1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by SaibotLieh, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I was......well.....I.....:eek:........:(........:lol:........darn!

2. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Concerning the replacement of the graphics of male units: Did you define a "UnitArtStyleType" for them? That is the way I solved this for my Amazon civ.
    Every Civ has a "UnitArtStyleType" in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml. I use the tag "UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZON"
    As this is no standard tag, it has to be defined in the CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml. In this file you can add the entries for all Units you want a female graphic. I think the sheme is easy to understand, each block contains the UnitType (not Unitclass), and 3 tags for different ArtDefines Tags for earl, middle and late game. This ArtDifineTags have do be defined in Civ4ArtDefines_Units.xml of course.

3. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Hi Kathy

Yes, Saib actually includes that file with his mods. That's one thing I like about his Mods and LH's is that he includes the xml's. Saves me the brain drain and great for learning. I'll include some below for you to look at. It's fairly long so I will just include a few.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Alex Mantzaris (Firaxis Games) -->
    <!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 -->
    <!-- Copyright Firaxis Games 2005 -->
    <!-- -->
    <!-- Civilization Infos -->
    <Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos xmlns="x-schema:AmazonsCiv_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml">
    <UnitArtStyleTypeInfos>
    <UnitArtStyleTypeInfo>
    <Type>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS</Type>
    <StyleUnits>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_AXEMAN</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZONSCIV_AXEMAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZONSCIV_AXEMAN</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZONSCIV_AXEMAN</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_CHARIOT</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZONSCIV_CHARIOT</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZONSCIV_CHARIOT</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZONSCIV_CHARIOT</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_WORKER</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FEMALE_WORKER</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FEMALE_WORKERMODERN</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FEMALE_WORKER</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_SETTLER</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_FEMALE_MIDDLE_EAST</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_FEMALE_MIDDLE_EAST</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_FEMALE_MIDDLE_EAST</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_MIDDLE_EAST</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_MIDDLE_EAST</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_MIDDLE_EAST</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_CHILD_MIDDLE_EAST</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_CHILD_MIDDLE_EAST</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_CHILD_MIDDLE_EAST</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_SPY</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_ANCIENT_SPY</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SPY</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_ANCIENT_SPY</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_SCOUT</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_SCOUT</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_SCOUT</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_SCOUT</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_EXPLORER</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FEMALE_EXPLORER</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FEMALE_EXPLORER</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FEMALE_EXPLORER</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_ARCHER</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_ARCHER</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_ARCHER</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_ARCHER</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>
    <StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
    <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_CROSSBOWMAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
    <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_CROSSBOWMAN</LateArtDefineTag>
    <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMAZON_CROSSBOWMAN</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
    </StyleUnit>

......and so on!

Has me stumped.

4. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Also this is in Civ.

<Type>CIVILIZATION_AMAZONS</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMAZONS_DESC</Description>
    <ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMAZONS_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
    <Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMAZONS_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
    <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMAZONS_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
    <DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_GREEN</DefaultPlayerColor>
    <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_AMAZONS</ArtDefineTag>
    <ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>
    <UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS</UnitArtStyleType>
    <bPlayable>1</bPlayable>
    <bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>

I am wondering now if the ArtStyleType is wrong.

5. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Did you include the content of the file into the existing ArtstyleUnits.xml, or did you you include the file into your mod folder? I think it should be merged to one file, if you are not using "modular loading." If you are using "modular loading", I am afraid I can not help you, as I do not kno anything about this.

6. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Sorry, I cannot spot any error in the code you posted and I know that the mod should work modular.

If you want to use the mod modular, then all that should be needed is to put the folder of the zip file into your mod folder and make sure that in the _Civ4Config file in the BtS folder this is activated:
    Code:
    ; Modular XML Loading
    ModularLoading = 1

If you want to merge the mod into your mod files, you will have to copy&paste all entries from my files into the equivalent files of your mod.

7. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Yes it is set. I cannot spot the problem. Here are the files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajl5u9vpj65fgvo/MyAmazons.7z?dl=0

8. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

I cannot spot any errors with the ArtDefine files so far, but in the AmazonsCiv_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml you have given the Amazons two more unique units, a scout and an archer, without having defined them in the AmazonsCiv_CIV4UnitInfos.xml. Also you seem to want to mix the AmazonCiv mod with the Native Amazons mod, but for this you also need to add the files of both mods into your mod as well, otherwise you will surely run into troubles at some point.

