1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Same worldwide pricing

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Ktane, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Ktane

Ktane Chieftain

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

If I recall correctly the release date is worldwide as well, which is pretty cool. If that is the case they should be commended for that as well.

3. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Well.. its digital lol. I don't expect Londoner's digitals to cost more than an canadian's digital. XD

4. Ktane

Ktane Chieftain

You wouldn't think so but.. price gouging is a severe problem, hopefully this is evidence the discrimination is receding:

www.aph.gov.au/parliamentary_busine..._committees?url=ic/itpricing/report/front.pdf

"Australian consumers and businesses, however, must often pay much more for their IT products than their counterparts in comparable economies. In many cases Australians pay 50 to 100 per cent more for the same product."

5. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Kick the politicians out of their current chairs and enact the laws that Australians want to stop the gouging?

6. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Hmm... There's much less difference in price for CIS countries now. It's 1200 rubles, which is about $33. Quite expensive for a Steam game...

7. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

At least Western games haven't been embargoed yet. :p

8. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Yet... ;)

9. Makavcio

Makavcio Prince

Well, I had paid a little below 30USD for my preorder, though it seems I'll have to switch to the digital release in order to get pre-order goodies.

Moderator Action: We are talking about CivBE, not what is going on in Russia or anywhere else in the world. This is not the place for it and the comment above was about the game's availability, nothing else.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

10. Fire0rb

Fire0rb Warlord

Well fair pricing would be if for the europeans CivBE would cost about 38€ but we pay 50€ as well which is worth about 66$.....

So its always a problem to find fairly priced Euro-Shops or buy the game not via steam...

11. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

Well, it seems Firaxis/2K gives us South Americans a hidden discount sometimes. They did for XCOM:EU and Civ5 stuff, but apparently it's not there for the Beyond Earth preorder. That's still $49.99 USD.

I'm glad I could get it from Green Man Gaming for $37.50 USD thanks to a voucher, though.

12. HipNozY

HipNozY Chieftain

The Pre-Order here in Brazil is actually cheaper (on Steam), R$99, which converts to U$43 or 33 euros.

13. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Games tend to priced very well in the UK, but computer hardware on the other hand is heavily price gauged and we get ripped off a lot.

14. Ktane

Ktane Chieftain

Nope, 2kgames just screwed us over & increased the price by 80% from $50 to $90.

Hate those bastards so much

Ktane

15. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Because raging without showing us the link is good way to make us believe you?

16. Freedom Geek

Freedom Geek Chieftain

17. Bkeela

Bkeela Warlord

I pre-ordered the game for $49.99 AUD on Steam the other day, and now it is listed as $89.99 AUD. Did I received a discount, or shall I need to fork out more?

18. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Yes I too got the same shock when I went to order it, meant to get it the day before, ow well

19. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

In my experience, you pay the price listed when you made the purchase. If the price changes later, Steam won't reimburse you nor ask for more.

20. Ktane

Ktane Chieftain