Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

Probably this happened after a long night and you were simply drunk :D:D

Maria has a great hairdo too. It looks nothing like a mullet but it would be accurate to say it has the same overall properties, "business in the front, and party in the back".
That's a real nice way to describe it. :) It's quite a shame one can only see a glimpse of the back in the game.
Great stuff as usual Saibot, as you know I was thinking of turning your Mangammal into Benazir Bhutto, so I went into the folder I have for your stuff and noticed that there was a "Dido" folder in there. So I looked at it, and it was my Dido, but it looks like you shadered it. Did you make a shadered version of my Dido? If you did I totally forgot, and haven't even looked at it in game or uploaded it.

Or am I just crazy.
Thanks.

Aye, I did that shadered version. You even asked me how to achieve the semi-transparent jewel look. :)

In fact the shader does not add that much more to this excellent leaderhead, it only makes the gold parts a bit more shiny. I think the main advantage of my version is that I put some of the graphic files together. It doesn't change the quality of the leaderhead, but it makes it a bit less space and memory consuming.

Don't sweat about forgetting it. And as I already said in the PM, you are free to do what you want with it (it's your leaderhead after all). :goodjob:
Probably this happened after a long night and you were simply drunk :D:D
As far as I know he does some of his best stuff when he is drunk, so it's totally fine with me. ;)

Well, thanks anyway, I'll just tack that on to the list of things I have to do for my mod. Man, I don't think I'll EVER get back around to these LHs I have sitting around at this rate. :crazyeye:

I'll add Bhutto to the list of the other LHs I am working on. She will probably be one of the first I do once I get back to LH-making because she will be a leader for my Pakistan module and that's one of the modules I want to finish first. :goodjob:

Holy carp, how am I only just now discovering these? I need to pay more attention. :)

Umm... uhh... yes. Gracing our humble Forum with his Holy Presence we have, pictured above, Pope Leaderheadium Responsia Deliciosus, first Scalemaster of the New Piscean Empire.

Tonight we shall hold a special oven-preheating ceremony in His Honour.

holy carps - now also sold at sids sushi ...

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 220
These are great leaderheads; you do fantastic work! My only criticism would be this: in the Joan of Arc intro animation she curtsies (of course, since it's Liz's anims), which kind of looks funny to me because she's in a suit of armor. Also I didn't have her pegged as the curtsying type. :D I don't know if you have the inclination, but imho it would be way cool if you could turn it into a small bow instead. But that's it, one tiny drop of criticism in a sea of awesomeness! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment.

In fact I had a rather courteous girl in mind as I made the Joan Leaderhead, therefore I chose that animation set. I also kind of like the antagonism between her curtsy and the armor she's wearing. :) But of course everybody can think different about this.

The problem with changing on of the animations is that I would have to try to fit a given animation to the Liz posture. Something like this can be done for units with some work, but I guess for leaderheads it would be several times harder because you have more bones to consider and errors are much more visible. Also the end posture certainly wouldn't fit the start posture of the following loop animation, which would lead to another major glitch.

Because of this I always stayed with a whole animation set for my leaderheads.

'bot,

Any chance for any more converts? Don't make fun of me, but I'm on a quest to to recreate all the Civ2 leaders into Civ4.

So looking for these, they are all female leaderheads left to make, and I know you like makin' chicks so maybe you can help?

Code:
Aztec
	Nazca
Babylon
	Ishtar
Greeks
	Hippolyta
Persia
	Scheherezade
Rome
	Livia
Sioux
	Sacajawea
Vikings
	Grunhild
Zulu
	Shakala
India
	Indira Ghandi

I guess Grunhild makes the most sense and would be most fun and easy to find based on available models from AO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnhild

Well, a lot of the secondary/female Civ2 leaders were mostly either completely unrelated to the civ they were meant to lead, mythological people, or outright invented.

There is no Nazca in Aztec history or even mythology as far as I am aware.

Ishtar is a goddess.

Hippolyta was a mythological Amazonian queen.

Sheherezade is a literary character, although probably based on a real person.

Sacajewa was not a leader, let alone a Sioux.

Gunnhild's actual existance is debatable, although she is treated as a real historic person (like Ragnar Lodbrok).

I don't know anything about Shakala, and was unable to find anything about her, which leads me to beliee they simply added a "la" to the end of Shaka.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing these leaders created. :goodjob:

Well, a lot of the secondary/female Civ2 leaders were mostly either completely unrelated to the civ they were meant to lead, mythological people, or outright invented.

There is no Nazca in Aztec history or even mythology as far as I am aware.

Ishtar is a goddess.

Hippolyta was a mythological Amazonian queen.

Sheherezade is a literary character, although probably based on a real person.

Sacajewa was not a leader, let alone a Sioux.

Gunnhild's actual existance is debatable, although she is treated as a real historic person (like Ragnar Lodbrok).

I don't know anything about Shakala, and was unable to find anything about her, which leads me to beliee they simply added a "la" to the end of Shaka.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing these leaders created. :goodjob:

Yeah not so much historical correctness other than the history of what they put in Civ 2. I won't be the first to raise my hand and say we don't need more female leaders though!

Aww man, you beat me about an hour for my next release. :lol:

It's not Hippolyta, but another Amazonian Queen, Penthesilea:
Spoiler :

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16035

She didn't turn out as warrior-like as I hoped her to be, but the leather clothes she was wearing first made her look like a cavewoman, so I changed it to a look like a toga. I also though about adding a helmet, but her polycount is already rather high (about 10700 triangles), so I left her as she is now.

It's quite funny that you are researching the Civ2 leaders in the moment, because I did that too in the past for inspiration, but came to the same conclusion as The Capo. Also it led me to look at the Civ3 leaders. I noticed at that time that there are a in fact lot of nice 3d leaders in the respective CivFanatics database.

Naive as I am most of the time I thought there has to be a way to use them for Civ4, but of course the available downloads consist of movies only and no real 3d models. But again, this led me to notice Poser, the 3d program the Civ3 guys use to create their leaderheads.

Well, Poser is 3d, Blender is 3d, so I thought the many beautiful models from Poser can be also used for Civ4, and in fact it was rather easy to get the models into Blender (via saving them as .obj files), but sadly they have such a high polycount that it's not even funny anymore, so my source of easy-and-fast-to-convert models turned out to be not to be, but than again I wanted to succeed somehow. As can be seen, I somehow did, but there was much new to learn for me and much work to do so.

I used only the model from Poser with no animation (gave her the Boudica animations) and spend a lot of time for poly-reduction. The body polycount stayed mostly the same (there are some relatively low-polycount models available), but for the clothes and the necklace I had to pull the polycount down to about a tenth of the original. For the clothes I used a technique called retopology for this. This very good video tutorial helped me to learn that technique. The reduction of the necklace polycount was purly made "by hand".

I'm rather pleased with the result, but it's a bit sad that the Poser models can be used in an easier way.

Top Bottom