Did you try to use my AmazonCiv mod as it is at some point? It would be of interest to see if that at least works.

9. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I add those to as a test to see if it would point to them but didn't work. I get a notice when loading but I expected that.

I tried running the mod on it's own as well, also swapping my files for the originals but both attempts don't seem to bring the Amazons skins up.

The other female sets, (CEO, Modern, Great People, ect.) have always worked since your first release but never got the Amazons to work.

The two unique units work in AmazonCiv show up fine.

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

I am wondering if there is something in the python I am missing.

10. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

The Amazon Civ mod does not need any python parts to work, only the Native Amazons mod does, so that should not be the problem.

Since all the definitions in your files seem to be fine and trigger no error, my best guess would be now that there is some kind of double declarations in the whole of your mod files. Maybe try to rename the 'UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS' entry to something new like 'UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS_CIV' in the AmazonsCiv_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml and the AmazonsCiv_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml files.

11. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Ok, I thought I had it figured out. I looked at the leaders files. I normally use Hyppo, so I looked in there. Changed UNIT_ARTSTYLE to Amazons in AmazonsCiv_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and at the beginning it showed the female archer at the beginning so figured I was on the right track. Then a new twist occurred. I could open the world builder in the beginning but once the game started and tried to open it after a couple of turns, the game crashes. Next step was to try a different leader in case it was something with Hippo. So I tried Penthesila taken from your files. Same occurred.
    So if the files in the mod are good, which I think they are because you made them and I can't find anything amiss, any thoughts as to why the game is now crashing when trying to open world builder? Oh yes and the flag is now showing up (which was the other problem). Seems we are getting closer. Will try the rename and see if that solves the crash.

12. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Ok, tried the name change in just the Amazon Files as directed (UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS_CIV).

Didn't change the Leader Files and on load got errors from all three which I expected because they were still at UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS. Game loaded but all were back to standard units except for the unique two.

Changed one of the Leaders to the new direct. Didn't get the error for that Leader on load. Game crashed to desktop as soon as the Mod started.

Exactly as before I changed the name. If I took the S off Amazon get the same load errors. Soon as I put it on same crash.

13. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

The crash when you open the World Builder might be caused by the button definition of the Amazon Longbowman:
    Code:
    <Button>/Custom Units/Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/amazon_longbowman.dds</Button>

The other buttons seems to be alright, but if you still get crashes, maybe try to comment out all of the unit art definitions in the AmazonsCiv_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml file. If it works then, comment out only one half. If it still works, half again, if not, comment out the other half. Continue until you get to the one file that causes the problem. This does not work as well if there are more than one file at fault, but at least it should then helf you corner the files that might cause the problem.

14. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I'm convinced there in lies the problem now. Not sure what you mean by "Comment Out" unless you mean "Comment Out".

15. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

So far so good. Fixed the button thing and so far so good. Hasn't crashed yet but I am back to standard units. I will carry on and see if I can get them back.

16. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Nope. seems I am back to square one. Game opens fine but with regular units regardless of which of the three leaders without have the line <UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_AMAZONS</UnitArtStyleType> in their Leader_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. As soon as I put it in, crash on opening.
    I did find some corrections in it but didn't appear to be the cause. Tried deleting all the units out but the two unique ones but that didn't help either.

17. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Wait, so you have a Leader_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and a AmazonsCiv_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file in the same mod and you have the AmazonCiv in both? That certainly can lead to strange stuff. Maybe try to put all Civs in one file. Also the unit art is independent of the leader you choose for the civ, that is why the definition is in the CIV4CivilizationInfos file and not the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos one.

By the way, with commenting out I meant to use the comment function which makes certain code line 'invisible' for the game compiler. This is. as the name says, normally used to add comments to the code, but can also be used to disable code lines for testing. In xml files, you do this by putting a <!-- in front of the first line and a --> after the last line you want to comment out.

18. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I'll check into that.

I thought you meant that I just didn't know that was the term for it. Always learning something from you. Thanks!

19. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Believe it or not I figured it out. It was so dumb. :crazyeye:

20. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

I am glad that you were able to fix it. Out of interest, what was the problem in the end? Might also be helpful for others to know about this..