died? I'd still help. I just haven't got around to writing yet.

14. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Well I updated days ago and no one has even posted a comment in the ooc, let alone a story in the story thread.

15. Heerlo

Sorry, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do a story yet. I should have been paying better attention to this. Where are the Wardens at by now?

16. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I haven't made another update. They are still where they were. If you check the google doc there are screens and such there. However only two people would not make for a fun game.

17. Heerlo

Well, if you think the others will come back, and if you want to, you can move the Wardens next to the encampment, and I'll work on another chapter.

18. dot80

dot80 Emperor

If they all come back I will continue on for sure. I was really hoping for long epic stories of heros and drama and action and all that jazz.

19. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

I'd still do it with my great prophet guy (who I have a story for)

20. dot80

dot80 Emperor

We are a ways from that. I'm not sure we are even producing any faith right now.